• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xenoblade Chronicles X coming to Switch within first 6 months

Weebos

Banned
I would probably play it again, try out some different weapons and teammates. Hopefully there are some QoL improvements.

Blues1990

If this becomes an actual thing, I hope to god the sound mixing will be fixed, along with giving us options to adjust the various volume settings.

I'm absolutely fascinated by people who say there's no story to this game. Like, I almost didn't buy it because of these people and that would've been a shame because it's a HUGE FUCKING LIE. Game is PACKED with little side stories that develop Mira into a believable world.

Yeah. And even though I loved the first Xenoblade, I think XenoX little side stories work waaaaay better. I've been playing JRPGs for 30 years and I'm kind of tired of their big, epic plots.

Nicko

Would buy if they reduce the number of battle bikinis and female enemies barely clothed. I'm seriously sick of seeing how women are depicted in these games.

Hopefully seeking a wider audience would incentivize making said changes...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm absolutely fascinated by people who say there's no story to this game. Like, I almost didn't buy it because of these people and that would've been a shame because it's a HUGE FUCKING LIE. Game is PACKED with little side stories that develop Mira into a believable world.

That's because a lot of people just powered through the main story and never looked sideways. That's why you also get a good number of complains like "I had to grind a lot to be able to do Chapter 8". Because you didn't took your time to explore Mira and you didn't took the side quests and you didn't level up or gather items meanwhile.

Ridley327

That's because a lot of people just powered through the main story and never looked sideways. That's why you also get a good number of complains like "I had to grind a lot to be able to do Chapter 8". Because you didn't took your time to explore Mira and you didn't took the side quests and you didn't level up or gather items meanwhile.

Admittedly, for anyone looking for a curated experience of Mira, the story doesn't do a particularly great job of fleshing out any region beyond Sylvalum, and that one is only because chapter 10 has you fighting all around it.

But then, the biggest virtue of the game is how often is rewards you with some new area, some unseen tyrant, something for going off of the beaten path, and as much as some people don't like that, I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Logash

This and TMS#FE are two games that would get me to buy a Switch day 1. The main 2 games I regret missing since I didn't care much for the WIi U. Some people are really upset that the Switch is gonna get a ton of ports but for people like me who didn't own a Wii U personally, this is fantastic.

The End

Good!

XBCX was bursting at the seams on the Wii U, it struggled mightily against the technical limitations.

I'll double dip for sure

Galafar

Neo Member
I'd play again if they Yoshi-fi the map themes instead of that horrible rainbow song when flying on my skell and if they let you switch between jumping and flying. Such small and easy improvements would make the game dramatically better.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised everyone here is ignoring that Grasshopper has The Sliver Case coming out for Switch.

That stood out to me, but I didn't know enough about the game to say anything other than, "Wait, that sounds familiar..."

Some Nobody

This and TMS#FE are two games that would get me to buy a Switch day 1. The main 2 games I regret missing since I didn't care much for the WIi U. Some people are really upset that the Switch is gonna get a ton of ports but for people like me who didn't own a Wii U personally, this is fantastic.

I owned a Wii U but eventually I realized this was basically the only game I was willing to plop down $60 for. The rest were games that would've been worth $30 to me but Nintendo games don't drop in price. I would've shelled out for TMS#FE but I'd sold my Wii U by the time that came out.

The other major titles I wanted were on 3DS, so the Switch has had my interest from the moment the rumors started to solidify. Ports don't bother me either--I'd love to play XCX over again. I'm pretty curious as to what the presentation will show off but I'm almost definitely getting a Switch Year One.

Ricker

Finally started this game last week and I am loving it so far,finished chapter 5 yesterday...since its pretty certain I will get a Switch I wonder if I should stop now...my guys are only level 20 and I have Tokyo Mirage waiting also(not my WiiU).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Really? I literally fell asleep playing this game so many times I had to quit playing it. The gameplay was really boring.

Assuming you played OG xenoblade you cant possibly say that, XBX pretty much improves on almost everything from the the 1st xenoblade, minus some qol changes its so much faster and deeper now.

You can make your character anything you want its so open ended, its great.

Nerrel

Most people who played it agreed upon:

Story: XBC > XBX

Gameplay: XBX > XBC

I can see that, but I didn't like the story in XBC much. X's story and scenario interested me more, even if it wasn't as well told. And didn't have nearly as good of a soundtrack... Jesus.

If they could redo all of the characters, dialogue, voice acting, plot, music, and interface, then I'd definitely want to check this out.

EDIT: Oh, and let me control any character, and also bring back the AI routine stuff from chronicles.

Pokemaniac

If they could redo all of the characters, dialogue, voice acting, plot, music, and interface, then I'd definitely want to check this out.

EDIT: Oh, and let me control any character, and also bring back the AI routine stuff from chronicles.

You can control any character. Just put them at the front of the party.

Also, it's been a while since the I played the first game, but I don't recall any AI options from the first game that weren't in the second.

Top Bottom