• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ubisoft revealing new racing IP @ E3 called "The Crew" [U: Likely Ivory Tower]

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Ubi Reflections isn't lead dev on this; Ivory Tower is.

dextran

You know it's new console time when all the racing games come out! They make the best launch titles - show off the sparkle of the new machines.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I've still got my hands full with this gens racers.....Forza 4 and GT6 are next after I finish with GT5 and Horizon....seems like there either isn't enough of a genre or too much...smh

Sony only has one sim racer. DRIVECLUB is more along the lines of a PGR or Criterion NFS games in terms of its handling.

Based on appearance from respective trailers though you would think Driveclub was the sim and Forza the arcade racer. Lighting looks much more natural at this stage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh shit what? Racing game renaissance incoming?

TBH, we don't need more sims on consoles, we have two great ones with the most money and push behind them as they're first party. I hope this is something different or at least has a twist. "The Crew" sounds like it may have a Drive Club like team twist, and I hope it's much more interesting than that.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I found a job listing that supports the rumor.
FWIW, Reflections is also working on the driving portion of Watch_Dogs.

The new team made up of ex Eden Games guys?

If so, probably a spiritual successor to Test Drive Unlimited...the first one hopefully and not the second one....
Yeah, that's the one. Someone said it was kinda like Driver too?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Racing games are next-gen's FPS.
We can only hope. The notion in this thread that there could possibly be too many racing compared to what games we have now is baffling.

Genre needs more different perspectives than it does another sim, another RR clone, etc. though.

saladine1

Hitsukara

Neo Member
Oh I thought this game was already announced.

I already tried it a little in one of Ubisoft test near Paris two months ago I think. I tried the 360 version and it was some sort of open world racer. I am not really knowledgeable about racers but it was definitely not realistic like forza and gran turismo. I just tried some "challenge races" and I thought it was not really good but maybe it has improved since then.

Pitmonkey

Apparently is a collaboration from what I'm hearing now. Some "target renders" for a new test drive game have been posted a while back on GTPlanet, may be worth a look.

Malvingt2

Oh I thought this game was already announced.

I already tried it a little in one of Ubisoft test near Paris two months ago I think. I tried the 360 version and it was some sort of open world racer. I am not really knowledgeable about racers but it was definitely not realistic like forza and gran turismo. I just tried some "challenge races" and I thought it was not really good but maybe it has improved since then.

interesting....

Quentyn

Cmon takao, not every post i make is going to be some insider news or sh be take like that.

What i did say about ubi and AC was that the next title was ( and this was before anything leaked)black flag or golden age. Edward haytham was the main character. Would have co op and captain kidd would make an appearance. I also said that rayman legends and r6 patriots ( not ghost recon) would come to vita.

What i meant regarding to vita was that liberation was coming to psn/xbla.

And here is some new info. Black flag is being developed by 11 ubisoft studios. The next title in the franchisee is code named unity. Far cry 1 hd is coming soon. Far cry 4 is targeting q1 2014 release an ubi have a new nexgen ip in the works titled the crew.

Wow, they weren't kidding when they said they would release their franchises more frequently.

Glass Rebel

Ubisoft must have struck a Boringum vein, otherwise I can't explain why they would add a sim racer to their portfolio of Assassin's Creed, Far Cry and Watch_Dogs.

glaurung

We really need an Apex level game some time during the next generation.

Race, build cars, research new body types and engines, new tires, manage your team. The crazier the better.

Basically everything GRID2 lacks.

Top Bottom