• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Gold and Silver Mario amiibo on the way?

Berordn

Wonder if these are loyalty rewards of some kind for people who hit Gold/Platinum in Club Nintendo since its inception.

Because if not, scalpers are going to have a field day.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Count me in for "hoping for Club Nintendo Gold/Platinum rewards". I kind of wonder if this could be the special prize for reaching Gold &/or Platinum all 7 years in a row. Like, Platinum gets both the Silver & Gold (or just gold), while Gold, as they're one rank lower, would just get silver.

Either way, with how rare certain amiibo are, these are probably going to be even MORE valuable.

Neku89

It'd be nice if they were rewards for being a loyal customer (member of Club Nintendo for a long time, with an high Star/Coin lifetime count).

Knowing Nintendo, they'll send an email to random members offering to buy these for 19,99€ plus shipping.

EU only.

Good just do stupid pallets swaps to appease the collector fan base. There's no reason stuff from the normal product line needs to be so exclusive "just because"

L~A

I got it!

Those were ordered by EvilLore.

Gold Mario is the gift for all new GAF Gold members this year.
Silver Mario is the gift for the brand new GAF Platinum. For 1000$/year, you get avatar + signature (along with possibility to use gifs for them), mod privileges for 1h/day, and so much more like a super fast server just for you.

Spikain

o37Xj9L.jpg

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
They call me Pink Gold Peach ~♪
♪~ You might not know about me,
but I'm a princess, see? ~♬
♫~ 24-karat royalty.

-Horizon-

I got it!

Silver Mario is the gift for the brand new GAF Platinum. For 1000$/year, you get avatar + signature (along with possibility to use gifs for them), mod privileges for 1h/day, and so much more like a super fast server just for you.
Waiting for the spring sale on GAF Gold :T

lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Those links no longer work. Makes me glad I nabbed the packaging off those pages before the page was taken down.

Lombax

Banned
bummer the pre-order window is closed, but we can expect 80% to get shipped to Germany, 15% shipped to Canada, and the remaining 5% will be distributed randomly in the US among all retailers including grocery stores.

Mr. RPG

I hope these are Club Nintendo rewards, but I doubt it.

I think Nintendo said themselves that it would be digital games only this year.

ReyVGM

I'm glad I didn't get drawn into the amiigo craze. I don't want to be filling my house with eventual releases of Dark, Shadow, Platinum Marios. And Small Mario, Fire Mario, Yoshi Riding Mario and on and on.

Cody_D165

Banned

I posted a random thought the other day in the Club Nintendo thread about how I wondered if they were possibly looking into providing some sort of prize for Club Nintendo members who had achieved Gold or Platinum status every year while CN was active.

It looks like I might have just gotten my answer? ;)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm glad I didn't get drawn into the amiigo craze. I don't want to be filling my house with eventual releases of Dark, Shadow, Platinum Marios. And Small Mario, Fire Mario, Yoshi Riding Mario and on and on.
& then there'll be Cat Mario & Tanooki Mario & Penguin Mario & Propeller Mario & Squirrel Mario & Hammer Mario & Frog Mario &......

[revving intensifies]

Actually, this is a cool thing and a curse. If they choose to do it through CN (Platinum and Gold Rewards perhaps?) that'd be pretty neat.

If these are regular figures that will be randomly inserted into cases, you'll likely never see them. Skylanders chase figures are the same way; employees take them out of the cases and very rarely do they get put on the shelf in the first place. And if they do get onto the shelves, you can expect scalpers to be foaming at the mouth and grabbing them when stores open.

Gamestop is especially notorious for taking them out of the boxes before they're shipped to stores to release in ridiculous bundles on their website.

& then there'll be Cat Mario & Tanooki Mario & Penguin Mario & Propeller Mario & Squirrel Mario & Hammer Mario & Frog Mario &......

Boo Mario amiibo or bust.

Actually just a Boo amiibo would be radical. I wonder if there will be a line for baddies like that.

Well there goes my hopes for an affordable Metal Mario Amiibo, since silver looks exactly like Metal Mario (and I'm surprised they didn't just call it that)

TunaLover

I got it!

It'd be nice if they were rewards for being a loyal customer (member of Club Nintendo for a long time, with an high Star/Coin lifetime count).

Knowing Nintendo, they'll send an email to random members offering to buy these for 19,99€ plus shipping.

EU only.

Incoming Platinum and gold rewards.

Count me in for "hoping for Club Nintendo Gold/Platinum rewards". I kind of wonder if this could be the special prize for reaching Gold &/or Platinum all 7 years in a row. Like, Platinum gets both the Silver & Gold (or just gold), while Gold, as they're one rank lower, would just get silver.

Either way, with how rare certain amiibo are, these are probably going to be even MORE valuable.

Wonder if these are loyalty rewards of some kind for people who hit Gold/Platinum in Club Nintendo since its inception.

Because if not, scalpers are going to have a field day.

I'll be able to send my kids to college if these things end up being Club Nintendo awards.

Didn't Nintendo stated that there won't be more phisical rewards for Gold/Plat members?
Only digital rewards?

Ahnez

Double Cherry Mario Amiibo pack* !

*includes 2 standard Mario amiibos

Mr. RPG

Probably right, but we could hope. Could be clever since Silver is close to Platinum in terms of color.

http://club2.nintendo.com/program-notice/

2015 Elite Status

In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.

Yeah, I doubt they'll be used for Club Nintendo rewards. I wish though. :(

Top Bottom