• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Dualsense lasts 10-12 hours

bitbydeath

I have information on the dualsense, and its from the person who leaked the dualsense

Its from u/viper_on_fire, the person who had the dualsense in hands and posted it in this subreddit, but then deleted it. they tried the controller and he told me what he felt with it The Buttons: The D-pad and the main buttons feel similar to the dualshock 4 with no differences overall However, the Touchpad does feel more responsive and clicky as he tried it. The triggers are interesting, the L1 and R1 dont click, they push down as they're triggers, the L2 and R2 however, felt harder to push down than normal, even without the tension points activated. Battery Life: They noted that it averaged around 3 to 4 hours more than the dualshock 4 The Comfort of it: They noted that it is much more comfortable than the dualshock 4 and less bulky overall, they even noted that it was more comfortable than the Xbox one controller in thier eyes. Haptic Feedback and the Microphone: They told me that they didnt get a chance to play with those features around, however they did tell me that they would try it in a later point and that they would notify me. Other Stuff: The Lightstrip is much dimmer than the dualshock 4's lightbar They also noted that PSVR wont support this controller due to not having a lightbar. Note: i had to delete the previous one due to the fact he didnt like to reveal himself, now that he got to, i decided to repost it

EDIT: Still dont believe me? this video is his hands on of the controller, the one he deleted

10-12 hours... Why can't they put proper batteries in the controller or create something that doesn't drain it that quickly

Nuclear battery?

Even DS4 lasts fine.

Just have cradle and few controllers = always one full

You say like they do it on purpose, which would be silly

But why can't they fix the biggest issue since the PS1? The analog stick positioning.

Wrong thread for that, it is xbox with retarded stick postition.

Do you have different sized hands? No, then stop fucking trolling this same question on every Playstation controller thread you sad cunt.

Last edited:

BigLee74

"more comfortable than the xbox controller in their eyes"

LOL. Who the fuck wrote that and what does it even mean? Were they playing with xbox controllers embedded in their eyes, because yeah, that's gonna be uncomfortable. 😂😂😂

Tell you what bitbydeath, try not posting a crap quote that references xbox, then you may not get comments from xbox fans. But I'll just say what everyone else is gonna say. 10-12 hours is shit!

TLZ

Banned
"more comfortable than the xbox controller in their eyes"

LOL. Who the fuck wrote that and what does it even mean? Were they playing with xbox controllers embedded in their eyes, because yeah, that's gonna be uncomfortable. 😂😂😂

Tell you what bitbydeath, try not posting a crap quote that references xbox, then you may not get comments from xbox fans. But I'll just say what everyone else is gonna say. 10-12 hours is shit!

065.gif

Codes 208

So I only need to charge it every other day instead of every day. That’s an improvement I guess?

still a farcry from my xbox/switch controllers lasting nearly a week before needing a charge/battery replacement.

Last edited:
Some people like one controller over the other, I bet everyone can (or could) play fine with both but no, muh controller is better. Jeez.

@topic, I mean 10-12h is an improvement but it still isn't much.
(Coming from a Sony Fan btw)

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Nuclear battery?

Even DS4 lasts fine.

Just have cradle and few controllers = always one full

You say like they do it on purpose, which would be silly
I'm saying they are cutting corners to get bigger margins on it and make a bigger profit. DS4 doesn't last fine...

Compare them to the controllers of their competitors and then you see it's shit.
  • Swith Pro - 40 hours
  • Xbox Elite 2 - 40 hours
  • Xbox One - 30 hours

Nymphae

Banned
I'm rotating between 3 DS4's that have nearly dead batteries, each one lasts me the few hours I'll be playing for a sesh and then I plug it in when I'm done and use another one the next time. Controller battery life is an absolute non-issue for me. I'd honestly prefer it if they went back to wired controllers so I didn't have a bluetooth transmitter on top of my balls every time I play a game. But I want to run around and do cartwheels while I play videogames, wireless is progress! Could not care less. Like when I think of what the benefits are of wireless controllers, the main one is "you don't trip over the wire", I'm not a retard and wired stuff works fine for me, doesn't require charging and you can use a wired controller forever if you don't break it.

Last edited:

Mmnow

This is a big improvement! Happy to see it, especially considering the controller's new features.

I was hoping for batteries. I don't want a crappy plastic controller cradle on display, and wires are annoying. I'll likely only get one dualsense at launch, so if it runs out, I have to wait for it to charge.

But this seems like a fair compromise, so long as the battery keeps quite well. Here's hoping.

turtlepowa

Banned
I just hope that Sony somehow forces developers yo implement touchpad, force triggers and haptic feedback in their games.
They can only "force" them with money. It's extra work for the devs without benefit. Look at this gen, Sony is absolutely dominating and nobody implements the internal speaker or the touchpad. Next gen i don't see Sony dominate that much and so i guess we will see those features only in first party games or in games Sony has a deal with.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Improvement, but still weak. Pro Controller on Switch is 40 hours. The issue I have with Sonys controllers of late are all the fucking gimmicks they put in that drain the battery.

Light bar? Blowing into the controller? Speakers?

Shit barely gets used. Drop it and improve the battery. At least this time, Dualsense will have a sleek looking charger station so with a second controller it will mitigate the issues. But I still have to shell out 100 bucks probably for all of that.

shaddam

I never had problem with the ds4 before. I'm playing a lot of thusima lately, but never run out of battery. Okay I admit every few hours I need to take a piss, scratch my back etc so i just plug in the ds4 for a little bit

"We only created the fastest console for next gen but not the fastest draining battery of your controller" - Sony

This is certainly welcome news and it also aligns with previous official interviews that have confirmed that DualSense features a bigger battery compared to DualShock4. Even the product manager Toshimasa Aoki San acknowledged that part.

xrnzaaas

My controller usually feels worn out by then and I have to buy a new one.
That depends on your expectations, in my opinion controllers should be more durable especially if you're not playing fighting games or other demanding ones. I was disappointed with the quality of both PS4 & XONE controllers. Meanwhile my X360 controller lasted longer than an entire generation without causing any issues or showing any significant wear.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I'm very happy to hear that L1 and R1 aren't clicky, that annoys me to no end on any controller that has it (Xbox, Steam) and I don't know why I'm in such a niche to care about it. I don't need feedback from the controller to know I've pressed a button. That's what the game is - outputs from my inputs.

#FuckTheClick

ZywyPL

Banned
Was expecting DS4 battery life, if not worse, so that's a welcome surprise. Still far from the competition tho, SixAxis was also 30-40h if I remember correctly. IMO the extra features should be turned on only when you're playing a game that actually utilizes them.

Here comes the Xbox trolls with nothing better to do.

"Your beef is with Sony".

Last edited:

bitbydeath

That's such a weak argument when you know the battery life is 3x as worse as the ones from their competitors. Maybe you can just fairly call out Sony on this?

Because it beats having to open the controller and change batteries.

Do you really game for 10-12 hours straight?

If you don’t then Sony is in a much better position as it can charge when your not using it.

Top Bottom