• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Voice Actor accidentally confirms Danganronpa 2 localization

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Honestly, I'd buy it just on the reputation this series has. I haven't even played the first one (which... doesn't that come out today?), but I still know I want this.

So, good on you, NISA.

joe2187

Banned
I'll be thrilled if this is true. DR1 is a pretty good game, but SDR2 surpasses it in just about every way.

Hope the series really manages to carve out a niche for itself in the West!

...Though I have to admit, Kyle Hebert would not have been my guess for Souda. I blame him playing Edgeworth.

WHY ARE YOU HYPING ME UP EVEN MORE!?

STOP!

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Aww fantastic news if it turns out to be true. If they're already recording voices we could expect SDR 2 in late 2014, right?

Marche90

YES!

Zg8xZbj.gif

Koppai

I actually thought this was some shooter game based off the title lol, had no idea it was a visual novel!!!. If PS Vita was cheap enough and I didn't have some insane backlog I think I would finally bite since a lot of games I want are now out for the system.

joe2187

Banned
I actually thought this was some shooter game based off the title lol, had no idea it was a visual novel!!!. If PS Vita was cheap enough and I didn't have some insane backlog I think I would finally bite since a lot of games I want are now out for the system.

Well, technically you're not wrong. There is a third game being made for the vita, but it's more of a spinoff of the series called "ABSOLOUTE DESPAIR GIRLS" which is a third person action shooter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJrA22LGcM

GSR

That's easily debatable.

You mean "Yep". I agree the class trials sessions are objectively better, though.

I was hyperbole-ing a bit there, but on the whole I still feel SDR2 is a much better game than DR1. More interesting characters, more complex mysteries, a stronger overall plot which does some great playing around with the fact it's a sequel, and significantly improved mechanics. The only area I might give the nod to DR1 is the overall atmosphere; the oppressive, dark school sets the tone much better than the
tropical islands
of SDR2.

Clov

I now have a reason to love Kyle Herbert outside of Dragonball Z.

I seriously hope this is true though. I love the first Danganronpa, but Super Danganronpa 2 is so, so much better than it. Especially the soundtrack! It's easily one of Masafumi Takada's best.

Shojx

Well, technically you're not wrong. There is a third game being made for the vita, but it's more of a spinoff of the series called "ABSOLOUTE DESPAIR GIRLS" which is a third person action shooter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJrA22LGcM

There's also a straight-up third game in the pipeline, as I understand it, which was announced alongside the shooter.

Yep, a third game (as in, sequel to SDR2) is very likely in development, as teased by the "and also... 3" at the very end of the video you linked to.

Torraz

I was hyperbole-ing a bit there, but on the whole I still feel SDR2 is a much better game than DR1. More interesting characters, more complex mysteries, a stronger overall plot which does some great playing around with the fact it's a sequel, and significantly improved mechanics. The only area I might give the nod to DR1 is the overall atmosphere; the oppressive, dark school sets the tone much better than the
tropical islands
of SDR2.

I agree. The only other point where I preferred DR1 to SDR 2 was:

MAX SPOILERS (final scenes)
the scene where the main characer (re-)inspires hope. While the enlightenment/transformation scene was great, I liked actually loading "hope" into the gun and literally shooting it at people in DR1

#20V1T4

I'm glad if they announce the sequel at the event. Makes me even more glad to support the Vita port of the first game even tho I already played the fan translation.

Crayons

Banned
Did anyone here see the tweet? Because I don't want to get my hopes up, rumors like these have happened before when someone supposedly deleted their tweets seconds afterward.

Did anyone here see the tweet? Because I don't want to get my hopes up, rumors like these have happened before when someone supposedly deleted their tweets seconds afterward.

Yeah, someone confirmed with me that the tweet was real, but they didn't think anything of it at the time because they didn't know the character was from the second game.

GSR

Yep, a third game (as in, sequel to SDR2) is very likely in development, as teased by the "and also... 3" at the very end of the video you linked to.

As I recall they confirmed in Famitsu not long after that a third game is definitely happening, but at that point (September, I think?) it was so early in development all they could say was "it'll probably be for the Vita."

culafia

Just to play devil's advocate, wouldn't it be a little curious to see someone record their lines for the sequel this early? What are the chances of him straight up forgetting what character he was? Sounds extremely unlikely, but unless SDR2 is coming out next quarter, seeing him done with his lines so early seems questionable.

GSR

Just to play devil's advocate, wouldn't it be a little curious to see someone record their lines for the sequel this early? What are the chances of him straight up forgetting what character he was? Sounds extremely unlikely, but unless SDR2 is coming out next quarter, seeing him done with his lines so early seems questionable.

That's actually something I'm wondering about as well. These are pretty dialogue-heavy games, especially the sequel, so it does seem pretty darn early for a VA to be done with his lines (which I assume he would be if he thought the product was releasing today).

I guess we'll find out (soon?)

Prelude.

So he works tens of hours voicing a character and he forgets it? Nah.

Top Bottom