• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] The Switch re-release of Metroid Prime 1 is ‘clearly finished’, it’s claimed

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
If you're referring to the Wii collection (that's also on Wii U VC), it doesn't. Only has the Wiimote controls unfortunately for all 3 games.
... “unfortunately”?
A handful of instances where the original lock-on system works better (and you can still select it from a menu, anyway) are nothing compared to the glorious free camera and aiming of the Wii versions. Going back to the GameCube version was very awkward last time I did it. One doesn’t adapt very easily to limited camera control these days.

Truth be told though, few games are as buttery smooth as GC Metroid Prime on a CRT.

Tg89

Would like to have 2 included. Couldn’t care less about 3.

I’ll settle for 1 with the traditional control scheme included though.

fart town usa

Gold Member
... “unfortunately”?
A handful of instances where the original lock-on system works better (and you can still select it from a menu, anyway) are nothing compared to the glorious free camera and aiming of the Wii versions. Going back to the GameCube version was very awkward last time I did it. One doesn’t adapt very easily to limited camera control these days.

Truth be told though, few games are as buttery smooth as GC Metroid Prime on a CRT.
Yea, "unfortunately" is just in regard to a lack of options.

I don't mind the IR controls but having the option to play with a GCN controller or classic controller would have been nice. And yes, Prime looks amazing on a CRT. I'll go a step further, Prime 1-3 look amazing on the Wii U gamepad. Screen is tiny but 480p games on it looks fantastic. Wiimote is super responsive too on that screen.

Andodalf

Banned
Everyone was saying that about the Switch PRO. Pretty sure these people saw Nintendo making huge orders for OLED screens and ASSUMING that it was for a more powerful Switch, because why would anyone (except Nintendo) release the same system just with an upgraded screen. Because of that ASSUMPTION they were 100% sure the OLEDs were for a Pro console.
We 100% know as a fact Devs have had info about 4K stuff from Nintendo. We know they’ve invested in upscaling tech. Who on earth would assume they would put out a console that doesn’t use any of that?

Ryu Kaiba

They finished Trilogy years ago it was true, but Nintendo released these suckers would pay for each game individually so decided to release Prime 1 in 2022, Prime 2 in 2023 and Prime 3 in 2024. Prime 4 has been rebooted again and moved to 2025.
Nintendo did say they see the Switch as halfway through its lifecycle, and that lines up perfectly with the Prime 4 release on Switch Super.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Not really interested in big N's offering this year, especially with Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak coming out on PC alongside switch.

Splatoon 3 interests me, but it kind of feels like an "Overwatch 2" more of an update than a full new game for a majority of the content (hopefully wrong but who knows)

I hope some random JRPG just comes out of no where for the system, as I will be honest I used it the least ever in 2021, primarily for MH Rise.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Angry Mad GIF by Pokémon

Top Bottom