• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Team Fortress characters playable in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed PC

TimmiT

Supposedly the Spanish Sonic fansite went through the files of an early copy of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (I can confirm that copies of the game are being sold early as I got it myself today), and among the files was a folder with textures for the Team Fortress 2 characters Pyro, Spy and Heavy:
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_heavyboat_parts_spec.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_heavyboat_parts_norm.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_cp_green_diff.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_heavyboat_parts_diff.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_litsphere-chrome_diff.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_heavyboat_diff.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_heavyboat_spec.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_pyrocar_spec.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_wheel_norm.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_wheel_spec.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_wheel_diff.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_pyrocar_diff.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_cp_orange_diff.tga.texture
ssets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_spyplane_spec.tga.texture
assets/default/characters/teamfortress/sourceimages/tf2_spyplane_diff.tga.texture
http://www.sonicparadise.net/2012/11/hackeados-los-datos-de-sonic-all-stars.html

They're not playable in the Xbox 360 version, so it looks like they'll be exclusive to the PC version of the game. They also found out that
Segata Sanshiro makes a cameo(s?) in the game
and that the final unlockable character is
called Segabot.
Also files for Alex Kidd (who isn't playable), Football Manager and Shogun: Total War were found.

There is currently no release date for the PC version, so hopefully it won't be like with Renegade Ops and Sonic CD where SEGA where there is a lot of confusion about when it will actually get released. This also wouldn't be the first time that a Valve character is playable in a SEGA game, as Gordon Freeman was playable in the PC version of Renegade Ops: http://store.steampowered.com/app/99300/

Here is a trailer for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed for those who don't know what it's like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tjeDF-_nPE

Takao

Banned
So the only platforms that won't get some form of exclusive content are the Sony ones. Hirai am crai.

Hat promo tie-in code.

sonichat530.jpg

Now that we have the obligatory hat joke out of the way:

Why spy? Heavy is a no-brainer though, he's in everything.

Brofield

I...honestly don't know what to make of this. Am I to be this incredibly surprised? This seem so out of left field...

Sentenza

I know that's not what the topic is about but I have to ask... Is this game any good?
I never heard of it before and I have a vague memory of someone talking poorly of what I think was the previous title in this series.

B-Dex

So Pyro is in the car, Heavy is in the Boat, and when you turn into a plane you become the Spy. Pretty awesome exclusive if it pans out.

TimmiT

So, steamworks I presume?

SEGA's PC games have always been Steamworks in the past few years, so yes.

I know that's not what the topic is about but I have to ask... Is this game any good?
I never heard of it before and I have a vague memory of someone talking poorly of what I think was the previous title in this series.
The previous title of the game was pretty good, though I do think this sequel is a lot better.

sn00zer

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK yeah!
loved the first, one of those games with great mechanics in unpolished wrapping paper

The first game was a shitty port on PC (at least with AMD hardware).

I'm sorry Sega but I won't buy this for more than $10.

Zomba13

Hat promo tie-in code.

Now that we have the obligatory hat joke out of the way:

Why spy? Heavy is a no-brainer though, he's in everything.

If we don't get Sonic TF2 items and this ends up being true I will be very mad and/or cry myself to sleep.

If true I'll get the PC version (if it has online multi this time around). If not I'll get the WiiU one.

PaulLFC

What could the Football Manager stuff be? It has no characters to speak of, unless it's a football car or something.

Piers

As long as we get the announcement "MISSION BEGINS IN 3, 2, 1..." at the start of the race.

Edit: I'm going to assume that the 'all-star' move will predictably be the Medic uber-charging the current member.
It's also a nice touch that they borrow a class from each role - i.e., attack (pyro), defend (heavy) and support (spy), assuming this does turn out to be true.

1-D_FTW

The first game was a shitty port on PC (at least with AMD hardware).

I'm sorry Sega but I won't buy this for more than $10.

Maybe it was. But from a graphical POV, if you had an Nvidia/Intel combo, you could run 1080P 3D @ 60fps with not much more than a calculator for a GPU/CPU combo.

Top Bottom