• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor - TES V Skyrim Definitive Edition out on november 23th

http://www.base.com/buy/product/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-the-definitive-edition-ps4/dgc-skyps4.htm
CkbX1WvXIAETSbc.jpg:large

If this really is happening hope they made some big improvements gameplay wise and graphically, not just a resolution bump and PC textures.

Hoo-doo

Banned
This better be a crazy overhaul. The base game is janky as hell and looks like shit even maxed out on a PC. Just upping the resolution isn't enough for me to bite.

I was thinking it would be a fifth anniversary edition like they did for oblivion. None the less, get hype! Im gonna get to play skyrim again! (Dont have a gaming pc nor a last gen console anymore)

I'll be there the second they show that it's more than just an upres or something. Loved Skyrim.

Edit: it better have console mod support like Fallout 4.

shandy706

This better be a crazy overhaul. The base game is janky as hell and looks like shit even maxed out on a PC. Just upping the resolution isn't enough for me to bite.

Thank god for mods.

I'm curious to see how it looks. I'm doubting it can even come close to PC modded Skyrim...so my interest is very, very low.

XAL

I look and this and think: god....why?

I'm curious to see if they're just updated mod textures/features or if they made actual quality improvements to the engine and game experience.

If the latter is the case I might have to pick it up on PC.

wotta

The same site also has Darksiders 3 and Borderlands 3 up. That date is a placeholder though I reckon.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I wonder... why they even bother? PS4 version won't look nowhere near as good as fully modded PC version (not to mention an option to use ENB which drastically changes the look of the game).

It will be interesting to see the differences between the vanilla PC version and the Skyrim Definitive Edition.

They have to incorporate the Bethesda mod system here as well, right?

Right?

If this is running on the latest version of the Creation Engine all of the mods that were originally made may have to be recreated or ported.

I wonder... why they even bother? PS4 version won't look nowhere near as good as fully modded PC version (not to mention an option to use ENB which drastically changes the look of the game).

It could still bring new visual improvements like Tesselation, Screen Space Reflections, Physically Based Rendering and Volumetric Lighting.

WITHE1982

Nice.

I never did finish the main story on 360. It'll be nice to play it again from the start on PS4. Will wait for a bit of a price drop though.

evi

Would be cooler if they remastered Oblivion or Morrowind.

Still, will probably check this out if the improvements are big enough.

Trigger

I don't have my 360 anymore. I enjoyed the base game enough to want it on my PS4.

Number45

One of my very few regrets from last generation, thanks to the PS3 version furore. I'll wait until post launch to ensure it's not a mess, but otherwise this might very well be my second most anticipated 2016 release.

As much as I enjoyed Skyrim, I'm not sure I have the appetite to go through it all again. My favourite thing about that kind of game is exploring and randomly coming across cool stuff, and having already explored every inch of Skyrim, I just can't imagine it'll be the same second time around.

Kilau

Gold Member
Even with mods Skyrim looks bland by today's standards.

At least PS4 save files already start out huge, right? ;)

As a PS3 Skyrim owner I'd be all over this, but I wouldn't want to start over from the beginning again.

Really? My favourite part of skyrim was starting. Set difficulty to max, make character, escape Helgen, get to whiterun and suddenly have the urge to reset the character. It's weird.

Top Bottom