• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: "Untitled Spiderman PS4 Project" incoming

Dynomutt

Is it finally happening?

From Twitter:

It's been too long since last leak. Here's one.
Sony is working at "Untitled Spiderman PS4 Project". Trailer incoming (E3 2016?).

via Nerdleaks

Could it be a Sucker Punch project or a VR game who knows!

I did post this in a thread last year:

So... after re-purchasing Infamous Second Son, I forgot how jaw dropping and gorgeous this game is. It is arguably one of the better looking next gen titles. Let's stop playing favorites and be realistic some Studios/Devs are just a cut above the rest.
With Sony inking a deal with Marvel to bring Spider-Man to the MCU...They should seek exclusive rights and let Sucker Punch make the next Spidey game we all deserve!! Could you imagine letting Sucker Punch running free with their version of Manhattan and Spidey zipping through it!?!?! Match made in game/comic heaven. What do you think?

So we will hopefully see by E3!

I searched and could not find anything....toss me out like an empty web cartridge if so!

Edit: This is definitely a rumor! With Activision supposedly having the rights still and not being able to verify a legitimate source past NerdLeaks this is a definite wait and see but still good for conversation. Sony fix your damn leaks!

As I posted in the other thread, Sony doesn't really publish games they don't own the IP for. I'm not sure why they'd do this?

kiguel182

If it's a Sucker Punch game then I'm sure it's going to be great. They have the chops to make an amazing Spider-Man game.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
An exclusive Marvel game? A console Marvel game? I find that hard to picture considering how in love Disney is with F2P.

Activision still owns the Spider-Man IP for gaming. And it makes no sense for Sony to work on it when they consistently want to own IP's for games they fund.

spidynateqpsji.jpg

Activision still owns the Spider-Man IP for gaming. And it makes no sense for Sony to work on it when they consistently want to own IP's for games they fund.
Aren't they partly funding Shenmue 3 and FFVIIR?

And what about Street Fighter V? Some selective amnesia here.

Jacqli

Spiderman 2 on PS2 was one of my favourite games. The web system was simply great even though many side missions were repetitive.

BiggNife

Oh man don't even tease the idea of a Sucker Punch Spider Man game if it's not happening

That would be a fucking match made in heaven

FelipeMGM

Could it be a Sucker Punch project or a VR game who knows!

I did post this in a thread last year:

So we will hopefully see by E3!

I searched and could not find anything....toss me out like an empty web cartridge if so!

Oh boy,

I did a post for a website talking the exact same thing you did about the deal and Sucker Punch developing last July, its just such an obvious match

Elandyll

Banned
If it's a tie-in for a movie (for which Sony owns the IP), I was wondering if Activision's deal would hold?
I don't think we've seen Spiderman movies tie ins from Activision? But I could be mistaken.

If real (long shot), Sucker Punch adapting Infamous to a Spiderman game would be great... potentially.

Certinty

I don't even know if I want Sucker Punch working on a Spider-Man game. While the gameplay may be great if it turns out to be an open world game it will be just as lifeless as the previous inFamous games unless something dramatically changes.

The deal with Activision should be ending by next year and I think Sony still has the movie right to Spider-Man for at least a few more years

Corpekata

Banned
Pretty sure Activision's game rights are only on Spider-Man movie games, which is why we've only seen movie spidey games lately. They don't own the rights for non-movie games, which is why things like Marvel Heroes exist with him and his supporting cast in them.

Top Bottom