• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Syphon Filter 4 & God Of War 4 Set To Be Announced In Febuary

Stop treating bend like crap Sony, enough with handhelds, I hope to god Slant Six isn't making the new SF or I'll cry :(

Well better them than the other rumored team to be working on it *shutters*

I really hope Sony announces a SF for PS3 soon and hopefully by Bend!

Endo Punk

Well better them than the other rumored team to be working on it *shutters*

I really hope Sony announces a SF for PS3 soon and hopefully by Bend!

But Bend studio has been working on Uncharted:GA the past year, I doubt they were also doing SF4 simultaneously unless they're a big studio, which I don't think they are.

paskowitz

Well, isn't Uncharted PS3's big 3rd person shooter? If you had said "stealth", I'd fully agree.

This gen needs more stealth, and Sony happens to have a decent franchise to deliver it.

That is what I meant to say.

In fact the entire stealth genre has gone downhill. The early Splinter Cells, MGS3, Thief, etc... what happened? Were sales bad? Or does COD really have that large of a gravitational pull?

Mengetsu

More GOW4 confirmation?

If you have any worries about whether Santa Monica studios are currently working on the next installment in the God of War series or not, put your worries to rest. God of War 4 and a new Medal of Honor game are coming in the near future. How do I know? Look below.

This is from David Thornfield’s linkedin profile who is a mo-cap animator at House of Moves. He is Creating ‘high Quality animations using Motion Builder editing motion capture data for both in-game and cinematic animation’ for God of War 4, the next Medal of Honor and WWE 13 since November 2011.

The only question is: when will Sony officially announce the game? Every major God of War game get released in March, so I would say, maybe next month GOW4 will be officially announced. If not, at this year’s E3

Source: http://www.vgarabia.com/2012/02/14...edal-of-honor-confirmed-by-a-mo-cap-animator/

rdrr gnr

Ugh, damn. A small part of me was still hoping that this game was just rumors. Now it just seems like an inevitable reality. Who knows... maybe this title will be radically different with a new mythology -- I wouldn't count on it, however. At this point, I'd like for them to hold off the announcement until E3.

Gawny

Neo Member
God of War related?

From PlayStation's facebook:

d45bc44065041de4592258d579a583e33395eef2.jpg

Gawny

Neo Member
The URL of the image on that page:

p_full_proxy.php?app=23744633048&v=1&size=o&cksum=b300ec96979e21de6ad8f94b2dc50247&src=http%3A%2F%2Fwebassets.scea.com%2Fpscomauth%2Fgroups%2Fpublic%2Fdocuments%2Fwebasset%2Ffbml%2Fgowa_fb%2F1.png

Yeah, I saw it when I downloaded the images but don't know if its something of facebook or of the image.

So obvious gowa = God of War Announcement than I'm sceptical

Top Bottom