• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Super Street Fighter V is happening; free update for existing owners

Tizoc

Please take this with a grain of salt

I did a search and didn't find any thread for this btw :X

Note first off that free updates were a part of Capcom's plans with SF5. Now that SF5 is getting an arcade ver. release in coming months, it could go in line with having a Super ver.

The rumors come from here
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/6eqnpt/because_incompetence_has_consequences_heres_mvci/

With that one down, here are the SFV leaks! Season 2's remaining characters are Abigail, Menat, and Zeku.

A second cinematic story mode is happening. The base roster plus the Season 1 characters were prologues for the general cinematic story mode. Season 2 character's story modes for Akuma, Ed, and Kolin, which all take place after A Shadow Falls are prologues for the second cinematic story mode.

Abigail is the Hugo family pallete swap from Final Fight 1, Menat appears in Ed's Prequel story in SF5 and Zeku is Guy's master.

The first part regarding Season 2 is somewhat backed by some recent datamining from a few weeks ago. So that makes it at least 51% true.

Ready for the biggest of bombshells? Super Street Fighter V is happening.
But it'll be a free update.
It won't make the base game useless either. It's really nothing more than an update. A glorified one, but an expansion none the less.

But what does SSFV contain? Lets run that down, shall we?
It adds:
Arcade Mode
Extra Battle
Some kind of PvE mode against the Illuminati
Some expanding on the existing mechanics
New Critical Arts
But it doesn't end there. SSFV brings with it a UI overhaul, and maybe more than that too.
You're probably curious of the characters too, huh? Those 6 will be Sagat, Sakura, Oro, C. Viper, Q, and Necro.

Those 6 returning characters are....interesting. Sagat is overdue and it's cool to get a few more SF3 characters if that is the case.

Again take this with a grain of salt, as we won't know what's even in Season 3 until PSX '17 later this year at the earliest.

Hyun Sai

What is happening to those owning the disc version ? No free update for them ? I can't believe this to be true...

Blueblur1

Someone finally made a thread. Dunno if it helps but most of us over in the SFV OT didn't feel strong enough about these rumors to make a thread.

Tizoc

Had to wait till SSFV to get arcade mode lol.

It takes them 2 years to add in a mode they could've added in 2 weeks :V

Honestly if the Season 3 roster is indeed true
GET HYPE FOR THE RETURN OF THE SNOT BALL
S N O T B A L L BOIS!

I bailed out and sold my copy early on but have been feeling the itch to start playing it again. I'd definitely pick this up if it's going to be it's own retail release.

Zalman

I've been expecting this for a while. If they want to revitalize the game, this is easily their best bet.

Getting Sakura would be AWESOME.

But after feeling gipped as fuck from buying 2 season passes, I'm not paying a single dime. Good thing I can get those characters for free with FM.

Tain

It makes all the sense in the world that they would do a big expansion to coincide with the Nesica release.

I mean, that the Egyptian seer in Ed's story mode is a character is pretty much a given. But why include Abigail and Zeku just to ... not have Hugo and Guy in the game? I would think new characters would actually be new, not just reskins.

notworksafe

Didn't they scream this would never happen? :p

i take pleasure in hating SFV as much as anyone but technically they just said you'd only ever need one disc, not that there would never be an updated version or more content.

Capcom's Matt Dahlgren talked at length about DLC for the game and how it will be delivered.

"We have paid attention to the way that we've managed things with Street Fighter IV, and we will be mixing things up this time around," he explained. "This is the only disc you're ever going to need to own to get all of the content in the game, but we'll be revealing details of how our post-launch content happens at a later date, but it will be good news."

I-hate-u

Wait so those 6 returning characters are free or part of the season pass?

I don't believe it if it's the former.

Ryce

Riku has a history of piggybacking on credible leaks, so take everything he says with a massive grain of salt. The Abgail/Menat/Zeku leak originated from an EventHubs commenter way back in October.

For what it's worth, a few months ago he said that MvCI would be re-revealed at E3, which he was wrong about -- there was a big press tour in April. He also said that Leon, Captain Commando, Venom, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, and Songbird would be in MvCI, and as soon as the actual roster leaked he backpedaled and said all of those characters would be DLC. I personally don't think he knows anything.

Shadic7700

Shit shouldn't have bought Ed with the possibility of Q maybe arcade mode will give decent FM....pls be the case
Also the Illuminati thing sounds interesting

Qwyjibo

This might actually get me interested in SFV again. Maybe.

I still feel like a chump for buying it at release. My biggest gaming purchase regret so far (1st world problems, I know...)

mollipen

Mostly zero problem if this happens. It'll give Capcom a new version of the game to put on shelves to say to people "hey, we're sorry, here's a better version to buy," it'll shut up the arcade mode whiners, and I don't get left behind. Also, if that roster was true, I get another year with barely any more SF2 garbage added to the roster, so I'm happy.

Not sure I like the changes to gameplay and/or new supers though. I like the "purity" of the current game. I know some think it's "shallow" though, so I think mine is a losing battle.

Burn Capcom down if Sakura doesn't have a new outfit though.

Jebusman

Banned
As much as I'd love this to be real (if only for Q), and I have to imagine Capcom wants to attempt a relaunch of the game, if only for PR purposes, I just can't see it happening.

Isn't this that same leaker who lied about MvCi leaks and now saying all those characters are dlc?
Plus didn't somebody on Eventhubs leak the new characters of SFV already?
Edit: Ryce already explained it

Top Bottom