• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Tekken 7 and a Gundam VS being made for Namco's new arcade hardware

Tekken 7 is inevitable and with the new consoles coming out soon, a new Tekken would be awesome. Tekken 6 was 5ish years ago, TTT2 is almost a year old(console) so Tekken 7 would be welcome. Gonna be gooooooood.

Killah

Looking forward to the PS3/PS4 port.

I could dream but I would really love for it to come to the Vita but I have a feeling it won't happen.

Been awhile since a versus title hit the handhelds.

I really hope not, I'd never go to class again.

orioto

Good Art™
I hope i won't be disappointing but my graphical expectations are pretty high regarding next gen fighters. Last gen was tough i think, where basically we had better models but not enough to really have a big progress in animations or realism. This time with cloth physics and every part modelized properly, plus light etc.. i want something that looks really different.

I hope i won't be disappointing but my graphical expectations are pretty high regarding next gen fighters. Last gen was tough i think, where basically we had better models but not enough to really have a big progress in animations or realism. This time with cloth physics and every part modelized properly, plus light etc.. i want something that looks really different.

It's too bad that pretty much every company that makes the top tier fighting games (Capcom, Namco, Sega) is a shadow of their former self and no longer attempts to pull off unprecedented graphics.

The first time I saw Virtua Fighter 3 it blew my mind.

Dio

Banned
Playing GvG Extreme Versus on PS3 is fucking awesome, but if they brought Full Boost to PS4 and that meant there wasn't a sudden drop for splitscreen from silky smooth 60fps to a shitty laggy experience like there is with splitscreen on EXVS PS3, that would be fucking incredible.

Actually, me bringing my PS3 abroad when I stayed at a friend's house with my copy of EXVS made two of my friends over there literally buy PS3s and the game. They're both real involved with the community there, even after I got back.

The GvG series as it is now is like watching Virtual-On coming back, it's glorious and I'm so glad people are realizing it's an incredible game.

meppi

The only way to truly christen a new Namco arcade platform is by creating a new Ridge Racer for it. (I hope)

synce

Hopefully true. I don't want T7 coming after TxSF, if anything I'd rather Harada forget about TxSF

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Hopefully true. I don't want T7 coming after TxSF, if anything I'd rather Harada forget about TxSF

image.php

Easier said than...

uhh...

noodalls

A list I made a while ago, looking at release dates for the major tekken arcade games.

Arcade releases [] indicates time between versions, with + indicating an update
1994/12 Tekken 1 Arcade
1995/08 Tekken 2 Arcade [8 months]
1997/07 Tekken 3 Arcade [23 months]
1999/07 TTT Arcade [24 months]
2001/08 Tekken 4 Arcade [25 months]
2004/11 Tekken 5 Arcade [37 months]
2005/11 Tekken 5 DR Arcade [12 months]+
2007/12 Tekken 6 Arcade [25 months]
2008/12 Tekken 6 BR Arcade [12 months]+
2011/09 TTT2 Arcade release [31 months]
2013/08 xxxx [23 months and counting]

www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=121914

Also would be interesting to compared first reveal to final release windows, but don't have access to my arcadia magazines at the moment.

I wonder if System 478 is Playstation based like the previous ones.

Also Namco, please do not carry over the invincible attacks from TR.

MDSLKTR

PS4 needs a next-gen fighting game badly, killer instinct looks glorious and would be an automatic xbone purchase. Hell just port TTT2 again on PSN, they did it with tekken 5 HD.

zsidane

Too bad I can no longer get excited when new arcade hardware is announced... They are like irrelevant since the Naomi 2 (which was a small upgrade of the Naomi...)

These days are never coming back :'(

Imm0rt4l

Seems pretty obvious.

"So are nextgen fighting games going to get their asses kicked in the graphics department by TPSes again?"

So long as they're aiming for a perfect solid 60fps and not a sketchy-not-really-30fps like TPSes, yes, they will.
Yup

And im ok with that.

So how about that console port of Full Boost yeah? Since you already have a new arcade version in the works, why not you know throw us a bone and get some of them easy sales huh.

7Th

People in this thread are missing the real megaton in the OP... Idolm@ster going back to arcades?!

Doomshine

PS4 needs a next-gen fighting game badly, killer instinct looks glorious and would be an automatic xbone purchase. Hell just port TTT2 again on PSN, they did it with tekken 5 HD.

Well that was Dark Resurrection which wasn't available on console before. Personally I would like a Vita version for TTT2.

AAK

A list I made a while ago, looking at release dates for the major tekken arcade games.

Arcade releases [] indicates time between versions, with + indicating an update
1994/12 Tekken 1 Arcade
1995/08 Tekken 2 Arcade [8 months]
1997/07 Tekken 3 Arcade [23 months]
1999/07 TTT Arcade [24 months]
2001/08 Tekken 4 Arcade [25 months]
2004/11 Tekken 5 Arcade [37 months]
2005/11 Tekken 5 DR Arcade [12 months]+
2007/12 Tekken 6 Arcade [25 months]
2008/12 Tekken 6 BR Arcade [12 months]+
2011/09 TTT2 Arcade release [31 months]
2013/08 xxxx [23 months and counting]

www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=121914

Also would be interesting to compared first reveal to final release windows, but don't have access to my arcadia magazines at the moment.

Wow, that is actually pretty interesting.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

To be fair, Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection Online was a port of an Arcade Update to 5 that came out after the game, adding new characters and stages. They don't have anything like that for Tag 2 right now.

I kind of hope they take all they learned from Tekken Revolution, and, well... don't do most of that. Please don't.

Well that was Dark Resurrection which wasn't available on console before. Personally I would like a Vita version for TTT2.

I'd be fine with either one, frankly.

It pisses me off that we only have one new traditional fighter with a solid release date between both the Xone and the PS4 so far, 2D or 3D. *sigh*

SkylineRKR

I'll assume that the new hardware is going to be Ps4 based.

As for Full Boost, one would think its going to be announced for Ps3 about now. The last one was a huge success on Ps3 and FB is out in Arcades for over a year now. TGS perhaps?

Endo Punk

Last gen Tekken didn't show any great visual or gameplay leap in comparison to the PS2 era. Namco needs to do a lot to put Tekken back on the map.

SkylineRKR

Its not like Tekkens leap was smaller than SC, VF etc. But I feel where for example VF5 FS and SCV simplified things for the better, Tekken actually gets more complicated per release.

Its probably not a popular thing to say, but I wouldn't mind a revamped T7 with a smaller roster.

I hope they can match the 3dmark fire strike demo

3dmark-fire-strike-screenshot-4.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRAihbLYo5Q

Endo Punk

I actually agree.

They need to revamp it from the ground up.

Yep, every single thing needs to be done from scratch. I seriously got the feeling that Namco took last gen off for that franchise, they reused far too many assets. They gave us content but not the quality and innovation we expect from each title.

Tain

psh, how am I supposed to get excited for Tekken in the face of new Gundam Vs?

PS4-level Gundam Vs, omg

Dereck

If they remove bound from Tekken 7 that will really influence my decision on whether or not I want to buy it. I've spent too much time learning that system and mastering it just for it to be removed for people who can't handle it.

Top Bottom