• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Dataminer Uncovers SNES Games For Nintendo Switch Online Service

PSFan

OMG THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY OTHER WAY TO PLAY THESE GAMES ANYWHERE ELSE OMG.

This was a novel feature 10 years ago when they did it on the Wii. Not anymore.

Very true. Between my WiiU, NES and SNES classics and 3DS, I can fire any of those games up right now if I wanted to.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
The allure of portability is still something I appreciate. I have a raspberry pi which is a 1000 times better then what Nintendo has ever offered, but that sits under my tv. Taking smash ultimate and being able to play a handful of great NES and SNES games wherever? Amazing!

tkscz

OMG THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY OTHER WAY TO PLAY THESE GAMES ANYWHERE ELSE OMG.

This was a novel feature 10 years ago when they did it on the Wii. Not anymore.

e26.jpg

Anywho, There are far more SNES titles I would love to play with other people online than there are SNES titles. But we still NEED N64 titles on there. Online play with N64 multiplayer would be the best!

StormCell

So, is this still a rumor or is it confirmed that this data exists in the latest Switch update?

Last edited:

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
So, is this still a rumor or is it confirmed that this data exists in the latest Switch update?

Those games names are 100% in the updates text, but at this point that doesn’t mean anything.

Didn’t people find additional games in the PSX Classic code that never came to be? Could be exactly the same thing here.

Last edited:

Fbh

Cool and hopefully they come sooner rather than later.

Maybe if in a few years they have a decent selection of retro games (at leas up until the N64) the subscription might be worth it. Because I don't see their actual online service being worth the price anytime soon

StormCell

Those games names are 100% in the updates text, but at this point that doesn’t mean anything.

Didn’t people find additional games in the PSX Classic code that never came to be? Could be exactly the same thing here.

Yeah, there are plenty of unknowns around the data. It could even just be a text file that was mistakenly checked in to the repo. But at least it shows that they've not moved on and totally forgotten about it.

iconmaster

Banned
Dumb. I don’t want a subscription to Super Metroid that could end whenever Nintendo decides to rotate it out of the lineup. I want Super Metroid on my Switch permanently.

Top Bottom