• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR: Eight Days Revealed to Public in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basch

Gamesblow MySpace Blog said:
Again!!

What I know...

- It has a new name... No I do not know it.. but it's not going to be called Eight days no more.

- It is not going to be a digital distributed game as previously thought. I.E. 1 day is a chapter released over a set period of time on the PSN. They might do this, but they have a full retail version.

- The release date is set for October of 08

- The game takes place across 8 different states and 8 days.

- You play as 1 of 2 characters... both have their own story line and both have their own abilities and specialties and what not. 1 character is a bad guy... The other a good guy. The bad guy is out for revenge on his former mob team who left him out to dry and the other is a detective who's son has been kidnapped by the mod syndicate. The two join up to get revenge or what ever.

- The animation system is like nothing you've ever seen. It even rivals that of Uncharted if you go off the dev's.

- It'll be the 1st game to ever implement Google mapper into it's core mechanics.

- The game has real time day to night. If you play at night, the game will be set at night. If you play in the day... It'll be played in the day. So forth and so on.

- The game pushes you on instead of back... The game is so expansive that you literally have no time to go back. It's all forward and you'll never revist a location. You're constantly on the move. That doesn't mean you can't go back the way you came, it just means you're better off going on your way as time and meeting new people is crucial and setting up new events leads to your ultimate goal.

for instance, if you miss a contact in "said" location and town... you'll have to try and catch up to them before its too late.

They said... Think of it as an action [movie]. A non stop ride from start to finish. We want you always moving and going and not expecting what's next.

---

I've got some more to post about it so I'll come back to it but I really wanted to post this info so there ya go. Look for the offical statement in the coming weeks... I'm so jacked about this game, even more than I was.

This is going to be the defining game for the Ps3 and next gen gaming as a whole... WOW!

FULL ARTICLE HERE

Make of it what you will. Personally, I am left speechless. I know not to trust blog sites, but at the same time Eight Days is all too enticing. I'll take it as a grain of salt and eagerly hope that said blogger is indeed correct. :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Big-E said:
Which one is Eight Days again? Was it that one that had some footage in a diner or something?

Yeah.

Is there any reason we should believe this site? Do they have any track record?

The last rumblings on this were that it was on ice for the moment, I thought.

Dama said:
Could this be the secret PS3 game?

No, that's an 09 game
called Heavy Rain.

pswii60

This is the same blog that said some amazing secret Streets-of-Rage type game was getting unveiled at GDC (EDIT: Tears of Blood), and the same blog that got that thread locked.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241356&highlight=gamesblow

Other posts from the blog include:

New Xbox System Nov 13th 2009 - "You'd have to be stoned to buy it"
"N4G trying to silence me" (lol)
Microsuck will announce an add on for the xbox 360 this week at GDC or shortly after.. The add on will enable you to play blu-rays thru the xbox 360.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9818480&postcount=28

So, bullshit :/

EDIT: Also, that last thread made Sp0rsk post the following. Did everyone decide to ignore him?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241363
With GDC beginning in just a few days, I've noticed a jump in threads about crazy rumors. While posting rumors is totally OK and actually encouraged, it would be nice if you could check your sources before you post them.

There are sites out there that exist simply to make shit up and stir the pot, and they are pretty easy to spot. So if you get a rumor from somewhere else, check that site; it shouldn't take long to do. You can gauge a site's credibility pretty easily just by checking a few other articles they've posted. If you see some megaton about Microsoft buying Sega at some website, and then on the same page you see an editorial called "Why Nintendo Wii is for fat losers", they probably aren't too credible and you might want to skip on posting your newly found megaton. If not for the sake of good journalism, do it for your own reputation and ability to make new threads.

That is all.

PS: Read the FAQ forum you douchebags

THIS IS BULLSHIT YOU FOOLS! I will say I told you so.

traveler

Not Wario
Big-E said:
Which one is Eight Days again? Was it that one that had some footage in a diner or something?

Yeah. Fortunately, the details here look much more interesting than that trailer from a while back did. (Assuming it is true)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
pswii60 said:
This is the same blog that said some amazing secret Streets-of-Rage game was getting unveiled at GDC, and the same blog that got that thread locked.

Well that answers my question!

Firewire

Banned
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Please be true, please be true! (I've been waiting so looong!)

deepbrown

Basch said:
Make of it what you will. Personally, I am left speechless. I know not to trust blog sites, but at the same time Eight Days is all too enticing. I'll take it as a grain of salt and eagerly hope that said blogger is indeed correct. :D
Before one of gamesblows predictions is proved right, I would not trust him Basch.

itxaka

Defeatist
- You play as 1 of 2 characters... both have their own story line and both have their own abilities and specialties and what not. 1 character is a bad guy... The other a good guy. The bad guy is out for revenge on his former mob team who left him out to dry and the other is a detective who's son has been kidnapped by the mod syndicate. The two join up to get revenge or what ever.

Isn´t that the same as K&L?

Busty

Banned
Hey, the guy was right about Tears of Blood.

A Sony Cambridge developed game being published by SOE. That was amazing.

*gulps Schnapps*

Victrix

*beard*
"- The game has real time day to night. If you play at night, the game will be set at night. If you play in the day... It'll be played in the day. So forth and so on."

Hated this in WoW, still hate it. Lame, annoying concept.

Basch

Wollan said:
*yawns*

Let Eight Days be unveiled before you give anymore thought to it.

Remember that time when Resistance 2 was first revealed and we caught the info before the morning explosion the day after. We were so innocent. We didn't want to believe in fear our hearts would be broken. Shall we do so again? :lol I will cover my eyes. Plus, I don't know who the hell this blogger is, but, admittedly, it gave my heart a jump start.

Kittonwy

Banned
Yesterday some foo tried to blast me saw teh police and rolled right past me.
Indifferent2.gif

pswii60

Basch said:
Remember that time when Resistance 2 was first revealed and we caught the info before the morning explosion the day after. We were so innocent. We didn't want to believe in fear our hearts would be broken. Shall we do so again? :lol I will cover my eyes. Plus, I don't know who the hell this blogger is, but, admittedly, it gave my heart a jump start.
The blogger is the same blogger who said SOE (lol) would reveal an 'amazing' Sony Cambridge game called Tears of Blood at GDC. And he was right, Tears of Blood is amazing, can't wait.

By the way, Is Sony having a Playstation event this year?

There's still lots of games that really haven't been seen since forever :\

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
DMPrince said:
By the way, Is Sony having a Playstation event this year?

There's still lots of games that really haven't been seen since forever :\

It was today actually. The next event is E3 if I'm not mistaken, followed by Gamers Day.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
ehh w/e I don't believe it. This game got me SO PUMPED when I saw the trailer at e3 06, but nothing since then. Seriously they really need to show off the getaway/eight days it has been forever.

For the people who say the 09 game is heavy rain i strongly disagree with this. First off we've seen it already(although it was amazing), second off phil harrison supposedly denied its existence at first... how could he do that if we all know it exists? Seriously it can't be a mystery game if we know it exists already.

Holy shit, that sounds awesome as fuck. I REALLY hope it is true, even coming from a ... Myspace blog? :(

Yeah, I know... but I want ANYTHING about this game so hard that I can´t lower my expectations. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom