• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor time: First details and artwork on new Tomb Raider?

5.jpg

From Four Player co-op, comes a bunch of details and pictures on the next Tomb Raider:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Main points:

- Orgin story
- Survival action/horror
- Open-world
- A actually decent looking Lara

Source - http://www.fourplayercoop.com/news/444-tomb-raider-reboot-the-first-details

Anton668

so........ they are thinking of turning Tomb Raider into a sandbox survival horror now?!?!?!?!?!

no thank you.

Stairs said:
This sounds nothing like a Tomb Raider game. How can you have an open world Tomb Raiding game?
Have it take place amid a large area like the Valley of Kings or some such or a forgotten city.

What the fuck? Survival action/horror Tomb Raider. No Way!!!!

If this comes out true, I hope it bombs bigtime. This is like forcing Tomb Raider name and character in some random game.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
MirageDwarf said:
What the fuck? Survival action/horror Tomb Raider. No Way!!!!

If this comes out true, I hope it bombs bigtime. This is like forcing Tomb Raider name and character in some random game.
If you think about it, it might work out. Especially if they were thinking around RE4/5 lines.

Looks interesting, I'm fine with them taking it in a new direction. The franchise was in desperate need of a gameplay overhaul anyway. Survival action/horror seems like a good direction to take it in to me.

Samara

Don't they get why the latest game was horrible?!?!

They should just scrap combat altogether ( ok a little combat is ok, but just a little)
A sandbox? Horses? And what was wrong with Lara's design? She looked great in Underworld.

Know what, they should remake the old game with the new engine. Anniversary was amazing.

BigBoss

Vinterbird said:
Yup, along with the series orignal creator. According to a job listing, they are seeing it as a AAA production.

Thats good to hear, I really enjoyed the Legend/Anniversary/Underworld trilogy so this should be good.

george_us

Tomb Raider was fine the way it was, it just needed to be further refined. I'll still keep my eye out on this but those shots and the horror slant doesn't exactly fill me with hope.

Majora

It sounds pretty decent to me, if true. The series is in pretty desperate need of a Resi 4 style reboot, it's become terribly predictable and has dropped off many people's radars completely. And no offence but a lot of people here are very inflexible when it comes to change within their favourite franchises, expecting the same thing over and over and then bitching when it turns stale.

Phantast2k said:
I can confirm this. I took part in that survey regarding the new Tom Raider concept.
So it's 100% legit.

You didn't save the pictures, so we could get some none digital camera pictures?

batbeg said:
Sounds very TR-ish (hahahahaha).

Is this an enemy leaping, or Lara with blade arms? Because the way this is going, it could go either way really...

Its quite obvious Lara is the one on the horse.

Horror is a horrible idea. That means more wandering in the dark looking through a flashlight. Now THAT give me a headaches, especially in FPS games. Oh well, I don't play Tomb Raider games anyway. Makes no difference what they turn the series into.

Mamesj

Banned
sweetwasabi said:
Know what, they should remake the old game with the new engine. Anniversary was amazing.

100% true. Keep remaking the one Tomb raider people care about with different engines.

I'm getting sick of "But this time, Tomb Raider is going back to its roots!" only to find shitty driving stages, combat with techno music blasting in the background, and a whole bunch of shit that doesn't involve the exploration of deep cavernous ruins.

Top Bottom