• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: GBA games finally coming to the Nintendo eshop?

JazzmanZ

Courtesy of Drsnaz on this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42780413&postcount=171

I just found out something interesting. NoE uploaded the boxarts of three GBA games on their press server.

40180.jpg

Since today was announced another Nintendo direct it could very likely be that Nintendo announces gba games for the eshop on thursday. The games are:

Super Mario Ball
Mario Golf Advance Tour
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga

I hope that this is really true and is not a mistake again.

source

Hopefully this means a possible Mother 3 port for the US
yeah right

Randdalf

BE TRUE

I played Advance Tour to death, fully upgraded both my golfers, such a fun game. Superstar Saga as well.

senador

Banned
I think they should be throwing SNES and GBA games up on the e-shop. I would buy LTTP, and the Donkey Kong Country games in seconds.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I think before getting new games to the eshop.

they should make the menu decent.

it's so fucking horrid.

Superstar Saga good? Only played Partners in Time. Either way I wouldn't get too excited... best to be pessimistic. Still find it hard to believe NoA putting up a GBA page was a mistake.

corn_fest

Superstar Saga, huh? The best game in the Mario & Luigi series for sure. Hopefully this turns out to be true.
How would scaling from the GBA resolution work on the 3DS anyway? Would it be able to do true 2x?

ffdgh

I'll believe it when I see it....tho the thought of playing super star saga again fills me with joy.

TimmiT

It would be pretty awesome if I could buy Superstar Saga on my 3DS, I played the Mario & Luigi DS games but never played the GBA one.

Platy

GBA has one of the most glorious backlog ever made.

Lots of games needing that second chance to be loved by the big public likeBit Generations, Astroboy, Drill Dozer, Kuru Kuru Kururin, The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, Starfy and even games like Mario vs. Donkey Kong and Sonic Battle

Drago

Superstar Saga good? Only played Partners in Time. Either way I wouldn't get too excited... best to be pessimistic. Still find it hard to believe NoA putting up a GBA page was a mistake.

It's a fantastic game. Fun battle mechanics, great music, hilarious, nice world to explore, and absolutely brilliant writing. A must-play, and it's my favorite Mario RPG. (haven't finished TTYD though)

If it releases on 3DS, I'll be so very happy.
3AQmK.gif

JazzmanZ

man all I'm hoping for is the GBA Castlevania Aria of sorrow.

maybe a japan port of the Rhythm heaven game for the GBA would be nice too. (after all Nintendo did bring Sin and Punishment state side on Wiiware)

Astro Boy
Advance Guardian Heroes
Mario and Luigi

Well, I was going to list a bunch of stuff I wanted but there's just too much! Hopefully true!

FIIIIRRREEEE EMBLEEEEEEEM!

But yes finally! About time we got GBA games.

And christ please up the schedule for all 3DS VC games. Still waiting on Survival Kids.

JavyOO7

Maybe there will be GBA games on the shop this week. Like maybe Super Mario Kart GBA.

And you also get to play it on your Wii U gamepad when it comes out.

lol

I remember I once shot 24 under in a game of Mario Golf on GBA. I'd totally buy it showed up on the e-shop, I lost my GBA copy long ago.

Top Bottom