• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Take with a bit of salt but KH3 is set for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link.

KH3 rumor today: Trailer originally was set for April, now E3. Team having development issues. Game out in 2018 with cuts (no more delays).

I was wondering all day what this was about. Apparently from a reliable source. I heard similar things to this report as well.

Lock if old.

ffvorax

Holydays 2018 seems realistic to me, but with cut would be a huge lol... why nomura directed games take so long and also have cuts? :\

I don't understand what is taking them so long. Technical issues? Budget constraints? Licensing issues? General incompetence?

Kingdom Hearts 3 should have been out in 2015 at the latest

Vashetti

Banned
If true, I'm assuming this is going to be a FFXV-style situation where lots of stuff is patched in later

:|

DKHF

I'm quite sceptical of Jose's (the original source) detailed KH3 rumours but regardless aren't threads based on Twitter rumours not allowed?

Edit: It's also been pointed out by some Spanish speakers he doesn't say the game will definitely be unfinished/have cuts releasing in 2018, it just might have.

LAA

I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad with this news.
2018 was seeming realistic for KH3, but the sound of cuts and development trouble scares me, thought it was going well with them putting out announcements of news upcoming.

Squire

Banned
Who is this random Twitter that we are sourcing here?

He used to work for Kagari's site, Nova Crystallis. I actually hadn't realized he'd left until now.

There could be some truth to this. Especially considering FFXV sold just fine with cuts.

Team having development issues. Game out in 2018 with cuts (no more delays).

NB24zXK.jpg

epicnemesis

I think I have a preorder locked in on amazon for 40 bucks from back in the day. Still no real interest in it since I haven't played the first 2 (nor any of the crazily numbered sequels).

He used to work for Kagari's site, Nova Crystallis. I actually hadn't realized he'd left until now.

There could be some truth to this. Especially considering FFXV sold just fine with cuts.

This is VERY worrying. Someone needs to question what is going on at Square. A big game like KH3 should not be having so many problems then they need to make cuts to get it out. I don't want any cuts. Just delay it to end of 2019. But what's wrong with Squares development on FF and KH?

Nothing too surprising here. Square is not gonna let them sit on KH3 until 2019. It'll get pushed out next year. Unlike FFXV, KH3 is composed of a bunch of self-contained Disney Worlds. If they need to get the game out I wouldn't be too bothered if they cut one of those. I don't see them relegating the major story developments to random notes on the ground like in XV.

Aw man, please be good. I'd rather the game be delayed than be stuck with a FFXV situation. Hope the cuts are not significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom