• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Super Smash Bros Switch images leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I used to like bitblock I had no idea josh was such a tyrant. Will definitely not be supporting or watching in the future.

I like his content. I don't care that much about his ideas. Same thing goes to musicians. Lots of them I don't like what they say or what they think, but I like the music they make,so I buy their albums. We should stop being so radical and be a bit more tolerant with those with opposite ideas.

I like his content. I don't care that much about his ideas. Same thing goes to musicians. Lots of them I don't like what they say or what they think, but I like the music they make,so I buy their albums. We should stop being so radical and be a bit more tolerant with those with opposite ideas.

Josh Thomas isn't writing music, he's not an author, and he's not an actor. He's a YouTuber. His personality is a big part of the business. His attitude and personal views are pretty important and difficult to separate because of that.

Ms.Galaxy

Sad this seems like it was a hoax by Josh Thomas. I was hoping to see or hear something about the rumored Smash 4 Switch port since it's gone quiet for awhile.

Ahh hell no! White Supremacy does not deserve respect or tolerance. People who believe in it deserve to be punished for enforcing an ideology that harms millions of innocent people to this day.

We should stop being so radical and be a bit more tolerant with those with opposite ideas.

I dunno man, maybe he should do that first. (This is from Cloud being in Smash)

ORUecCJ.png

Neiteio

C70CYHIW4AEakr8.jpg

josh2.png

tumblr_o2914gmngy1refye5o1_1280.png

Screenshot_2017-03-23_at_4.19.42_PM.png

Screenshot_2017-03-23_at_4.19.05_PM.png

Josh_Charles.png

josh.png

joshidiot9.png

CTM1bWYUAAAwNDL.png:large

tumblr_o2914gmngy1refye5o3_1280.png

4AO90uC.png

block2.jpg

Note that it's too small to see in the image, but that last one quoted an email from Nintendo PR, with her full name, which he then called her out via her Twitter handle.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg from what I've seen, unfortunately. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how he acts outside of his show.

Josh Thomas is just a piece of shit. Straight up. I rarely speak negatively of anyone or anything, but I'm mortified by the way he treats people.

And I just don't understand it. He has so many blessings in life, but he uses them to bully and degrade others. Not unlike Trump, another narcissist and two-bit bully.

What a terrible way to be remembered. I'm glad Andre at GameXplain dropped this guy.

Neiteio

Like an official disconnect, or what?
My understanding is Josh Thomas' rhetoric on immigration was a bridge too far for Andre, so he no longer invites Josh on the show.

I love GameXplain, so I really hope they don't feature Josh anymore. Andre himself is a good guy (judging from his Twitter, which seems sympathetic to progressive causes such as inclusivity), so I imagine he didn't know about a lot of this stuff in the past.

Or at least, I hope he didn't know.

J@hranimo

Banned
So where is the proof TheBitBlock created these images as hoaxes or is it speculation? I'm not fond of the guy either but I see a bunch of talk with no proof and I need to see these receipts.

Also this thread should be closed soon.

Oh MY. So it is fake and made up by an internet guy (I have never heard of but I am a 40 years old french person :) and who seems to have some noxious ideas ? I don't really mind fake leaks (part of the fun in a way) but I am a bit depressed by this trend of internet/geeky guys with noxious ideas :-(

Metal B

Don't do this. We should not be tolerant to people, who support racism and hate speech. There is a difference between having radical ideas and immoral views. Hatting the inclusion of a character in Smash and being really edgy about it, can be toleranted. Want to take away rights from minorities is not.
Supporting somebody's​ work is also giving them resources and a platform to spread there views, you maybe can separate the work from the artist, but not the money and influence the artist get from his work.

Neiteio

I wonder why RogersBase continues to hang out with Josh Thomas. Is Roger not aware that Josh is a horrible bully who degrades people on things like their body, gender, and race? Does he not understand the optics of giving time to a person who uses their time to hurt others?

So where is the proof TheBitBlock created these images as hoaxes or is it speculation? I'm not fond of the guy either but I see a bunch of talk with no proof and I need to see these receipts.

All I heard is that current gossip is Josh Thomas is currently angry at something he had wanted a secret.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Pikachu barely counts, and you're sidestepping most of what I said and being a bit obtuse.

People don't want elemental weakness in the game, they want one of each of what are arguably the most iconic types in Pokémon playable. It's not hard to see why. Starters are the first Pokémon many people get to own, so it's REALLY not difficult to understand this sentiment.

Pikachu should count, has been a starter in a mainline and is considered a player character in many games.

I get the insistence on wanting a grass, but like I said, it feels more like a need to "complete the set" than something substantial.

