• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: EBGames taking pre-orders for Donkey Kong 3D?

I'm assuming this will be like Donkey Kong 64 if they make it 3D and I'd really rather prefer it to be like the 3D classics type of 3D so the game can stay 2D style view. It's going to be the latter, then I hope it's true.

Dishwalla

Banned
Still holding out hope for a portable DKCR(similar to the Donkey Kong Land games of yesteryear). Maybe that's what this is?

GaussTek

I'm so hyped.

Love DK, whatever it is... a new DKC, a DKC collection, or just DK64... WILL BUY.

Hell I'll even take a new DK from PAON hahahaha
#NOT

LOCK

Probably true in some form, though GS is probably just speculating. Probably for next March or something.

KillGore

What's more surprising to me is the fact that EB Games still exists. When GameStop bought EB Games (how is that not monopoly?) all the stores around me where changed into GameStops.

zroid

Banned
What's more surprising to me is the fact that EB Games still exists. When GameStop bought EB Games (how is that not monopoly?) all the stores around me where changed into GameStops.

In Canada, GameStop originally never existed, so even after the merger EBGames remained the more prominent brand. For a while they co-existed, but recently (like a few months ago), they've systematically eliminated the GameStop brand, and it's all EBGames now.

(PS you can tell OP is Canadian because of "rumour" lol)

KillGore

In Canada, GameStop originally never existed, so even after the merger EBGames remained the more prominent brand. For a while they co-existed, but recently (like a few months ago), they've systematically eliminated the GameStop brand, and it's all EBGames now.

(PS you can tell OP is Canadian because of "rumour" lol)

Ahh I see, thank you :)

(also, don't British people write it as "rumour" too? are there Gamestops in the UK?)

salromano

I just called my local GameStop and another store in Jersey (I'm not in Jersey) still named EB Games. Both didn't have any Donkey Kong 3D listed under 3DS for pre-order.

But by the looks of it, the image was taken at an EB Games in Australia - considering the ACB ratings on the other boxes:

dXRVQ.jpg

So someone in Aussie Land should give their local EB a call and ask if its in their system.

bryanee

If its real I do hope its not a remake of DK64. It was the first Rare game I couldnt be arsed finishing, so freaking much to collect it became a chore. Horrible game.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I hope it's like DKC:R. That was one of the best games I've played in the past 10 years.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I liked DKC:R, but for some reason I didn't love DKC:R. It wasn't even the weird control scheme, but something else in terms of game/level design. I liked the game, and I definitely had fun with it. Something didn't quite hit the high note of my favorite SNES DKC stuff. (1>>3>>>2 IMO).

zroid

Banned
I liked DKC:R, but for some reason I didn't love DKC:R. It wasn't even the weird control scheme, but something else in terms of game/level design. I liked the game, and I definitely had fun with it. Something didn't quite hit the high note of my favorite SNES DKC stuff. (1>>3>>>2 IMO).

lol. 2>>3>1 for me. I'd put DKCR somewhere between 2 and 3

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Was there ever a confirmation at E3 or something of a DK game for the 3DS?

Wiz

I hope this is real. Don't play with my emotions EBGames.

However, the Smash Bros 3DS "Coming 2012" next to it is just lol worthy.

Was there ever a confirmation at E3 or something of a DK game for the 3DS?

DK was listed as one of the franchises that was currently in development for the 3DS when they first revealed the thing in E3 2010. Of course, most of the other games they listed turned out to be vaporware.

EDIT - Or maybe not. I could've sworn that "Donkey Kong 3D" was one of the games listed, but I guess not. I do know that gamefaqs put up a page for it at that time, though: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997843-donkey-kong-3d-working-title

While I would love to see a 3D classics rendition of the original country trilogy, this is probably not it. For this, as others have said, a follow up to DK64 with BK inspired collectathon goodness would be tre cool.

The M.O.B

Shouldn't it be Donkey Kong Land like the gameboy ones?

Ps. Nintendo needs to start release the DKL games on the 3ds virtual console ASAP.

The M.O.B

Wonder if it's a new 3D game, a 3D port of DK64, or a 3D port of DKC Returns.

I'd be all over DKC Returns IF it has a few more worlds.
Nintendo usually doesn't do console to handheld ports. I think diddy kong racing on the ds was one of the last ones they did. And that was like 5 years ago.

Of course they did port the DKC series to GBA awhile back.

Somebody will probably bring up Oot3d as a port but whatever

Wiz

Shouldn't it be Donkey Kong Land like the gameboy ones?

Ps. Nintendo needs to start release the DKL games on the 3ds virtual console ASAP.
I see it being one of two things if true.

-A 3D remake of the DK64, which I would love to be a thing.
-Or a "Donkey Kong 3D Land" which is probably more likely.

Tucah

you speak so well
Nintendo usually doesn't do console to handheld ports. I think diddy kong racing on the ds was one of the last ones they did. And that was like 5 years ago.

Of course they did port the DKC series to GBAb awhile back.

Ocarina of Time? Star Fox 64?

Well, technically "enhanced ports," since the spruced up graphics for Zelda and Starfox are pretty amazing. :D

I'm not so sure how I'd feel about DK64. I didn't play much of it but I don't ever remember enjoying that game. I kind of hope it's not another 64 port but something new from Retro.

By the way, could this be the rumored NST game that's in development or was that something else since they did work on Mario VS Donkey Kong.

The M.O.B

If it's a remake of Dk64 with a locked 30 fps then ill take it. Those 64 games all had unbearable framerate problems, I just didn't care when I was a kid.

If anything I was a sucker for all those collect-athon 64 games like DK and Banjo.

jonno394

I don't know why there are so many people calling for a port of DK64, I'm hoping this is a brand new retro developed/inspired handheld Donkey Kong game, if so it surely must be another "must own" for the 3DS.

All this talk of Wii games getting 3DS sequels, i'd love another Epic Yarn, doesn't even have to be Kirby related.

Top Bottom