• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Voice Actor accidentally confirms Danganronpa 2 localization

http://www.japanator.com/danganronpa-2-accidentally-confirmed-for-localisation--31517.phtml

If today's release of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc in North America isn't enough to get you excited, then what about the news that the sequel may be following it? Kyle Hebert, a voice actor who has previously worked on anime like Fate/Zero, Durarara!! and Persona 4: The Animation, tweeted earlier that he voices Kazuichi Souda.

The tweet was soon deleted, because Kazuichi Souda is not from Danganronpa. Rather, he is from the sequel, a currently Japanese-only game. This is great news for those of you enjoying the first game, and hopefully we'll hear from NIS America about it soon. Treat this as rumour for now, but you've got to assume that Kyle must have already recorded his character's dialogue to have assumed it was out today!

Not surprised, danganronpa was the quickest I've ever seen a nisa LE sell out on their webstore - guessing preorders were very good.

giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess pre-orders were good enough (can't wait to get my LE) & I've been hearing rather good scores, pretty much 8 & above from critics.

Better start saving up to get the sequel's LE now...

Damn, so potentially all the VA is done for SDR2 already? If so, seems like they really want other territories on track for Another Episode and DR3.

Still, would be awesome if true. SDR2 is all kinds of crazy.

Oh yes. I wonder what kind of timeframe we are looking at. They must have done the translation work if they've already recorded his voice work.

I listened to a S-LinkFM podcast awhile ago when they had a voice actor on, and they mentioned that it's hard to keep straight what games they've worked on has released or not.

GSR

I'll be thrilled if this is true. DR1 is a pretty good game, but SDR2 surpasses it in just about every way.

Hope the series really manages to carve out a niche for itself in the West!

...Though I have to admit, Kyle Hebert would not have been my guess for Souda. I blame him playing Edgeworth.

Top Bottom