The only thing that I know is that if Nintendo announces Smash at E3, and it is going to be released before the end of the year....they are going to have a SERIOUS problem to satisfy the demand if they don't do something fast. Smash and Monster Hunter XX will boost the demand like a rocket!

Pikachu should count, has been a starter in a mainline and is considered a player character in many games.

I get the insistence on wanting a grass, but like I said, it feels more like a need to "complete the set" than something substantial.

Okay, well let's say Pikachu counts. Then only three of four starter archetypes are represented. And I disagree that a complete set of starters is unsubstantial. I agree that past requests (like Sceptile) were a bit ham fisted, but Decidueye is a golden opportunity to fill the totally legitimate niche with a great Pokémon.

Also Josh isn't even that talented. His shit all looks slightly off. Most impressive thing was the AC one and even still it wasn't that great.

J@hranimo

Banned
All I heard is that current gossip is Josh Thomas is currently angry at something he had wanted a secret.

Oh ok. that's enough for me to believe. Thanks.

I wonder why RogersBase continues to hang out with Josh Thomas. Is Roger not aware that Josh is a horrible bully who degrades people on things like their body, gender, and race? Does he not understand the optics of giving time to a person who uses their time to hurt others?

I wonder this too. I know they're both from Chicago so they could have either been friends before youtube or before both got big. Roger seems to be a nice enough person (even though I'm aware of the thing he pulled on GAF, which is still pretty funny to me lol) but maybe he tries to separate his terrible views from the content? Idk

Neiteio

I wonder this too. I know they're both from Chicago so they could have either been friends before youtube or before both got big. Roger seems to be a nice enough person (even though I'm aware of the thing he pulled on GAF, which is still pretty funny to me lol) but maybe he tries to separate his terrible views from the content? Idk
What stunt did Roger pull on GAF?

doop_

Banned
Josh could be such an amazing person if he just dropped his racist nonsense. I am also leaning towards the fact that it was RogersBase who let it slip that it was fake (If it was Josh Thomas at all)

first page is smash bros images, last page is nazi twitter discussion? i am confused by this thread.

Smash leaks real or fake? --> GameXplain makes video, later confirms fake, other site confirms fake --> Speculation it is Josh Thomas --> secondhand confirmation that it's probably Josh Thomas --> 4 pages devoted to shitting on Josh Thomas.

Yeah I should be more tolerant to those who basically consider me to be sub-human.

Neiteio

Josh could be such an amazing person if he just dropped his racist nonsense. I am also leaning towards the fact that it was RogersBase who let it slip that it was fake (If it was Josh Thomas at all)
Josh Thomas could be an amazing person if he wasn't racist, sexist, degrading people's bodies, and putting people down, period.

Why he has to be an asshole to everyone is something I'm not sure we'll ever understand.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367722

I think there might have been a thread before that but I can't remember currently.
Ah, Roger's Layton stunt? Skimming it, it seems pretty harmless. Cute, even.

Now if only he would stop promoting a bully like Josh.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Okay, well let's say Pikachu counts. Then only three of four starter archetypes are represented. And I disagree that a complete set of starters is unsubstantial. I agree that past requests (like Sceptile) were a bit ham fisted, but Decidueye is a golden opportunity to fill the totally legitimate niche with a great Pokémon.

Eh I disagree, Decidueye is no more special than Sceptile. New perhaps, but other than that, he is as ham-fisted as Sceptile.

Eh I disagree, Decidueye is no more special than Sceptile. New perhaps, but other than that, he is as ham-fisted as Sceptile.

I think this has become "opinions: the argument" now, but Decidueye is a much better candidate for a Smash character than Sceptile. Zoner, Ghost, interesting visual design. Probably the best Grass starter ever (imo obviously). Just has much more personality and flair to its whole design than Sceptile.

In any case, I believe it's the best candidate for a Grass starter. It's decently popular and it has the added bonus of relevancy to the current Pokémon generation.

J@hranimo

Banned
I think this has become "opinions: the argument" now, but Decidueye is a much better candidate for a Smash character than Sceptile. Zoner, Ghost, interesting visual design. Probably the best Grass starter ever (imo obviously). Just has much more personality and flair to its whole design than Sceptile.

In any case, I believe it's the best candidate for a Grass starter. It's decently popular and it has the added bonus of relevancy to the current Pokémon generation.

Yeah as a Sceptile fan, I agree with most of these points (except being better, Decidueye is just too damn slow =/ ) but I'd love to see his inclusion in a Smash game. Sceptile got his fill in Pokken so it's good to spread the love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom