• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Team Ico Collection - It's coming on Blu-Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Not posted yet? WTF GAF?

That Team Ico bundle that sneaked its way onto the internet? It’s real, TheSixthAxis has been told this morning, and it’s due Q1 2011.

We don’t currently have much other details that we can spill, and for obvious reasons we’re branding this a rumour, but our source not only confirmed that Ico and Shadow of the Colossus will be heading our way on a Blu-ray disk for the PS3, but also that we won’t see the double pack until the beginning of next year.

Sony declined to comment on the date and details when we asked them.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/05/26/team-ico-collection-q1-2011/

Tagged as rumor, but seems it's coming for real.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Is it just me or are rumors completely useless? LOL I HEARD THIS DURR...

If it's real, I'll re-buy if they are enhanced in any way... just because these games are epic.

Donos

Sony does indeed like money.

Was overhyped for SoC and i was a little dissapointed with but still a lovely lovely game. Never tried Ico.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Not re-releasing them would be a sin, so if they don't they'll spend eternity in a special circle in hell. Either way I'm satisfied. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
!

Diebuster said:
Already own both, but it's Team Ico so I'll happily buy a bundle. Day 1!

This.

Yoboman said:
Very excite for this SotC will look amazing in HD. Hopefully they beef up the textures a bit

Can't imagine the assets being touched up. It's likely the game will simply be ported with an internal resolution increase and some AA, a la GoWC. Regardless, the hi-res ICO and SotC screenshots in the PS2 emulator thread look amazing. The issue with PS2 games is image quality moreso than the actual assets.

Yazuka

Guess I'll be getting that collection then. Never played any of the games.
Just hoping we'll get a few more collections in the future...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Yoboman said:
Very excite for this SotC will look amazing in HD. Hopefully they beef up the textures a bit

And the frame rate! Solid 30fps! If not 60fps wtf!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
JaseC said:
Can't imagine the assets being touched up. It's likely the game will simply be ported with an internal resolution increase and some AA, a la GoWC.
Just a framerate increase is all that matters. Would be godly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BocoDragon said:
Just a framerate increase is all that matters. Would be godly.

Indeed. 60fps SotC in particular.

TTP said:
And the frame rate! Solid 30fps! If not 60fps wtf!

I've been wondering if they'll bump the framerate up to 60fps considering the game would've been developed with 30fps in mind. If the resources are there, I'd love to see the games released at 60fps. If Bluepoint can hit it with GoW and GoW2, I can't imagine the task being impossible with ICO and SotC.

Edit: I wonder if there'll be a bundle with The Last Guardian? I may wait and see if SCEA/E announce anything closer to TLG's release date.

Yoboman

JaseC said:
!

This.

Can't imagine the assets being touched up. It's likely the game will simply be ported with an internal resolution increase and some AA, a la GoWC. Regardless, the hi-res ICO and SotC screenshots in the PS2 emulator thread look amazing. The issue with PS2 games is image quality moreso than the actual assets.
Nah ICO definitely needs a texture upgrade, even if its just some sort of basic filtering. The game was originally designed for PS1 and actually put in a lower resolution than the PS2 standard to get the look they were going for. I'm not sure HD will do ICO any favours without some touching up

The Last Guardian next year suits me fine, between March and July would be good. The good thing about Uedas games is that they don't have mass appeal but do have a substantial hardcore following, meaning you can put them anywhere else and they'd sell. Putting a game like this in the Xmas rush would be total suicide.

Sony still have GT5 (The biggest franchise on PS3), Resistance 3 (likely), Motorstorm 3 (likely), LittleBigPlanet 2, Playstation Move and its games and SOCOM 4 for the end of the year. Thats still a massively substantial end of year window for them.

KZObsessed

YESSS!

Two of my favorite games ever. I really doubt they'd get SotC running at 60fps, 30 is more likely, which would be absolutely fine for me.

Randy

JaseC said:
Indeed. 60fps SotC in particular.

It would kill the awesome slowmo jumps like when you perform a jump from the bridge to the Colossus' head.

Anyway...
Instant buy.

Nessus

I would buy this in a heartbeat, especially if the framerate is locked.

I've been somewhat casually trying to find both Ico and SOTC in EB every time I'm in, to see if they have any used copies, but no luck.

Sporty

Neo Member
I hope this is true.

I loved Ico but missed out on playing SotC due to getting sucked into FFXI for nearly 2 years straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom