• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xenoblade Chronicles X coming to Switch within first 6 months

Disclaimer: The list below is not everything the Switch has coming, this is just everything Laura Dale has sources on

Cxs0XohXcAQypsX.jpg:large

Of course coming from our lord and saviour Laura Kate Dale, she hasn't given a great deal of detail but tweeted the above image in addition to this:

Laura Kate Dale ‏@LaurakBuzz 1h1 hour ago
Xenoblade X I only have a single source but that's where I hear it fits. Zelda demo is also only single sourced.

I personally would love to see a sequel reusing the world of Mira similar to Pokemon Black and White 2 but either way it'll be great for more people to play this game. It's the best open world ever developed in my opinion.

Kanann

Writing's On The Wall

Now Xenoblade XX or Z when? I know that main team recruitment last year is not for mobile .

Zalman

Great game that deserves a bigger audience. Keep in mind this is single sourced though, and it's not an official LPVG report like the other rumors (at least not yet).

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Now everyone will think this is everything it will have. ∩( ・ω・)∩

Phoenixus

Hopefully some of the awkward elements have been altered, like the music playing over the voice acting in cutscenes. I'll happily give this another go for portable use.

What have you done, OP...

Like I said in the other thread, be prepared for a lot of people looking at this list you posted, thinking that's all that's coming this year, and shouting "WTF NINTENDO WHY IS EVERYTHING A PORT".

Kouriozan

Save file transfer pls pls, I'm almost 100% done with it and it would be amazing to finish it on the go.
Not going to start a new save after playing it for 100+ hours.

I just tried to fix that with an edit but people gonna be people

Like I said in the other thread, be prepared for a lot of people looking at this list you posted, thinking that's all that's coming this year, and shouting "WTF NINTENDO WHY IS EVERYTHING A PORT".

Yeah I'm hoping the bolded statement makes it clear now but I'm sure not everyone will read it

Getting pretty hyped for this software line up, to think Retro's Switch game(s?) haven't been leaked yet.
Hopefully PlatinumGames and FromSoftware will be within 2017 as well.

Never played as didn't have an additional hard-drive for the content installs. Bring on the WiiU ports!

Hope they fix those damn faces.

So why do we need to listen to her as well as Emily? She seems to have come from nowhere with Switch leaks since last week.

She and Emily nailed the Switch's reveal trailer before Nintendo acknowledged anything. They knew when it was coming, what was in it and what the system was. It seems their main sources are from Nintendo and Ubisoft.

While I love the idea, I couldn't bother re do the quests like find X amounts of ancient springs and all... will double dip if they allow save transfer though.

KNT-Zero

Imagine this incredibly small UI in a "portable" screen like the Switch.

It's been stated that the Switch's screen would be roughly the same size as the WiiU's GamePad, so it would proooobably not look amazing.

Mediking

This is GREAT news because the biggest reason why I didn't finish XCX on my Wii U was because I have got tired of playing my Wii U. Playing it on Switch actually sounds crazy good to me. So.... DAY ONE.

Imagine this incredibly small UI in a "portable" screen like the Switch.

It's been stated that the Switch's screen would be roughly the same size as the WiiU's GamePad, so it would proooobably not look amazing.

The UI doesn't look great in stills like this but it really isn't that bad. For instance that huge circle blocking the centre of the screen rarely appears and only stays on screen for a few seconds. I agree it need tidying up though.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I really love this rumour and I hope it's true. Playing Xenoblade X on the way to work is something I wanted since I got the game. I hope I can transfer my save somehow, but if not I will start it again and power through until I get the skells.

THAT'S IT?

IT'S ALL POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTZZZ

/jk

What are you doing? Do you realise that you actually started the discussion that you preemptively complain about? And this is a thread about Xenoblade X so your posts are even more misplaced?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nah, not buying it. Too many ports, seriously, too many.

It's a lot of ports but this is just Nintendo trying to salvage something from the carcass of the Wii U. These are all great games that were restricted to a tiny audience on a dead platform. They deserve another chance on a new platform. We are still getting new Zelda, Mario and Pikmin titles as well as the ports.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What are you doing? Do you realise that you actually started the discussion that you preemptively complain about? And this is a thread about Xenoblade X so your posts are even more misplaced?
Did you miss the big fucking picture or only read thread titles?

NeonZ

I'd buy the port if they add one extra continent or extra story chapters to resolve the cliffhanger ending. New party members would be welcome too.

Hopefully they change the font so the text is actualy readable.

The entire UI has to be redesigned, it was a hot mess.

They need to balance the audio a little better and make those scenes where all you can do is stand around and move the camera a little more engaging. The latter complaint isn't actually so bad, the vocals just need to be louder than the music.

Malakai

Save file transfer pls pls, I'm almost 100% done with it and it would be amazing to finish it on the go.
Not going to start a new save after playing it for 100+ hours.

This is my main issue with the ports. No save transfer what so ever. Look at Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U, Nintendo did't even think to implement that for 3DS and Wii U. The same can be said for Hyrule Warriors and Super Mario Maker for the Wii U and 3DS. If Capcom could do it with Monster Hunter 3U with the 3DS and Wii U, I'm sure Nintendo could have had figure out something for the 3DS and Wii U for save transfers.

vareon

So why do we need to listen to her as well as Emily? She seems to have come from nowhere with Switch leaks since last week.

Basically, what she and Emily did was finding rumors from various sources, verify it to the point that they're confident enough (Laura's method seemed to be verifying it from multiple sources) to post it as rumors. I don't believe any of them had any intention of lying. If they are wrong, it's simply due to the nature of an unannounced work in progress.

Rymuth

I just started this game yesterday (so immersive, shoulda played it sooner) now I'm curious if I should've waited for the Switch port.

Ah well~

Top Bottom