• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(RUMOR) Xbox 2 Update: Online Spectating, Trading Trophies & More

Clearly just a rumor, but the possibilities are interesting.

http://www.gamegossip.com/index.php#10092

By Andrew 'Talon' Wilson
Its been almost two weeks since we last posted any news on Xbox 2 (Xenon, Xbox Next, etc) but this morning, as this relatively busy (albeit standard Tuesday) pushes on, it seems more news has surfaced. Specifically, it looks as though the Xbox 2 will include a number of online gaming features not found on the current Xbox. While by itself about as shocking as someone mentioning that the sun will rise, a job posting for a Software Development Engineer on Microsoft's career page lists more than a few interesting bits to that effect. To that end, the listing asks for someone to help work on a "Spectator mode" for Xbox 2 games, a feature called "Xbox TV" (a feature that will include tickers for high scores and game highlights), and a tournament system with tradable trophies.

Further details on the position, for those interested in applying, can be found above. Stay with us, and our Xbox 2 mini-site, for more of the latest Xbox 2 information as it surfaces.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
I always thought spectator mode was a cool under-utilized idea. I wish there was a way to be a spectator without having to own the full game you know? I'd watch people play other stuff it I could just download to my Xenon HD a small viewer type app. There are definitely sports games, fps and racing games that I'd love to watch other people play.

sonycowboy said:
Lock. Ban. Delete. Flog. Rinse. Repeat as necessary.

Thanks.

How exactly do you repeat a ban if a ban has been done. Along that line of thinking, how do you repeat a thread locking. ;)

Top Bottom