• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Titanfall also 720p?

From the COD 720 thread

crazy buttocks on a train said:
We arl rdaedy know.
Titfall also.
not cooll2 hodl back on tstuff we acnt interact r tel truaths with, evnev if itns the job to obs>ffducate.

translaperncy is berter when dealing wtih this positition. whataev er tho

FamousMortimer said:
Also, why the fuck not, Titanfall has been rumored to be targeting 720p on the xbox one as well. I'm sure that probably came up in this thread already by someone... but, yeah, that rumor seems more solid than this CoD one.

Could it be?

xaosslug

MS right nao:

ibmEtgIX97P5rD.gif

RdN

I never expected Titanfall to be 1080p, but anyway..

People who are buying the Xbox One gotta let go about 1080p. It's clear that Microsoft doesn't care and didn't make the system specs to match native 1080p.

Their plan is to upscale, and they know most people won't care.

Did anyone notice this at E3? Or Gamescom? Or other events? I'm just surprised that it took this long to come for this information to come out. Has Respawn just been dodging the question?

f@luS

More than a member.
Seriously

wtf

i want 1080p for this gen.

i bought a wiiu just for Zelda and oh crap how crisp it is...make it so beautiful

i have 65" plasma and i play 2m20 from it....its night and day..... i wont say i wont buy a game because its just 720p, but damn, it has to be a minority..... most of them NEED to be 1080

Proxy

Did anyone notice this at E3? Or Gamescom? Or other events? I'm just surprised that it took this long to come for this information to come out. Has Respawn just been dodging the question?

I may be wrong. But I believe anytime the game has been shown it's been on PC using Xbone button prompts.

Squishy3

And this will only get worse further on in the generation when developers have to choose between higher res assets, fancier effects and physics, stable framerates and resolution.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Don't be surprised if it is. It's been rumored for a while. Of course they could change the game and try to do different things and make it higher resolution by sacrificing some other things.

Shows the lack of power the Xbone has. It's not something which we will see on a limited base either once the tools mature and devs get a better on graps on both next gen consoles.

Syf

Banned
If true, that's really disappointing even though I'm not planning on buying an Xbox One anyway. 1080p should be standard this gen. Thank god for the PC version.

The question is...does it really matter? As long as the game looks decent enough, which is a point to where I think we have gotten, does 720p make that much of a difference? As long as the game looks good enough, and makes great games, why not? The hardware, is going to still be able to create advanced new games with them and graphics are not everything.

Prompto

Banned
Wow. Titanfall and Ghosts are probably the most visually underwhelming next-gen games we've seen and yet they can't get that running in a higher resolution?

Top Bottom