• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Team Ico Collection - It's coming on Blu-Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
StuBurns said:
The light saber really isn't that big of a deal, nor is the melon cutscene. The English translation of Yorda and the other woman is a bigger thing I would think.
To you maybe, I'd rather have the light saber and wacky melon scene (if only for the nostalgia about reading about them back in the day, and coveting them). You can look up the dialogue online anyway.

Truespeed

On Blu-ray? As opposed to what? Chinese Red-ray? Anyway, this is just one of the many announcements that are going to be made at TGS. The Ico sequel will figure prominently at the Sony show I believe.

Alucrid

Banned
StuBurns said:
The light saber really isn't that big of a deal, nor is the melon cutscene. The English translation of Yorda and the other woman is a bigger thing I would think.

Personally I like not knowing what they said. It made the game and the scenes feel more immersive.

StuBurns

Banned
Alucrid said:
Personally I like not knowing what they said. It made the game and the scenes feel more immersive.
And you would never need to know. It's just an option, like the light saber and melon scene.

soldat7

RTS83 said:
An HD remake would be my first experience with both games.

Be jealous of the amazement that awaits me.

They are two of the greatest games ever made. You have much to look forward to.

Alucrid said:

Ueda games are made to feel alien, foreign, and otherworldly. They are that way be design and they are better for it.

epmode

Lard said:
Man, you love repeating yourself.

Speaking as someone with a copy of Ico and SOTC and a BC PS3, I'm going to buy the hell out of the collection. (but yeah, dropping BC is *really* shady)

I only wish Microsoft would do the same. I'd kill for a PC/360 port of Rallisport Challenge 2.

plasmasd

Lard said:
I'm tired of graphic whorism ruining gaming.

Running in a higher resolution isn't graphics whoring. PC gamers have had the ability to play older games in a higher res for a very long time now. Since I haven't played Ico, and SotC is one of my favorite games, I will get this day one.

StuBurns said:
And you would never need to know. It's just an option, like the light saber and melon scene.

They never need words.

Everything's so basic you can mostly tell what they're thinking.

I like it that way.

StuBurns

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
They never need words.

Everything's so basic you can mostly tell what they're thinking.

I like it that way.
I disagree, of course Yorda and Ico's interaction certainly are very clear, but between Yorda and her I would disagree it is obvious what the discussion is.

It is one of those things where knowing isn't important, but it's tempting to know, and they did bother to write the material to begin with. I wonder if Lost in Translation would be better, worse, or unaffected as a film by letting us know what he said to her at the end. Or if the Radiohead video for Just included what made the guy lay down.

The truth is that it's very sweet, no one should probably experience it that way first time, but they can't really anyway because it's only a new game + option.

sammy

plasmasd said:
Running in a higher resolution isn't graphics whoring. PC gamers have had the ability to play older games in a higher res for a very long time now. Since I haven't played Ico, and SotC is one of my favorite games, I will get this day one.

yea, i agree. higher resolutions (than consoles) have been around since the 90's. ICO and SOTC have a certain "low-fi" look to them, but that's because the developers are talented enough to work that into the style like any artists working with limitations. higher resolution won't ruin these games or change the gameplay in my optinion.
if anything it'll make it easier for artists who want to learn, study from these master works to see how they achieved such emotion with such low-tech hardware

Truespeed said:
On Blu-ray? As opposed to what? Chinese Red-ray? Anyway, this is just one of the many announcements that are going to be made at TGS. The Ico sequel will figure prominently at the Sony show I believe.
:lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I've never played ICO nor Sly Cooper nor can I find copies of these anymore, so I don't see what's wrong with remaking/HD-ing them. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Plus it makes money for the company!

@Lard, I think I've met you in another forum :lol

Filldough

StuBurns said:
I disagree, of course Yorda and Ico's interaction certainly are very clear, but between Yorda and her I would disagree it is obvious what the discussion is.

It is one of those things where knowing isn't important, but it's tempting to know, and they did bother to write the material to begin with. I wonder if Lost in Translation would be better, worse, or unaffected as a film by letting us know what he said to her at the end. Or if the Radiohead video for Just included what made the guy lay down.

The truth is that it's very sweet, no one should probably experience it that way first time, but they can't really anyway because it's only a new game + option.

Haven't played ICO yet, but love SotC. I like what you said about "Lost in Translation" and "Just"... I felt like the way they left you with those questions gives those scenes more weight. Even if its just tricking you into thinking you do wonder and so I think you personalize it cause the outcomes are your outcomes in a way. Sounds like my kind of game and I've wanted to play it for a while anyways. Just never see it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom