• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Warner Bros. Looking at Robert Pattinson For Batman role

VulcanRaven

A new rumor says that Warner might be considering Robert Pattinson to be the next Batman:

https://www.cbr.com/rumor-warner-bros-robert-pattinson-batman/

Fan artist BossLogic shared photoshopped artwork of Pattinson as Bruce Wayne on Twitter. However it was the popular fan artist's caption that started fueling rumors. "A choice that I never would have thought to try but been hearing some background chatter about Robert Pattinson being looked at," BossLogic wrote, "if the talks (source) are true then all of our predictions were wrong. This might be your new Bruce."

I haven't seen Twilight or any of his other movies so I don't know how to feel about this. What you guys think?

Last edited:
tenor.gif

flomp

Banned
I don't really see it, but I also thought Ledger being cast as the Joker was stupid (and was proven wrong.)

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Interesting...I was no fan of Twilight, but Robert Pattinson can actually act from a couple of other roles I've seen him in. If they go with this, hopefully it would be another surprise like Heath Ledger's Joker.

Uhtred

Maybe for a CW show yeah sure but for a movie?

Man I don’t know. Will reserve judgment.

Last edited:

megamerican

Pattinson has had two incredible performances in The Rover, and Good Times. People can sleep on him, but I think this would be a fantastic choice.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
this dude is actually legit as hell

Pattinson has had two incredible performances in The Rover, and Good Times. People can sleep on him, but I think this would be a fantastic choice.

amazing in cosmopolis too

i think he could definitely pull it off
b4829dd072d65e26e67e4f57276617dc.png

highrider

Banned
Robert is a legit actor, he’s been excellent in quite a few films and can do character as well as leading man. I support this choice.

bati

Interesting...I was no fan of Twilight, but Robert Pattinson can actually act from a couple of other roles I've seen him in. If they go with this, hopefully it would be another surprise like Heath Ledger's Joker.

He was pretty good in Rover (excellent movie btw, highly recommend it). Not everyone can pull off the role of a slow person.

JimiNutz

Banned
I think he's a pretty intense looking guy (in the face) and could definitely pull off the look if he buffs up a bit.
I have never actually seen him act in anything but have heard he's a legitimately good actor and think this could actually end up being a pretty inspired choice.

They weren't kidding when they said they wanted a younger Batman. I say this a great choice.

When it comes time for an official first look at Bruce, I imagine Robert will look a lot different than his usual self.

I think this "noir" Batman is going to be tied to Joaquin's joker universe.

Atrus

Gold Member
Nothing some “Hollywood training” couldn’t fix.

I hope they use voice overs for Batman’s voice rather than Christian Bales style of throat talking or Ben Afflecks Post-processed reverb.

I guess he has the chin for it. But he would need to pack on some serious weight from what I remember he is a bean poll.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I'm in the minority here (which makes sense, any casting for such an iconic role will stir some kickback), but I can actually see him doing a real good job. I'd still like to see Jake Gyllenhaal play the role (he's been shortlisted, like, twice!), but given how I hate Matt Reeves' writing and directing, maybe it's best I don't see him in that role just yet.

Jake can be intimidating. And he's played some physical roles so there's also that. Pattinson has neither of those on his record but what he does have is this introverted vampire-like quality to him.

Jake would probably lay out Pattinson if they were to fight. At this point Pattinson does not at all look like someone who can defend himself. But I'm sure that with some conditioning they can get him on par with Jake. There's no way Pattinson is doing this without a physical transformation.

Take Edward Norton.

This is him in Fight Club (looks like anyone can kick his ass):
52963b0369bedd0155aae1b0-750-375.jpg

Look how much more formidable he looks in American History X:
american-history-x.jpg

It may be hard to imagine now what Pattinson could become, but I think it will surprise people.

Last edited:
I'm in the minority here (which makes sense, any casting for such an iconic role will stir some kickback), but I can actually see him doing a real good job. I'd still like to see Jake Gyllenhaal play the role (he's been shortlisted, like, twice!), but given how I hate Matt Reeves' writing and directing, maybe it's best I don't see him in that role just yet.
For fuck sake, just give it to Jake.

aoJFk14.jpg

Yes, Jake Gyllenhaal would be a good pick.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
When I go back and see ed Norton in American History X now his physique is all pecs. His arms are tiny

JimiNutz

Banned
Pattinson is 6'1 and 32 years old.
He could easily pack on some size given the professional Hollywood steroid cycle + personal trainer + dietician treatment and look the part.
Gaining size for a young actor is not an issue.

VulcanRaven

I'm not sure if they would pick Jake Gyllenhaal. He is playing Mysterio in the next Spider-Man movie. DC might not like that he is in other cinematic universe.

Ellis

I'm not sure if they would pick Jake Gyllenhaal. He is playing Mysterio in the next Spider-Man movie. DC might not like that he is in other cinematic universe.

Mysterio is shit though. Dude deserves much better.

Batman is top 3 along with Superman and Spider-Man.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I like Robert Pattinson, but that would be terrible. It might even be worse than Bale, if such a thing is possible.

Top Bottom