• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox E3 info (Zombie game, Battletoads, Forza Horizon, AoE, more)

AAMARMO

Banned
A trailer for Xbox Daily and the Xbox Media Briefing will be published later today by Microsoft. It's already available on their servers. I can't give you details on how to get there though, sry. It will not feature anything too relevant but still one interesting new theme.
Only read further if you are fine with potential E3 spoilers!!!
People asked me what else I could catch from Xbox API etc. I will just share it now. Take these as rumors or whatever. I don't know what will be at E3 or whatever.
Rare is working on a new Battletoads
Sea of Thieves won't be a straight MMO, more like The Division/Destiny, seems like MS will give this game a huge focus, cross-play, cross-buy
FH3 set in Australia
General RAAM for Killer Instinct
Something Age of Empires (still not sure what exactly, prob new game)
Halo Wars 2 Beta is a thing, no cross-play mentioned
Zombie online game by MS, prob new State of Decay, could also be Dead Rising
Anniversary update will gets its own landing page on Xbox.com with the major features listed, prob "available now" at E3 for preview
That's all I have for now. Nothing on hardware, sry.

Update:
UPDATE JUNE 1TH
I kept searching all night. Again - and I really want to emphasize this - I'm just sharing the interesting tidbits, tags and pages I'm finding. As already stated above I don't know what will actually appear at E3, what will appear at Gamescom or what will never appear. As an example I'm seeing tons and tons of old Phantom Dust test play session logs. We all know that game never released and is on-hold. And no, I did not find anything new regarding this one. If it's coming back, they did it with a new ID. That said, I got some requests by you guys - so here are the results.
No relevant Banjo-Kazooie tags or connections, only older ones obviously.
References for mouse and keyboard Support found
I'm almost sure now on the new AoE game. Castle Siege has a different ID everywhere I found references.
There is a chance the zombie game is just DayZ. The exact title isn't listed (only genre tags etc) which is why I can't know it for sure.
Halo Wars 2 has tons of recent play session logs which lead me to the impression the Beta could be close.
Same for Crackdown 3.
Nothing for Crimson Skies, Project Gotham Racing, Jade Empire, Midtown Madness. Sry.
There are tons of Conker tags everywhere. The problem is: I can't find all of the connected IDs. We have Conker in Rare Replay, Young Conker by Asobo, Project Spark Conker. There is a chance there is also another Conker thing hidden here somewhere, but it's really difficult to find the correct ID. So I will just say: tons of Conker things. Doesn't have to mean anything, could be though.

Source:https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/4luugg/e3_teaser_trailer_coming_online_later_today/

Warxard

Banned
All of this stuff outside of Age of Empires was either known or heavily hinted already.

Still NEW AGE OF FUCKING EMPIRES LETS GOOOOO

ekim

The E3 teaser is real but it has no content about games. Just reiterates the dates of the conference and daily stuff. Only the design is interesting.

thuway

I'm super excited about a AAA Battletoads game. I'm imagining something a little zany, 3D, co-op and with a fighting engine like Arkham.

shandy706

I could come up with every single bit of that based on what we ALREADY know and on a few rumors.

Nothing new here.

Battletoads is probably wrong though. At most it would be an arcade game if it even shows up and I don't believe RARE is working on it.

GlamFM

Banned
Hmmm.... why would they reveal something like the new location for Horizon in a teaser prior to E3?

#Fake

#HopefullyNotFake

Playing Forza Horizon 3 at 60 FPS on PC will be a treat. I'm actually pretty curious about Battletoads, too. I enjoyed them growing up.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Hmmm.... why would they reveal something like the new location for Horizon in a teaser prior to E3?

#Fake

#HopefullyNotFake

He's not saying the FH3 reveal is in the teaser. Still, I'm very skeptical considering Reddit leaks never seem to turn out to be true.

Raven77

Battletoads....ughhhh I know people will be excited about it but I'd much rather have a new Banjo, or something else. I know we're getting Sea of Thieves but I am not convinced that it won't be trashed by it's online components.

ekim

Have you looked at it already?

Yes. Lots of blinking lighter green and lots of squares and corners. Some random drum and bass music is also to be heard.

Btw: DR4 is in the works. There you have it. Don't know if exclusive or being announced this E3 tho. But developed by Capcom Vancouver.

Yes. Lots of blinking lighter green and lots of squares and corners. Some random drum and bass music is also to be heard.

Btw: DR4 is in the works. There you have it. Don't know if exclusive or being announced this E3 tho. But developed by Capcom Vancouver.

Dead Rising 4 Better be on PS4. Still can't believe they pulled that shit with DR3 considering DR2 and Off the Record was on PS3.

Battletoads!! Call Marty Sliva!!! He will be joyful to hear that, mark my words.

Sea of Thieves sounds awesome. However it seems that the Shared World Games are hard to crack. Destiny and The Division both stumbled a bit. However The Taken King was pretty awesome.

FelipeMGM

Is it? I thought Capcom Vancouver was working in a new IP going by their tweets

They have been hiring a lot of people for the past two years, even for creative director positions, they must have at least two teams at this point.

I've heard from some Vancouver people with Capcom relations that they are working ''again on a zombie game'' and from that I made the assumption that must be DR4. Just a bit of info added to somewhat kind of logic I guess. This E3 will actually be interesting to see if this friend really knows stuff or is talking shit lol

State of Decay always had an MMO as one of the roadmaps for the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it was finally revealed at E3.

ironcreed

Banned
Sea of Thieves being like Destiny sounds pretty neat. Forza Horizon 3 being in Australia also works, but I would still prefer Norway. Anyway, I am hoping for something big beyond all of that.

Yeah, Class4 coming into fruition makes sense.
Battletoads make sense, but I don't see the franchise working in today's gaming world.

Wasn't there something about an Age of Empires trademark a few months back? I could've sworn I read that, but now I'm not seeing it. Must've been dreaming. This would make my life complete, though.

Halo Wars 2 beta. Cool.

Sea of Thieves being more Division-esque makes sense. I'm interested in learning more about the game.

SPDIF

Is that the "Get ready for #XboxE3" trailer that's currently on the XB1 dash? Sounds like it.

Trago

I've said it before, but if Microsoft would take the Age of Empires IP seriously with a new fully featured game, then I would take their PC gaming plans seriously. It would be a step in the right direction.

thuway

I've said it before, but if Microsoft would take the Age of Empires IP seriously with a new fully featured game, then I would take their PC gaming plans seriously. It would be a step in the right direction.

Agreed. Age of Empires, Halo Wars 2, and a major publisher pushing RTS games with flagship studios could really make a lasting impression even I'm not interesting in the genre. RTS fans are a lot like JRPG fans, where they are a fanbase that's loyal, driven, and extremely hungry for a quality title.

Top Bottom