• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Tekken 7 and a Gundam VS being made for Namco's new arcade hardware

More what?

I'm not trying to come off as saying it's not good. Tekken is a great game...I just feel it's a little stagnant right now. The bound system, along with the whole crush system, just wasn't that big of a thing. Let me rephrase...they are important mechanics gameplay wise, but it just didn't really feel all that much different from what I've been doing. I, along with most people, couldn't even identify with what the bound system even was while watching it. It just doesn't help push the series forward, I guess is what I'm trying to say. It just felt like a very short step sideways.

Again, this isn't saying the games are terrible(it's one of my favorites), but I just want the next one to offer a real game changing mechanic. Something that is immediately identifiable, something that is progressive, and something that isn't just tired to popping someone back in the air again.

Dereck

I'm not trying to come off as saying it's not good. Tekken is a great game...I just feel it's a little stagnant right now. The bound system, along with the whole crush system, just wasn't that big of a thing. Let me rephrase...they are important mechanics gameplay wise, but it just didn't really feel all that much different from what I've been doing. I, along with most people, couldn't even identify with what the bound system even was while watching it. It just doesn't help push the series forward, I guess is what I'm trying to say. It just felt like a very short step sideways.

Again, this isn't saying the games are terrible(it's one of my favorites), but I just want the next one to offer a real game changing mechanic. Something that is immediately identifiable, something that is progressive, and something that isn't just tired to popping someone back in the air again.
So, Tekken Revolution then?

So, Tekken Revolution then?

Not really. Tekken Revolution isn't progressive in my opinion, not when it comes down to actual fighting anyway. It's certainly in a different package than we are used to, but it just doesn't feel all that different. Hell, it probably feels the same to everyone that isn't into Tekken a lot, which is part of the issue.

Dereck

Not really. Tekken Revolution isn't progressive in my opinion, not when it comes down to actual fighting anyway. It's certainly in a different package than we are used to, but it just doesn't feel all that different. Hell, it probably feels the same to everyone that isn't into Tekken a lot, which is part of the issue.
I understand ya

That bound system has grown on me. I don't care if it stays or goes at this point, I've made peace with it. With this twenty year anniversary coming up, I'm trying to think of what to ask Katsuhiro Harada for, any ideas?

Maybe a collector's box set of all the console games for PS4.

A giant retrospective art book.

A animated web series.

Binabik15

I don't care about the finer points of the fight mechanics, I just want non-eye-stabbing IQ and framerate.

And Tekken on Vita with Tekken:DR style game sharing.

They should let TTT2 breathe a bit more, that game is too good. I wish more people bought it =/

for Tekken 7 they need to do a Tekken 3-esque character roster reboot. Just set it 10 years in the future and keep some of the must haves like Nina, Yoshi, Heihachi and Paul (if I remember correctly, these 4 characters are the only 4 to appear in every main Tekken game if you don't count people like Law, Kuma and King due to them having successors take their role).

Then everyone can come back together in the inevitable TTT3 in a decade and then everyone is happy again.

Dereck

They should let TTT2 breathe a bit more, that game is too good. I wish more people bought it =/

for Tekken 7 they need to do a Tekken 3-esque character roster reboot. Just set it 10 years in the future and keep some of the must haves like Nina, Yoshi, Heihachi and Paul (if I remember correctly, these 4 characters are the only 4 to appear in every main Tekken game if you don't count people like Law, Kuma and King due to them having successors take their role).

Then everyone can come back together in the inevitable TTT3 in a decade and then everyone is happy again.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77886469&postcount=12908

TreIII

Yo, Yo.

YO SON, what if its not Tekken 7, its that new pokemans fighting game. And Tekken 7.

I would imagine that if Pokkén is indeed a real thing, it's likely one of the console-focused projects that Namco's fighting game teams are working on now (along with TxSF) while they silently plod away at Tekken 7.

The main thing I would want is for them to get adventurous again with T7. Make it from the ground-up, clean up the roster a bit, take the formula to new places and finally have a reason to ditch some of those old animations. TTT2 should remain a hallmark as it is, because I don't think there's really anything more they can do to refine that formula.

The sad thing is, Tekken 4 obviously "scared" them so much that instead of doing anything to really build on the bit of good that T4 introduced, they turned away from it. So if there's anything that Pokkén and TxSF might do in order to influence what they do with Tekken 7 later, I'd welcome such with open arms.

Can only hope Tekken 7 will be a major departure from the series. I just want more people to play it. Correct me if I'm wrong but havent sales for Tekken only gotten lower since Tekken 3, with Tekken Tag 2 being the lowest?

Soul calibur 5????? o_O waiting on 6

maybe they mean SC5 AE

Can only hope Tekken 7 will be a major departure from the series. I just want more people to play it. Correct me if I'm wrong but havent sales for Tekken only gotten lower since Tekken 3, with Tekken Tag 2 being the lowest?

Tekken 3 was the peak saleswise, dunno if it was a progressive decline over all games since though (I'd think T5 sold better than 4 at the very least, right?)

GunBR

4 sold less than 5 and 6
But yes, TT2 it's the lowest

And we still have the SF vs Tekken fiasco

HUGE HUGE Tekken Fan! cant wait for T7

I remember that friends and I made a trip to USA, just to Play TTT on ps2, because PS2 had not been released in eu ... crazy times...

two thing I want most for T7
- the fastest loading times possible, tweak tweak tweak before considering a release... TT2 is an insult to the gamer
- bump the graphic to this kind of level:
7167072335_3dee210aab.jpg

or atleast try

I don't understand Japanese devs sometime. Gundam VS EX is one of, if not the best selling Gundam game ever so why the hell haven't they released the Full Boost on console yet? Why wait so long?

Shun

very good chance that it is

Wow bump.

Maxi Boost has been out for like almost a year now and it's been based on new hardware for a while.

I don't want Maxi Boost to be only for PS4 but it might. Trying to stick to the PS3 as long as I can.

I don't think we'll be getting another EXVS game any time soon anyway, at least not for another year.

Top Bottom