• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor)(spoilers) this Possible UC4 Easter Egg oh boy

Sponge

Banned
I don't follow Skylanders but I thought he was used as a launch character and has been since overshadowed by others since. Is he still relevant to the series?

That's true, but if Sony really did buy back Crash I can assure you it wouldn't have been cheap. They probably just don't have the money to get Spyro as well.

That's true, but if Sony really did buy back Crash I can assure you it wouldn't have been cheap. They probably just don't have the money to get Spyro as well.
Activision wasn't really using Crash at all after MoM, I think, so it might not have been that much

SNURB

I'd rather they go for a more cartoony look in the games. Twinsanity's art style felt generic in some places and the character designs felt too proportioned.

I'd like for them to take inspiration from the cancelled reboot Radical Entertainment was planning:
latest

protonion

So if U4 sells about 10 million copies, more people will have played Crash through it than the actual games?
It would be a nice boost for the revival!

Crash series has sold over 50 million games. Sitting on it is the weirdesst decision i've ever seen Activision make. That being said, Sony never owned it, they just had publishing rights.

As far as I can tell, Activision makes games based on what devs can think up to do with their properties - for example, Skylanders came about when Toys For Bob were offered the chance to work on an old Vivendi property. Crash could have been their choice, but they went with Spyro instead, and the idea for toys to life was their final choice of direction.

They've probably pitched Crash to a million different devs, none of whom were able to come up with an idea Activision were eventually all that into (and that no doubt includes making a bog-standard 3D platformer). The franchise has legacy but ultimately, they couldn't figure out how to make it meaningful. In Sony's hands, that should be a lot easier a problem to solve.

shield

I had very little interest in Uncharted 4, but I'm genuinely tempted to pick it up now.

You don't need treasure, don't take fame
Don't need no Phurba to ride this train
He's dumb and he's topless and he spins sometimes
But he might just save your life
That's the power of Crash

Crash series has sold over 50 million games. Sitting on it is the weirdesst decision i've ever seen Activision make. That being said, Sony never owned it, they just had publishing rights.
Activision published 3 mobile crash games(Nitro Kart 3D, Mutant Island, Nitro Kart 2), 1 mainline crash game that was mediocre at best (Mind Over Mutant), and ended up cancelling 2 others (Crash Landed, Crash Team Racing 2010)
It's not sitting on it
It's just that the games didn't sell well

Activision published 3 mobile crash games(Nitro Kart 3D, Mutant Island, Nitro Kart 2), 1 mainline crash game that was mediocre at best (Mind Over Mutant), and ended up cancelling 2 others (Crash Landed, Crash Team Racing 2010)
It's not sitting on it
It's just that the games didn't sell well

Incorrect.

Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D was the best selling iOS app for several years running. It stayed #1 for years. It was also developed and published under SIERRA, in 2008, not Activision. The Activision name was added in an update.

Nitro Kart 2 did fine as well, not quite as well, but well. This is the only product Activision COMMISSIONED and released from Crash. Crash Landed and CTR 2010 were both canceled before this came out, and it was because of restructuring, not because the games didn't sell well. Landed and TR2010 had not progressed far and were going to likely need rebudgeting. Their cancelation had nothing to do with the Crash name.

Mind Over Mutant was ENTIRELY done under the Sierra banner, the merger legally speaking occurred after the game went gold, and the Activision logo appears on the box but NOT in the game. That's how late in development they added it to the box. Activision barely promoted it and dumped it out, and it still sold over a million.

Mutant Island was also a Sierra product that was simply handed to Activision in the merger. It cost them literally chump change to push it out to phone marketplaces.

So yes, really, after CBNK2, they did SIT ON IT for six years.

Incorrect.

Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D was the best selling iOS app for several years running. It stayed #1 for years. It was also developed and published under SIERRA, in 2008, not Activision. The Activision name was added in an update.

Nitro Kart 2 did fine as well, not quite as well, but well. This is the only product Activision COMMISSIONED and released from Crash. Crash Landed and CTR 2010 were both canceled before this came out, and it was because of restructuring, not because the games didn't sell well. Landed and TR2010 had not progressed far and were going to likely need rebudgeting. Their cancelation had nothing to do with the Crash name.

Mind Over Mutant was ENTIRELY done under the Sierra banner, the merger legally speaking occurred after the game went gold, and the Activision logo appears on the box but NOT in the game. That's how late in development they added it to the box. Activision barely promoted it and dumped it out, and it still sold over a million.

Mutant Island was also a Sierra product that was simply handed to Activision in the merger. It cost them literally chump change to push it out to phone marketplaces.

So yes, really, after CBNK2, they did SIT ON IT for six years.
maybe they thought it wouldn't sell well, as activision is ought to think about things that are not CoD

So Cortex's voice actor posted on Facebook saying he's been asked today to 'revive 3 very different characters from 3 very different games' calling it a "throwback thursday".

He said the characters were...

A Devil...

A Droid...

and

A Doctor.

ZarKryn7

So Cortex's voice actor posted on Facebook saying he's been asked today to 'revive 3 very different characters from 3 very different games' calling it a "throwback thursday".

He said the characters were...

A Devil...

A Droid...

and

A Doctor.

Which VA is it? Lex lang or Clancy brown?

Which VA is it? Lex lang or Clancy brown?

It's Lex. I didn't post proof because he has it set to friends only :V It's out there if you google it though. Makes me wonder if they aren't going to ignore post-ND canon. Which I'm fine with personally. I wouldn't want all of it ignored STORYWISE. Would prefer a modernization of the older gameplay though.

shield

It's Lex. I didn't post proof because he has it set to friends only :V It's out there if you google it though. Makes me wonder if they aren't going to ignore post-ND canon. Which I'm fine with personally. I wouldn't want all of it ignored STORYWISE. Would prefer a modernization of the older gameplay though.

I just checked his wiki and he's done work as both Doctor Doom and Doctor Polaris... what are the chances it could be one of them?

Top Bottom