• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The 7th game in a famous JRPG series getting a remix on 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already saw this rumour before, it's DQ7 3DS.

The only question now is, will it get a DQ5 PS2 style remake, or a DQ 5/6 DS style remake? (if it's the former, expect DQ 8 3DS and DQ 11 3DS to follow using the same engine)

BTW: This marks the first time that a Sony console S-E game will be getting ported or remade on a Nintendo console (the first of many?)

scitek

If it is DQ7, I'm surprised I haven't heard about it yet. It's most certainly welcome provided they put more into it than DQ6 DS which is the laziest thing I've ever seen and was a gigantic disappointment.

image.php

Few games are in more dire need of a remake than DQVII is so I'm hoping it's that. FFVII being remade on the 3DS would be pretty disappointing.

If by disappointing, you mean totally awesome, then yes, I agree. What would be even better would be if it went multiplatform between 3DS, PSV and Xbox 360.

Aru

The only question now is, will it get a DQ5 PS2 style remake, or a DQ 5/6 DS style remake? (if it's the former, expect DQ 8 3DS and DQ 11 3DS to follow using the same engine)

BTW: This marks the first time that a Sony console S-E game will be getting ported or remade on a Nintendo console (the first of many?)

Also, the original FF7 and its sequels/prequels never appeared on a Nintendo console. Compilation of FF7 is pretty much a Sony exclusive, except for:
- BC and DC: Lost Episode on mobile phones
- PC version of FFVII

Aeana

If it was like DQ4-6 DS, then it would just be a port with menu enhancements.
But being that it is 3DS, they will most likely avoid using 2D stuff so we're probably safe.

LOL, at first I thought it was FF7 for some reason when I read the thread title! :p

Than I completely forgot about DQ7.

So it's probably DQ7.

Would Nintendo/Square-Enix bring DQ8 to the 3DS? Sounds like it can happen. A 3D version of DQ8 would be great.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If it is DQ7, I'm surprised I haven't heard about it yet. It's most certainly welcome provided they put more into it than DQ6 DS which is the laziest thing I've ever seen and was a gigantic disappointment.

I have DQ6 and haven't played it yet. What was wrong with it?

If it was like DQ4-6 DS, then it would just be a port with menu enhancements.
But being that it is 3DS, they will most likely avoid using 2D stuff so we're probably safe.

I dunno. Slime Mori Mori 3 is a very obvious DS port up... (and the DQ 7 engine was already running on the DS in the form of DQ 4, 5 & 6...)

jimmypython

Also, the original FF7 and its sequels/prequels never appeared on a Nintendo console. Compilation of FF7 is pretty much a Sony exclusive, except for:
- PC version of FFVII

Tabata said he wants to remake BCFF7 on the 3DS before the handheld launched earlier this year.....

StevieP

Banned
- PC version of FFVII

I wouldn't use history as an indicator at this point.

I literally breathed a sigh of relief when I learned he wasn't talking about FF7.

FF7 with 3D gimmicks seems so trash.

What is a "3D gimmick"?

Aeana

I dunno. Slime Mori Mori 3 is a very obvious DS port up... (and the DQ 7 engine was already running on the DS in the form of DQ 4, 5 & 6...)

That's true about Slime Morimori 3. It slipped my mind for a moment that it still used sprites.
All I can say is that I'll be absolutely pissed if DQ7 3DS ends up being even more lazy than DQ6 DS. It really would just be a port with a different menu system if it used the DS engine.

Realistically, can this be anything other than DQ7? Only long shot would be FFVII but I don't think SE is that crazy, plus Nintendo seems to obsessed with the DQ franchise these days.

Though if true, I think it will end any chance of DQ8 getting a PS3 HD remake. That's going straight to Wii U.

There's no way it's FF7.

But I hope so, portables are getting powerful enough that it would take SE 10 years to remake FF7 with their development cycles in any other device that wasn't the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom