• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Team Ico Collection - It's coming on Blu-Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadotsu

Banned
02ad88e6849c975846ec34566247c5a80d4.jpg

GeoramA

Haunted said:
Ridiculous how well God of War 2 holds up in HD compared to modern releases. I'm sure SotC will produce equally nice results.
The PS3 version of GoWII had me saying "wow" and "holy shit" more times than most of the current-gen games I've played.

Schrade

I got this survey as well. Going to browse the threads to see what everyone is interested in and will add them in. (You can add as many as you like)

bridegur

nincompoop said:
There's no way in hell I would play this if Sony doesn't let you disable trophy notifications.

I agree completely. I don't understand why you can't turn them off for every game.

Irish

kadotsu said:
Ico PS3 Image

NO! That part can go to hell. That bitch refused to get up on that crate and come to me when I called her. Fuck that!

(I explored every other part of that area without her before Yorda finally decided she was ready to get out of there.)

Irish said:
NO! That part can go to hell. That bitch refused to get up on that crate and come to me when I called her. Fuck that!

(I explored every other part of that area without her before Yorda finally decided she was ready to get out of there.)
Same thing happened to me when I replayed Ico last week. That game has some serious pathfinding issues.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, as I suspected, the shadow monsters from ico don't look quite as shadowy in the emulator. Some softness from them is missing, bit it's not a big difference. Fog missing is a huge drawback though, it changes the whole ambiance of the game for the worse.

bridegur

Those videos look amazing. Just please, please, please, no trophy notifications. They're distracting enough in games with crappy atmosphere, I can't imagine how lame they'd be in these games.

bridegur said:
Those videos look amazing. Just please, please, please, no trophy notifications. They're distracting enough in games with crappy atmosphere, I can't imagine how lame they'd be in these games.

yeah.

just hand out the necessary 10 gold trophies or whatever after the credits have rolled. who would complain? i wouldn't. and do something artistic with it, like have each trophy represent one word, like this; first trophy pops up and says "thanks...", then second one "for...", third one "playing..." etc. i'd love that lol.

Empty

SOTC looks fantastic in high res and with an improved framerate, really very nice. Also that video made me feel stupid because in the many times i've played that game i always struggled up the first colossus' club and then arm; it never occurred to me to try the much easier route shown in that video.

bridegur said:

the worst thing would be if they were to give you a trophy every time you killed a colossus.

Moobabe

Empty said:
the worst thing would be if they were to give you a trophy every time you killed a colossus.

That's what it will be. It might not be too bad though - there's that loading screen after you kill each colossus before you're taken back to the temple which could have the notification on it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Empty said:
I don't think this is something Ueda would ever approve. I really like the idea of ten gold trophies delivered as a thank you note after games credits roll out btw.

I've never played SOTC. I keep an eye out for it in the used PS2 games whenever I'm in a gaming store with no success to date. Unsurprising really, I wouldn't sell it either! If the rumour is true therefore this is an insta buy. :D

element

As great as the emulated screencaps look, I'd hope they would tweak some of the original assets to take advantage of the hardware. Especially the HUD and on-screen text.

zewone

element said:
As great as the emulated screencaps look, I'd hope they would tweak some of the original assets to take advantage of the hardware. Especially the HUD and on-screen text.
They did update the HUD and on-screen text for GOW Collection, so I'd expect the same if this ever comes to fruition.

zewone

jett said:
Forget Digital Foundry, look at this video:

Fifth Colossus in 1080p

They didn't do anything, it's even stretched. :p
Oh, well, that's what the link says *shrug*:

"We were also intrigued by the approach that the conversion team took. Rather than attempt to run the game under emulation, Sony Santa Monica's original C code was essentially ported over to create the new PS3 versions. In our feature we compared the PS3 versions with the source PS2 titles, running not just on the original hardware but also on the PC via the open source PCSX2 emulator.

The result? The PC emulation turned out to be very, very close indeed to the HD remixes, proving that the conversion team had replaced no original in-game art, aside from the on-screen text and button graphics. "

element

zewone said:
They did update the HUD and on-screen text for GOW Collection, so I'd expect the same if this ever comes to fruition.
they didn't update anything in terms of on-screen art. It is aliased and fat. Look at this. It is freaking huge for a UI element. Not to mention that should be a circle.

4081571365_89bf254d72_o.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
jett said:

Fifth Colossus in 1080p
Amazing. But I think the bloom strength is almost for sure messed up in that video. When it's supposed to be bright, things look super-bright to the point of being washed out there. This kind of details and effects is where I hope the PS3 release devs would pay a special attention to.

element said:
they didn't update anything in terms of on-screen art. It is aliased and fat. Look at this. It is freaking huge for a UI element. Not to mention that should be a circle.
That picture shows that they did redraw at least some UI elements. You can see the native 720p resolution of the red circle bottom left. Also that blade's outer edge at least looks sharper than something would when stretched from 480p.

Danielsan

jett said:

Fifth Colossus in 1080p

They didn't do anything, it's even stretched. :p
5th colossus <3 :D

Some things I want in the collection that shouldn't be too difficult to implement:

All trophies hidden and given after the credits.
An option to toggle the HUD off in SotC.
The ability to take 720p screen grabs (primary reason for the HUD toggle).

goddamn. absolutely massive goosebumps watching that video :O

it was my favorite moment in the game, and possibly in any PS2 game... i fucking loved that Colossus. so eerie and wonderful... it's just sitting there, a magnificent beast, stunningly animated... and the music oh man, just wow. i still cannot believe i actually played that on a PS2.

give me Ico/SotC HD remakes NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom