• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR - Suikoden VI on psp? (gamefront)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigsaw

Banned
gamefront said:
Plant Konami neues Genso Suikoden?

01.07.08 - UNBESTÄTIGT: Konami könnte vielleicht an einem neuen Genso Suikoden-Teil arbeiten. Das ging aus einer Preisliste eines japanischen Großhändlers hervor, in dem das Rollenspiel vorübergehend auftauchte.

Mittlerweile wurde der Eintrag gelöscht. Sollte die Preisliste korrekt gewesen sein, könnte das Spiel noch in dieser Woche in Japan angekündigt werden.

Konami hat bislang kein neues Genso Suikoden für PSP angekündigt.

-rumor
-konami could work on a new suikoden
-appeared on pricing list of a japanese retailer
-the entry is deleted now
-could be officially announced this week

(did a suikoden search,nothing found,sry if old)

dionysus

Yaldog
Day 1, do want, etc etc. The world is a dull and boring place without Suikoden releases every once in a while.

Durante

I'll take a new Suikoden on whichever platform I can get it, though I'd prefer a console to a handheld. But PSP is not that bad I guess.

Jigsaw said:
-appeared on pricing list of a japanese wholesaler
Small translation fix.

MrDaravon

Durante said:
I'll take a new Suikoden on whichever platform I can get it, though I'd prefer a console to a handheld. But PSP is not that bad I guess.

Ditto. Whatever happened to that rumor it would be on Wii? I'll take Suikoden VI on whatever I can get it on though.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I assume this originated at 2ch. or somewhere similiar- maybe duckroll can confirm/deny.

Galamauth

don't know if want

what are the odds of it being 2D? I guess I'll opt for 3D less we forget what happened to I & II for the psp.

duckroll

schuelma said:
I assume this originated at 2ch. or somewhere similiar- maybe duckroll can confirm/deny.

Yes, it's from 2ch. I don't see anything about a retailer listing, just some guy saying earlier today that "It will be announced tomorrow! PSP! New game!" or something. Huge grains of salt required.

Hopefully this is just another spin off or something. The fact that Konami doesn't want to foot the bill for a ps3/360/wii for a main iteration of the Suikoden franchise makes me sorta sad.

Durante

SailorDaravon said:
Ditto. Whatever happened to that rumor it would be on Wii?
Debunked. (the rumour was -- that doesn't mean that there is no chance of it showing up on Wii of course)

dionysus said:
Also, who cares if its on a handheld. Suikoden always had shit graphics anyway.
Eh, I think the art for most of the games is beautiful, and in V even the in-game graphics were quite nice, especially the characters.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
duckroll said:
Yes, it's from 2ch. I don't see anything about a retailer listing, just some guy saying earlier today that "It will be announced tomorrow! PSP! New game!" or something. Huge grains of salt required.

thanks

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Smells like a Wii/PSP port to me!

I loved 1-3. I missed out on 4/5 though, mainly because I heard 4 was poor and 5 just came out too soon afterwards/too late in the gen for me.

I also bought S. Tactics for $9.99 new, but haven't opened it.

tehbear

I'll begrudgingly accept it if it ends up like 1-3. Accept it like the console opportunity lost it will be.

But hopefully it isn't like 5. Suikoden definitely took a huge dive, and the tactics game was trash too, despite the fact the whole Suikoden concept screams SRPG.

Xelinis

tehbear said:
I'll begrudgingly accept it if it ends up like 1-3. Accept it like the console opportunity lost it will be.

But hopefully it isn't like 4. Suikoden definitely took a huge dive, and the tactics game was trash too, despite the fact the whole Suikoden concept screams SRPG.

Fixed.

X360/PS3 or bust!

I don't want to see my favorite RPG franchise on a handheld, goddammit. The sales will be terrible as everyone will just fucking pirate it. :<

If true, I guess they decided to test the waters, then said "What the hell, let's do it anyway."
374+-+Gensou+Suikoden+I+%2B+II+-+PSP

androvsky

BlockBastard said:
use the MGS4 engine use the MGS4 engine use the MGS4 engine

lol right

With our luck, it'll use the Rock Revolution engine. "Bang the drums of war! Cry out your commands!"

EDIT: On second thought, a Patapon-esque game for people with console drum kits and mics could be popular...

Durante

tehbear said:
But hopefully it isn't like 5. Suikoden definitely took a huge dive
I hope this is a typo. Suikoden 5 was one of the best JRPGs of the last generation. You can even argue that it's the best in the series, though 2 is a strong contender.

Gallagher

Banned
Jigsaw said:
-rumor
-konami could work on a new suikoden
-appeared on pricing list of a japanese retailer
-the entry is deleted now
-could be officially announced this week

(did a suikoden search,nothing found,sry if old)

Please... this can`t be true x--x

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
TheKingsCrown said:
Wasn't Suikoden VI already announced for Wii or something?

if it's on psp, that would pretty much guarantee a wii version down the road -- as with ps3 and 360, the hardware is too similar not to do a port

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If true, great choice Konami.

drohne said:
if it's on psp, that would pretty much guarantee a wii version down the road -- as with ps3 and 360, the hardware is too similar not to do a port

I dunno, PSP to Wii ports, that's not really the case with Japanese developers, is it?

Abel

It would be nice to have Suikoden VI on a console, but it being on PSP could be like Suikoden VI a'la Suikoden II which would be amazing!

Can't wait to see if this is true either way :D

P.S. Suikoden V is awesome ;)

lyre

Abel said:
It would be nice to have Suikoden VI on a console, but it being on PSP could be like Suikoden VI a'la Suikoden II which would be amazing!
Knowing our luck, it'll probably be Gensou Suikodogz.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Y2Kev said:
S6 has been rumored now on every platform except 360 I think.
Seriously.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I'm surprised you guys are so console centered around this title. I think RPGs and SRPGs are perfect for portables.

B.K.

Tonight should be an interesting news night. At least we won't have to wait long to see if it's true or a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom