• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: GT Sport open beta to run 9th-12th October, possible beta content inside

bombshell

Thanks to JamboGT.

From the product details here: https://www.tesco.com/direct/gt-spo...ps4/461-8376.prd?skuId=461-8376&source=others

Open BETA
9th October - Open Beta Live
12th October - Open Beta Closes.

Open beta with no UK limit for entrants.
Available to all PS4 owners, and will not require a PS+ membership.
Modes available
Arcade
1. 3 Tracks (Northern Isle, Dragon Trail, Colorado) Sport Mode
2. Daily Races Only
3. Campaign Mode
4. School - 8 Events
5. Missions - Stage 1 and 6
6. Circuit Experience - 3 Tracks
7. Race Etiquette - Not included

Unlocks
Daily Workout One vehicle unlock for every 26 miles driven per day.
1. 4 Day demo, 4 vehicles Campaign Mode
2. Missions Stage 1 completion - Group 4 vehicle
3. Missions Stage 6 completion - Group 6 vehicle

Elements transferrable to full game (Details to be confirmed)
1. Cars
2. Currency + Experience Points
3. Driver Profile including Sportsmanship + Driver Rating

Info on the Tesco product page wasn't there yesterday according to a thread on GT Planet, but take with a grain of salt of course since it's not an official announcement of neither the beta dates or the beta content.

CrayToes

Been playing the beta for what feels like forever now. Glad more folks can try before they buy. Still not 100% sold on the game but I'll likely be there day 1 anyway.

I wish they let us test VR portion, the only reason to get GTS for me.

I mean, it's very easy to imagine what it would be like in VR. You just sit in the car cockpit.

VR is also the main selling point for me, but if I can just play the game itself and check out the handling, it'll be very easy for me to mentally extrapolate that to the VR experience. Essentially the same thing, except blurrier, more immersive and with only 1 other car on the track.

Cool, I've still got the Beta installed, hopefully they just update that and I don't have to download another version.

Seems like a decent demo and I'm guessing they want to do a last minute stress test on servers before launch, probably a good thing, as they don't need any online problems at launch, as it will hurt the game.

Rodelero

Having not got into the closed beta this is great. I've currently got the game ordered but I'm still a little unsure. Will be good to get my wheel out again.

Open Beta that will happen in just few days and this is still a rumour? I hope we won't need invitations for this secret open Beta.

I am angry because I waited so long to be invited in the closed beta but didn't get any invite.

Top Bottom