• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The Division Closed Beta Runs at 1080p Resolution on Xbox One

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Like many others, GamingBolt had its time with the closed beta for Tom Clancy’s The Division on the Xbox One. Much to our surprise, our initial findings suggests that The Division is running at 1080p resolution on the Xbox One. Rumours pegged it as running at a sub-HD resolution like many other third party titles in the past but it seems Ubisoft Massive has pulled off some magic.

Pixel counting wasn’t easy on The Division as it uses a lot of post processing effects (much like Need for Speed) to remove steps from the edges. Fortunately we found some crisper steps which allowed us to count the pixels and ascertain the resolution, which basic maths indicates to be 1080p. However, we will investigate further and follow up with a full report tomorrow, including a head to head analysis versus the PS4 and PC versions. So consider this as an initial report which may change based on further findings.

Images used for pixel counting
div1.jpg

div-2.jpg

Fuck me that title mistake.... ._. EDIT thanks mods.

READ MORE AT----->http://gamingbolt.com/the-division-closed-beta-runs-at-1080p-resolution-on-xbox-one-initial-report

I wait for DF. I am sure they'll have something tomorrow.

Also, The Division looks so damn bland compared to the reveal trailer, not even funny.

T.O.P

Banned
Impressive stuff considering that the game looks really damn good

Have they fixed the tearing on this Beta?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Fuck.
The only reason I switched my pre-order to the PS4 one was for the native resolution.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The game isn't out yet, you can still switch back
Not with the Amazon 30% off.
Unless I can talk a rep into doing it while keeping the promotion. Hmmmmm.
Interesting. I'm looking forward to the full DF analysis when the PS4 beta starts tomorrow.

I'm guessing there might be some sort of performance difference if resolutions are the same across both platforms.
Ya, that could happen, too, in which case I guess I'd stick with the PS4 version if frame drops are more prevalent on XBO.

cakely

Interesting. I'm looking forward to the full DF analysis when the PS4 beta starts tomorrow.

I'm guessing there might be some sort of performance difference if resolutions are the same across both platforms.

Great news for Xbone owners (*if true) looking to pick up this game. Are we finally seeing a close on that PS4/XBO performance gap? Or is this just Ubi Massive creating an impressive version of this game on both consoles?

On a similar note, anyone who played the Alpha/Beta, how is performance on Xbone? I'm imagining it hovering around 30fps?

Justified

Nothing against the XB, but its this is true I wonder what things are worst for its version, or what has been downgraded across the board for "parity"

Also Im not seeing any Black Crush in those pics, so Im impressed

Not with the Amazon 30% off.
Unless I can talk a rep into doing it while keeping the promotion. Hmmmmm.

Ya, that could happen, too, in which case I guess I'd stick with the PS4 version if frame drops are more prevalent on XBO.

Good point about the framerate.

Nothing against the XB, but its this is true I wonder what things are worst for its version, or what has been downgraded across the board for "parity"

We will find out tomorrow when the DF article is out. I think that is also when the preview embargo for the PC version is dropping.

Don't really care what the resolution is - 1080p, 900p 1080pr . . . I just want to know if this game is fun?

Really tempted to pre-order to try out the beta.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Nice if true. Hopefully some of the framedrops and tearing from recent footage has been sorted out as well.

Proxy

Given the massive amount of screen tearing and framedrops in the "beta" footage put out last week I believe it.

Top Bottom