• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The 7th game in a famous JRPG series getting a remix on 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpmurphy

This rumor from our fellow GAFfer creamsugar via Twitter, source unnamed.

From the weekly Famitsu thread:
creamsugar creamsugar
The source told me at the end of year 2010, there will be a power up version of MH3 for 3DS. And then we all knew it during this year's TGS.
5 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

creamsugar creamsugar
We all don’t believe it’s “that 7”, right? So I said it’s “this 7”.
5 hours ago

creamsugar creamsugar
It’s a remix version of the 7th game of a famous (J)RPG series, and will sell half year later of a spin-off game of the series.
5 hours ago

creamsugar creamsugar
OK here is the rumor: big N will announce a megaton on next year’s meeting which to celebrate 3DS sold XX million.

The tweet that started this:
creamsugar creamsugar
DQ7 for 3DS? WTF!?
21 Nov

Thoughts?

Aeana

If it is DQ7, I'm surprised I haven't heard about it yet. It's most certainly welcome provided they put more into it than DQ6 DS which is the laziest thing I've ever seen and was a gigantic disappointment.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't for the life of me think of any JRPG series that has a 7th installment that fans have been wanting to see again. Could someone please enlighten me?

FFVII 3DS OMG

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
W44oU.png
Chrono Trigger never even got a sequel how could they skip all the way up to seven

A DQVII remake excites and scares me at the same time. Like yes, finally a remake, but the game is soooo long and they half-assed DQVI DS, so I dunno :\
If it is DQ7, I'm surprised I haven't heard about it yet. It's most certainly welcome provided they put more into it than DQ6 DS which is the laziest thing I've ever seen and was a gigantic disappointment.
I still want a console DQVI remake. DQVI DS felt like the usual 2nd portable 'remake', not the real deal.

rpmurphy

I don't know what the reliable channels are for a rumor like this, but it kinda seems to me like the info could be tightly held if it is true in any way (except for this leak of course).

hatchx

Banned
Well now that you can customize (RPGize) your kart in Mario Kart, I think this is obviously about Mario Kart 7.

:|

Raw64life

Few games are in more dire need of a remake than DQVII is so I'm hoping it's that. FFVII being remade on the 3DS would be pretty disappointing.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The trolling is much more powerful if you think that next year there will be both Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D AND Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.
And, technically, the former is a remake of a spin-off, while the other is a brand new spin-off.

Naaaah, it'll be DQ7. FFVII would be, however,...

Aeana

The trolling is much more powerful if you think that next year there will be both Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D AND Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.
And, technically, the former is a remake of a spin-off, while the other is a brand new spin-off.

Naaaah, it'll be DQ7. FFVII would be, however,...

DQ also has Slime Morimori 3 on 3DS.

saichi

DQ7 3Ds remake is gonna be released 6 months after DQ Monsters 3DS remake?

can people even play 100 hours of 3D?

Aeana

Perhaps Terry's Wonderland 3DS and the DQ7 remake will use the same engine, kinda like how Torneko 3 PS2 and DQ5 PS2 use the same engine. Considering they'll want to use 3D models to take advantage of the 3D, at the very least I feel somewhat safe in thinking it will at least get a bit of a visual upgrade.

I don't trust rumors anymore after those Sega rumors from TGS let me down. :(

But for real, this would probably make sense, but I can't say I've heard anyone talking about it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
DQ also has Slime Morimori 3 on 3DS.

Ah, yeah. Right. This would mean that DQVII will be out in... June / July?
Eh, that's the release date of DQIX, not something unusual for the series.
...But what if 3DS doesn't reach the XX millions mark? :lol

EDIT: And considering that DQM: TW3D will be released surely before the eventual DQVII... the hell at the Dragon Quest bonanza on 3DS.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Give it a good battle system and I'd play the shit out of a remake.
That, fixing the random encounter issues, and actually putting puzzles in the dungeons that aren't confined to a detached, skipable room and it would be my favorite Tales.

I would pay a lot of money for a new 7th Saga game. The first one was my jam. Beat it with every character, did everything possible.
Glitched it so I could recruit myself as my partner. It was so awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom