• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paracelsus

Ookami-kun said:
That supposed leaked controller looks too generic.

Nintendo hasn't wholly nailed a pad since the SNES, a bigger Gamecube pad with a proper second analog stick and another shoulder button will be just fine.

swerve

Not *that* nicely done a fake.

In 'screen stream', what benefit is there in the machine streaming the same image from the TV, in quarters? That wouldn't even allow for 4-swords style gameplay.

The text says that players could determine their own camera angle, but why do you need a separate screen to do that if it is just sending the TV image to a handheld device.

I'm guessing they won't be bringing back the digital click on the triggers if the CC Pro is anything to go by.

But what do you guys wager the chances are of Nintendo finally embracing a depressable thumbstick?

Edit: Was just reminded that the CC Pro doesn't have true triggers at all. That's probably for price reasons/lack of necessity, so maybe there is a chance of them bringing back the GCN triggers in all their glory.

swerve

From The Dust said:
this makes absolutely no sense

It doesn't take much to decode the tenses.

'I wonder what IGN will say when all this bullcrap falls apart'

It's a very funny thought, really. If all this *is* bullshit...

robor

Fourth Storm said:
I'm guessing they won't be bringing back the digital click on the triggers if the CC Pro is anything to go by.

But what do you guys wager the chances or of Nintendo finally embracing a depressable thumbstick?

If it's true that they're after the upstream/upmarket, I'd say the chances are promising.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm actually wondering if certain sites (you know what I mean) have taken this rumors as facts... or at least try to word them out as "these are rumors but oh yeah facts!"

MYE

Paracelsus said:
Nintendo hasn't wholly nailed a pad since the SNES, a bigger Gamecube pad with a proper second analog stick and another shoulder button will be just fine.

Wii-Classic-Controller-Pro-Black-0.jpg

Fourth Storm said:

But what do you guys wager the chances or of Nintendo finally embracing a depressable thumbstick?

I don't see that happening, and I don't really mind either. I feel like pressing the thumbstick is a pain anyway. I would like to see them move to analog over digital buttons on the face of the controller though.

So where is this info from IGN that developers say it's a traditional controller with a touchscreen? On the podcast?

Anyone care to recap any info they relayed? I can't stand listening to that stuff.

swerve said:
Not *that* nicely done a fake.

In 'screen stream', what benefit is there in the machine streaming the same image from the TV, in quarters? That wouldn't even allow for 4-swords style gameplay.

Surely that would only be an example for Mario Kart, but yeah..

swerve

Door2Dawn said:
So do we know that pic is fake?

'Screen Stream' makes no sense in the context of how Nintendo have always used secondary controllers (ie, just showing what's on the screen? That's hardly a benefit to the gameplay).

The ability to change the camera angle independently doesn't require a separate screen.

Nintendo tend not to publish promotional material for development hardware - and wouldn't have any reason to show the hardware unit itself.

swerve

Graphics Horse said:
Surely that would only be an example for Mario Kart, but yeah..

But in Mario Kart, they would be more likely to use it for you to hide your weapon (perhaps let you hoard multiple weapons), show a rear-view, and let you place objects specifically on the map...

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Suzzopher said:
Classic Controller Pro needs to go fully wireless and include rumble then it take its throne as greatest controller.

If you had a choice to play a 3D game would it be with the GameCube button layout or the classic controller layout? GameCube layout is evolution man. Get with it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Suzzopher said:
Classic Controller Pro needs to go fully wireless and include rumble then it take its throne as greatest controller.

All of that and concave Y and X buttons like the American SNES had. Sogood.

heringer

Andrex said:
It's really the Dual Shock done right™.
I know Dual Shock gets a lot of hate, but it was always very confortable to me.

360 controller is probably the best though. Aside from the nunchuk + wiimote combo, which I personally love.

If this controller truly does end up using the Classic Controller Pro as a template, I will be very pleased. Aside from it being very lightweight with no force feedback, that bad boy is a fantastic controller.

Vinci

Danish
heringer said:
360 controller is probably the best though. Aside from the nunchuk + wiimote combo, which I personally love.

Of traditional pads, I think the 360's is the best also. I don't like Microsoft, but that has nothing to do with the controller.

RPGCrazied

thehillissilent said:
It shouldn't just "upscale", it should re-render the game at a higher resolution (like Dolphin on the pc), but I doubt they will do that.

I know. Sounds to good to be true, doesn't it? I have a fairly nice PC, but games still are glitchy on Dolphin. If they can make Wii games look like that on this system, I'll buy it at a high price.

swerve

Dissonance said:
Wtf is this?

The best reason for why everyone should abandon this thread until something official is released.

Although I'm sticking around now for the pre-revolution nostalgia ride :)

Paracelsus said:

You mean an Xbox360 controller with Nintendo's D-Pad. Hell yes that would rule. Xbox360 has the best controller ever.

MYE said:

Disgusting. Lets move the main joystick to where it should be. Not in the abomination that has like the PS3.

Threi

notag
heringer said:
Don't get the love for the Classic Controller Pro. To me it's a bad Dual Shock 3.

(please don't kill me)
- Better handles for one (something Sony controllers have NEVER gotten right)
- Properly spaced distance between analog sticks
- Better shoulder triggers (this was a moot point until DS3/Sixaxis unfortunately)
- Better dpad (CC = Okay, DS3/Sixaxis = Bad, X360 Pad = Awful)

onQ123

A.KU.MU said:
Fake.

Why?

Because that's no 6" screen.

kip.jpg

"Like anyone can even know that Napoleon"

you're looking at a picture you can't really tell if it's 6" or not

& besides 6" isn't really that big & it looks like it could be in the 4:3 format so the controller wouldn't be as wide as some people might think.

heringer

Threi said:
- Better shoulder triggers (this was a moot point until DS3/Sixaxis unfortunately)
Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Threi said:

Eh? I always thought the CC had the best Nintendo d-pad, or at least one of their very best. It's great, definitely the gold standard IMO.

As for the position, I do think that the d-pad is positioned perfectly on the "classic" controller, but I would like it switched with the first analog stick if it were to be the "real" controller. Nintendo probably agrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom