• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The Last Guardian Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, just two days before Sony’s E3 2014 press conference, two different tweets from Russian journalists Andrey Zagudaev and Petr Salnikov who work or used to work at GMBox.ru are hinting at a possible cancellation of the game.

The first one simply says

The Last Guardian is over, boys

While the other is a bit more elaborate:

There is a legitimate rumor that The Last Guardian has been canceled.

Of course, please take this as a rumor – nothing is even close to being confirmed yet at this stage, but from what we can gather, these journalists have a respectable reputation in Russia. Indeed, this would be an unfortunate and somewhat unexpected turn of events – would you be upset for the definitive cancellation of The Last Guardian? Let us know below.

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/06/07/rumor-the-last-guardian-cancelled

7threst

Not to offend the fans who have been waiting for the game for ages, but I think a full cancellation would be best at this point.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Put out of misery. Thanks.

OR OR OR

They are tricking us to believe its cancelled but its still coming?

Rumors of every kind!

The Last Guardian Is coming! No it's cancelled! No it came out of the closet and is getting married to Agent and they're both adopting a young, cute Half-Life 3!

You get a rumor! And you get a rumor!

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
They are just trying to create hype. We think its cancelled then BOOOOM! "one last thing"

now we know about the souls game

DrunkDan

I can't see it myself. Seems like everything is geared up for a possible E3 re-reveal.

Guess it's only a few days until we find out.

Tales from my ass?

I doubt Russian game journalists would know about the internal happenings of a Japanese game, let alone one as secretive as TLG.

The saga continues.
Yeesh.

We'll hopefully find out at E3, because even if it doesn't show, someone will press Sony for clear confirmation that it is still in development and not cancelled.

SephiZack

All these Sony studios that won't be at E3, all these game delays and cancellation rumors...

It's just to keep our expectations low to throw us megatons during E3... R-right? RIGHT?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom