• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: GameStop No Longer Taking Xbox One Pre-Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandemic

I'll post this as rumour for now, lock if old, search came up with nothing...
Shortly after Microsoft and Sony held their E3 press conferences on June 10, GameStop had pre-order SKUs in their system for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 respectively. With price points and launch windows announced, both systems were available for consumers to reserve almost immediately. Just over a week later, the pre-order SKU for Xbox One has been removed from GameStop’s system corporate-wide without explanation.

As of this morning, GameStop management has confirmed that they are not currently taking reserves on Xbox One. No official explanation has been given for the removal of the SKU at this time, and GameStop has not clarified whether or not they will re-open the reserve list at a later time. PlayStation 4 is still available for reserve, and Sony recently announced that GameStop has pledged to buy every PlayStation 4 they can get their hands on.

Source

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
From the other thread it sounds like they ran out of allocated units for preorder.

Edit: yeah, beaten

Striek

If true its probably supply related, I doubt its Gamestop feuding with MS or whatever.

Or maybe they're going to revise price/SKUs who knows.

MechaX

For what it's worth, Xbox One preorder offers are still plastered all across GameStop's website. Assuming that this is true, I wonder when they'll start removing stuff/refunding people who come in "after" the cutoff.

Valnen

Hopefully it's because they refused to downclock the system and are having issues mass producing it for the time being. An even weaker Xbox One would be bad new for multi-platform titles.

imBask

Banned
wait, are we going to war... and align ourselves with gamestop? is this happening? what is this, whats going on i'm confused, and scared, and confused

Meelow

Banned
Hopefully it's because they refused to downclock the system and are having issues mass producing it for the time being. An even weaker Xbox One would be bad new for multi-platform titles.

But wouldn't they have to delay the system till 2014 for them to do that?

Anyway, the Xbox One will probably see small shipments this year...A good strategy as well.

shandy706

My closest GameStop ran out of preorders the same day as the E3 conference. They had 200 slots available. The one a town over ran out the day after (I called both...amazingly they too said 200 slots)

Amir0x

Banned
Oh man if they cut the price on XBO and drastically change DRm strategy or something absurd

would be like the biggest win for consumers in... god. forever

/headintheclouds

My closest GameStop ran out of preorders the same day as the E3 conference. They had 200 slots available. The one a town over ran out the day after (I called both...amazingly they too said 200 slots)

You sure you don't live in a city? 200 slots sounds like a ton for a single Gamestop.

wwm0nkey

Do you live in a city area? Most GameStops got 20-25 including mine, the largest one in my district only got 65.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The store I was in last Friday said they had plenty slots left. I guess a bunch of people saw the TitanFall trailer this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom