• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] Games with Gold for March 2016 leaked

Chris1

Xbox One
1st March - 31st March - Crimes and Punishments: Sherlock Holmes
16th March - 15th April - Lords of the Fallen

Xbox360
1st March - 15th March - Supreme Commander 2
16th March - 31st March - Borderlands.
Source: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-live-games-with-gold-march-2016-2398181

He's posted accurate leaks twice before (Sept & November 2015) and Sherlock Holmes was leaked in the same way that Hand of Fate was, so it seems pretty likely that it's true but as always grain of salt.

speedomodel

Lords of the Fallen for me. Hopefully Borderlands DLC works so I can finally clean that up as well...

Pretty great month, if you ask me.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Crimes and Punishments: Sherlock Holmes is one of those interesting games I want to buy but never get around to doing so. Borderlands is pretty sweet too.

Arzehn

Lords of the Fallen? Haven't been following but has Xbox been getting AAA's for a while now? Come on Sony.

Montresor

The Sherlock Holmes game is brilliant. It's incredible how that kind of a no-name game has such wonderful production values.

The graphics and animations are really good, and the investigations you perform are interesting, satisfying, compelling. Great choice for GWG.

Walpurgis

Banned
Lords of the Fallen is very nice. It's basically the kind of game I'd like to play but not enough to buy. Couldn't care less about the other stuff.

xrnzaaas

I wouldn't be surprised if LotF appeared in PS+ this year as well. It dropped in value pretty quickly and I bet that CI Games would want more people to know of this new IP (and to get more money of course ;)).

Chris1

Lords of the Fallen? Haven't been following but has Xbox been getting AAA's for a while now? Come on Sony.

There's an AAA every couple of months usually for XB1. In 2015 there was Rayman Legends, AC Black Flag, MGS Ground Zeroes, Tomb Raider: DE and Thief.

I just finished Crimes and Punishments this week and it is a really good game. It isn't overly long and all the cases are fairly unique to each other. I would definitely recommend anyone wanting to play something different to give at least the first case a shot.

Walpurgis

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if LotF appear in PS+ this year as well. It dropped in value pretty quickly and I bet that CI Games would want more people to know of this new IP (and to get more money of course ;)).
I don't think that's enough. There are a lot of cheap games from launch and after that we haven't seen.

mclem

Lords of the Fallen is an intriguing one. It feels about right, and it's one I've been vaguely interested in but not really enough to commit to a purchase.

Warxard

Banned
Lords of the Fallen? Damn, what a grab.

Hand of Fate and Styx have been servicing me more than enough, but goddamn LotF is a great Games with Gold pick.

GeeTeeCee

Sherlock Holmes is actually a surprisingly decent game. It's nice to have a game involving detective work that doesn't hold your hand the whole time (with the exception of the tutorial case).

Chris1

Sherlock Holmes is actually a surprisingly decent game. It's nice to have a game involving detective work that doesn't hold your hand the whole time (with the exception of the tutorial case).
Yeah Sherlock is always a game that grabs my attention during sales and what not but never enough to pull the trigger. LOTF is another interesting game that a lot of people were upset they missed the $10 glitch a few month ago. Both are great picks for XB1.

Bought Lords of Fallen on the cheap in a previous sale but will gladly welcome Sherock Holmes...is it like the 360 games? I loved those

Edit: ah ya I got LotF during that $10 glitch that's what it was

firelogic

There's an AAA every couple of months usually for XB1. In 2015 there was Rayman Legends, AC Black Flag, MGS Ground Zeroes, Tomb Raider: DE and Thief.

All games that have been on PS+ already. It's funny to see people complain about PS+ vs GwG but all the "AMAZING" GwG offerings you speak of have mostly been on PS+ in the past. Just because you missed the boat doesn't make PS+ garbage.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Lords of the Fallen has just had a digital release of the Complete Edition this week with all the DLC. Seems abit weird no?

BurningHunter

Neo Member
Definitely looking forward to playing Crimes & Punishments the most since it was a PS+ game for PS3 a while back, but it looked and ran like total garbage and I just couldn't be bothered to keep playing that version after the first case. Really enjoyed my time with it besides the technical issues, though.

Bought Lords of Fallen on the cheap in a previous sale but will gladly welcome Sherock Holmes...is it like the 360 games? I loved those

Edit: ah ya I got LotF during that $10 glitch that's what it was
I only played Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper and felt Crimes and Punishments was a huge improvement over it. Mostly in the graphics and the game play department.

Both Lords of the Fallen and Sherlock Holmes are quite expensive games. Sherlock Holmes was on PS+... but it was the PS3 version.

PS4 Plus though? You are only going to get cheap indies and you will like them! First place Sony doesn't give a shit.

All games that have been on PS+ already. It's funny to see people complain about PS+ vs GwG but all the "AMAZING" GwG offerings you speak of have mostly been on PS+ in the past. Just because you missed the boat doesn't make PS+ garbage.

Only Ground Zeroes from that list has been on PS+ on PS4. PS3 games don't count as GWG has had those on Xbox One and PS4 is not backwards compatible.

Oh so when its GwG Ground Zeros is AAA.

sorta joking, this lineup is awesome and I want LotF

Good to see MS giving away big retail games.

And the Holmes games are great and this seems like a great way to expose people to them.

Nice to see some big games there that actually interest me, and that's not a dig at indies or anything. Wish Sony would do the same sometimes.

J_Viper

This is actually a solid month. It's been a while since we've gotten some retail games, no?

PS4 Plus though? You are only going to get cheap indies and you will like them! First place Sony doesn't give a shit.

MS is just as guilty.

Just look at Zheroes and Hand of Fate. It doesn't get anymore shovelware than that

Top Bottom