• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumor)(spoilers) this Possible UC4 Easter Egg oh boy

Spinaround of the
wumpa treasure
from the treasure video the guy posted:

Q73c1Ci.gif

It feels like I've seen that model before, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Someone I showed it to suggested it may be CTR's 'prettied up'?

N.Domixis

Banned
Holy shit another one!? Im expexting more will show up as more people start searching the game. I would not be surprised if there is a vague newspaper or picture hinting at his return.

N.Domixis

Banned
wow just saw that they replaced the strange relic with the strange fruit lol. That means ateast two trophies are crash bandicoot related.

Sponge

Banned
Also, since it looks almost everything there in the level has been remade or created for this, technically that is not Crash 1. So yeah, they need either the rights or the license to use that

Exactly. There was an interview with someone from Naughty Dog that said they wanted to put a Crash game in Uncharted 4 but couldn't because they don't own the IP. That was about 10 months ago, so it's similar to how they said Ellie wouldn't be playable on TLoU. They know exactly what they're doing.

Exactly. There was an interview with someone from Naughty Dog that said they wanted to put a Crash game in Uncharted 4 but couldn't because they don't own the IP. That was about 10 months ago, so it's similar to how they said Ellie wouldn't be playable on TLoU. They know exactly what they're doing.

I still maintain that the Ellie thing was a deliberate lie, but the "We don't own Crash thing" was just him being candid about something they scrapped. I feel like the ability for them to use it was obtained sometime after Straley's interview.

FelipeMGM

If it is possible, it's very difficult. I missed 1 peice of fruit and my high-score was still 300 pts fewer than her.

Trophies still not online right?

If there is a trophy for it, its possible. But there is no confirmation that there is a trophy about this I think

NateDrake

Trophies still not online right?

If there is a trophy for it, its possible. But there is no confirmation that there is a trophy about this I think

Trophies are still offline as far as PSN listing is concerned. I've been trying to beat the score, but I'm not sure if I should focus on time or collecting fruits.

Rated-G

wow just saw that they replaced the strange relic with the strange fruit lol. That means ateast two trophies are crash bandicoot related.

So the Strange Relic isn't in this one? I was looking forward to seeing the model on PS4, it's kind of a staple for these games.

SNURB

So the Strange Relic isn't in this one? I was looking forward to seeing the model on PS4, it's kind of a staple for these games.

Come to think of it, are there any Jak references in UC4? I mean, I find it pretty amazing that this game is filled to the brim with Crash references (TWO PLAYABLE levels at that) whereas Jak never had this much attention in Uncharted and it's a SONY IP whereas Crash is a rights issue.

thenexus6

Just done this part. Wow massive smile on my face. Probably the best easter egg in a game for me.

Lmao I just did the bit where
Sam escapes prision and gives Nate the picture of the cross. It's a print out of a gaf forum page

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Sony will prob say something before that right? E3 is a month away, and the game 4 days away

Just like they said something about Shawn Layden's Crash t-shirt?

I'm sure that if they're pressed, they'll play dumb and act like it's a regular easter egg that Naughty Dog could have done in any one of their games.

Wait. There are two playable levels? Any vids of the second?

Sully: Hold up Nate, there's one of those video game contraptions in this ancient temple
Nathan: Bet ya' can't beat the high score Sully
Sully: You bet your sweet ass I can, watch and learn!

I don't know how it happens twice

Come to think of it, are there any Jak references in UC4? I mean, I find it pretty amazing that this game is filled to the brim with Crash references (TWO PLAYABLE levels at that) whereas Jak never had this much attention in Uncharted and it's a SONY IP whereas Crash is a rights issue.

Jak had his easter egg in tlou

Wonder if they'll release Crash trilogy as the first PS1 classics and add trophy support this year as a stop gap for the new game to be developed.

If they're making a new game, I can't see it being very far in.

Just done this part. Wow massive smile on my face. Probably the best easter egg in a game for me.

Lmao I just did the bit where
Sam escapes prision and gives Nate the picture of the cross. It's a print out of a gaf forum page

Lmao yes! My eyes immediately darted to the "OT" in the image and how similar everything looked.

VertPin

You can trace BruceLeeRoy's teases back super far, especially.

I know he is very credible, and I've seen his posts before (project beast!), however, do you have a link to his posts in regards to crash bandicoot? I absolutely adore the PS1 originals, and would die happy if Sony got the rights back!

wvnative

Anyone know if we can play the crash game at our leisure or do we have to restart the chapter to play it again? Like after Nate finishes playing, can you simply turn the game back on and keep playing until your ready to continue the game?

Top Bottom