• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Tekken 7 Fated Retribution coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC

So Bandai Namco was at the MCM Comic Con this and one fellow thought to ask if the game would be coming to other platforms besides the PlayStation 4 and the Bandai Namco representative confirmed it would also be released on Xbox One and PC.

It is believed that a release date for Tekken 7 on home consoles and PC will be announced next month, possibly during the E3 Expo.

maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.ticgn.com/tekken-7-coming-xbox-one-playstation-4-pc/

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Granted this is still a rumor, but so many people swore up and down that it was going to be a PS4 exclusive in the previous Tekken 7 thread.

KAL2006

Banned
Probably something to do with Sony moneyahatting any and every fighting game not made by a rival first party publisher in the past 3 years.

Interesting what other game have they Moneyhatted besides Street Fighter V that's the only one I know of

salromano

When they announced the PS4 version at Paris Games Week, the press release they sent out afterward said it was coming to "consoles" (didn't even mention PS4 by name) so PS4 + Xbox One was a given.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man I hope that Namco survey pans out and we get Steam Workshop support, that would be so good.

zaQDQz9.png

Neoxon

If true, it's nice that PC players are finally getting the respect they deserve on the fighting game front (NRS aside). I also kinda expected this to be multiplatform, but I'm hoping that it does come to the NX Platform as well. Though given the guy who initially leaked the Smash 4 port saying that Bandai Namco had a ton of NX games in development, it wouldn't surprise me if Tekken 7 was NX-bound.

When they announced the PS4 version at Paris Games Week, the press release they sent out afterward said it was coming to "consoles" (didn't even mention PS4 by name) so PS4 + Xbox One was a given.

When they announced the PS4 version they said it would have PS4 exclusive content. Which seems to imply it was coming elsewhere. I cant believe some people actually thought it couldve been PS4 only after that.

Boke1879

The only reason people even think it was exclusive to PS4 was because it was shown on a Sony stage and there was no mention of any other console.

That said Sony has only moneyhatted SFV. Other than that I think other fighters like KOF, GG, etc decided to focus on PS4 because they know there where their audience is.

amdb00mer

Granted this is still a rumor, but so many people swore up and down that it was going to be a PS4 exclusive in the previous Tekken 7 thread.

I think the misunderstanding was that it would PS4 exclusive in Japan, which makes sense. So few X1 systems sold over there. In the US and the rest of the world it makes sense to be multiplatform. Also consoles using x86 and being more PC like means easy and cheaper to port between systems.

Son Of D

Not surprised. It was announced as having PS exclusive content when announced for consoles. Although PS4/PC was still an option.

Unknown?

Why wouldn't it come to at least both consoles? Pretty sure Tekken 6 was multiplat.

There were only two out of the whole series that was multiplatform though. Still I don't see this being exclusive, but it won't do half as well on PC or Xbox that it'll do on PS4.

salromano

When they announced the PS4 version they said it would have PS4 exclusive content. Which seems to imply it was coming elsewhere. I cant believe some people actually thought it couldve been PS4 only after that.

I think they said it would have PSVR-exclusive content, no? Or maybe I'm thinking of Ace Combat 7.

Either way, yeah, this won't be exclusive.

AAK

If true, this will contribute massively to getting members of my local community to invest time into the game.

If true, it's nice that PC players are finally getting the respect they deserve on the fighting game front (NRS aside). I also kinda expected this to be multiplatform, but I'm hoping that it does come to the NX Platform as well. Though given the guy who initially leaked the Smash 4 port saying that Bandai Namco had a ton of NX games in development, it wouldn't surprise me if Tekken 7 was NX-bound.

Yepper. That was Serkan Toto who specifically said "several" NX games with a Smash game (not 4 in particular, but that's obviously the most likely) at launch.

Tekken 7 always looked like it was one of the top contenders of that lineup.

Nzyme32

It would be really good to finally get a Tekken game on PC, but also to get a a great PC fighter from one of the bigger franchises than the mess we've seen with MK and SF.

univbee

Why wouldn't it come to at least both consoles? Pretty sure Tekken 6 was multiplat.

Fighting games as a genre are pretty much de facto Playstation-exclusive now other than Smash/Pokken and Killer Instinct. The console itself is much better suited for things like wired controllers, and has some degree of support for last-gen sticks.

The situation was reversed last gen where the 360 was a lot closer software-wise to the arcade cabinets (which often ran Windows XP Embedded) so the 360 versions often ran better, with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 effectively being the only 360 game tournament-wise.

That said, I think Bandai Namco has overall been pretty good about releasing its titles on both PS4 and Xbox One, plus they released Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as a BC title.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
With no new Virtua Fighter on the horizon, maybe it is time for me to get into Tekken.

Ugh, feels dirty.

jaypah

Sony didn't "moneyhat" games like or KOF; It was the publishers choice to make them PS4 exclusive because there's a fanbase for it, unlike Xbox One.

I don't think Sony paid for any of them but how would we know if they did? Are companies required to state that? I honestly didn't think that was the case. With bigger games you can tell by the language when devs/publishers get asked about it, but with less popular games I wonder if it happens and we just don't know. This goes for MS, Sony and Nintendo btw.

Zero83

I'd be surprised if this doesn't get released on NX too. Namco Bandai have supported Nintendo well, and TTT 2 was a launch title for the Wii U.

I have no idea when the home console versions are coming, but I guess it would be another late port though.

I'd be surprised if this doesn't get released on NX too. Namco Bandai have supported Nintendo well, and TTT 2 was a launch title for the Wii U.

I have no idea when the home console versions are coming, but I guess it would be another late port though.

NX launch title would make sense, they might as well put Nintendo Costumes in it just like TTT2 did.

Loved those costumes

True Fire

The real question is, will Tekken finally KO Street Fighter this generation? I mean, I know Tekken already has more sales, but 7 has the potential to leapfrog over V.

impact

Banned
It would be really good to finally get a Tekken game on PC, but also to get a a great PC fighter from one of the bigger franchises than the mess we've seen with MK and SF.

I'll buy it at full price cuz it's fucking Tekken (!), but if this is a bad port I'm officially done with fighting games on PC

PLEASE NAMCO LET IT BE A GREAT PORT.

I'll buy it at full price cuz it's fucking Tekken (!), but if this is a bad port I'm officially done with fighting games on PC

PLEASE NAMCO LET IT BE A GREAT PORT.

Ah yes how could I forget Namco's PC Ports but hopefully this turns out to be good.

Usually their ports are 50/50

I don't think Sony paid for any of them but how would we know if they did? Are companies required to state that? I honestly didn't think that was the case. With bigger games you can tell by the language when devs/publishers get asked about it, but with less popular games I wonder if it happens and we just don't know. This goes for MS, Sony and Nintendo btw.

Just because there had been plenty of games that have been made exclusive to PS4 from Japanese 3rd party publishers doesn't mean that Sony has "moneyhatted" them all. There's absolutely no proof aside from Ultra SF IV & Street Fighter V.

People seem to forget about the PS1 & the PS2 in which most 3rd party games were made exclusive for the platforms because of their larger userbase, not because of "moneyhats." With PS4, it's that & because that there's no market for genres such as fighters & JRPG's on Xbox because most Xbox owners don't buy them. That's why most of the JRPG's last gen on Xbox 360 had gotten a PS3 port with extra content in order to try to recover the cost of development & why Japanese 3rd party publishers stopped putting those games out on 360 since 2010.

Top Bottom