• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: GTAV SP DLC details; character is Anthony Miller, placed in San Fierro etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimFL

Hot damn the pics look fake as fuck. I also don't buy R* creating new landmasses for DLC, they've never done it in 4 or RDR.

It sounds too good to be true. The most I could see them do is add detail to the current map. EFLC added night clubs etc. Speaking of night clubs... what the HECK happened to the Bahama Mamas interior?! It's been sitting there with closed doors for months (or a year already?).

On Demand

Banned
About damn time if true. GTAV needs sp DLC badly. The game is so damn good.

Can't say the same for the online......Which they keep updating. :/

Here's the original source. Author claims that he came in contact with a mysterious Youtuber called XXII and he leaked some pics and videos of the alleged SP DLC:

http://busted.gr/kati-terastio-erchete-sto-grand-theft-auto-v/

wegrf.jpg

esgyhg.jpg

dgsehgr.jpg

a4sx7DR.png

2Q6Makn.png

That dude in the second photo doesn't even look like he belongs in the same game. I think it's a fake you guys.

Goddamnit. First that The Last of Us 2 article and now this. Why must you play with my heart? This is also exactly what I wanted Rockstar to do for dlc and would explain why it has taken them so long.

Edit: That fourth image looks like Garry's Mod or something.

Jito

Banned
uhh please no, how about more cool online content? no one plays GTA for single player anymore, its crap and boring. just keep building online features, it's the new COD for gamers all around..

Rockstar is making a huuuge mistake, mark my words the fanbase is going to riot, me and my buddies will boycott the current online for sure if the SP noobs get a big expansion and we dont. we will see how they like that.

Is this taking the piss?

gnexus

Looks like someone got all Rockstar leak-happy after last week's RDR2 map stuff and created this.

As someone said before, it looks like a GTA4 mod

Ad0ve

Banned
please be have a standalone release. I only have GTAV on PS3 and I have no interest in rebuying it on another plattform but if this is standalone I would get it day one on PC

Ash735

This is fake. Unless They started it last year, in which case, designing two cities, recording a storyline AND doing all the extra in the space of one year at their quality is just downright impossible, remember that the GTA IV DLC used the already made things from GTA IV and just filled in the storyline and a few extra vehicles and weapons and places on the same map.

Grief51

Banned
Yeah, I'm not buying this rumour. Seems almost as much work as releasing a full-fledged Gta VI.
No way they are putting THAT much work + money into a DLC

The "screenshots" also look fake as fuck

This is fake / not true.
All of these "leaks" have been bull shit for the last 3 years.
"Hey guys I just got word from the infamous YouTube hacker ==GrittySnipezxXX== that Las Venturas is coming! Be sure to like and subscribe for all of the latest GTAV news"

Seeing the photos just confirms it... If somebody leaked screenshots, why would they be so shitty? Like if you're able to get your hands on rendered screenshots, why would they look like total garbage?

Hahaha... welcome to the city of ambitions...??

uhh please no, how about more cool online content? no one plays GTA for single player anymore, its crap and boring. just keep building online features, it's the new COD for gamers all around..

Rockstar is making a huuuge mistake, mark my words the fanbase is going to riot, me and my buddies will boycott the current online for sure if the SP noobs get a big expansion and we dont. we will see how they like that.

Is this a joke?

Aah nm ;)

cordy

Banned
Hope it's eventually confirmed true because I was just thinking about this the other day. Rockstar's making so much dough they don't need to come out with a full-fledged GTA6 yet. Give us more single-player with online additions and we're good until next-gen.

Pineapple

Single player DLC 3 years after release? Yeah, not believing that.

I fully believe at this point that development is already underway on VI. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if VI includes San Fierro on one side of the map, and Las Venturas on the other.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Remember when that Youtube channel (the ones who said that MS tried to purchase Silent Hills), leaked pictures from Dark Souls III months before the reveal? And how everyone went: "Ok yeah, that's legit"

These screenshots are like the opposite of that. WELCOME TO THE LAS VENTURAS!

Piers

It's probably similar to HL3 where there's some evidence suggesting that they tinker with conceptual ideas behind the scenes but ultimately leave it to dust.

people said the same things about the Red Dead 3 map, and it looks like it turned to be right. So who knows.

That's likely exactly why whoever's trying to get attention would post this. Shitty looking RDR bogus map somehow ends up having some other rumors suggesting it's real, and so elite mysterious YouTuber XXIIXXVLX leaks photos taken with an LG enV3 and it gets 150,000 views.

Who the hell is Anthony Miller

I am 10,000% sure that Anthony Miller is not the real name of mysterious youtuber XLIV

100,000% sure, Maury

Ishida

Banned
I can't believe people are even entertaining the idea of these being legit.

"Welcome to the Las Venturas"?
Blurry screenshots?
Characters that were clearly photoshopped in?

C'mon people...

I call bullshit. 100%, straight up.

There is no way Rockstar created entirely new cities/areas for GTAV DLC.

I can't believe people are even entertaining the idea of these being legit.

"Welcome to the Las Venturas"?
Blurry screenshots?
Characters that were clearly photoshopped in?

C'mon people...

Also this.

The ship has sailed for GTA V DLC.
It's all about online for R* which is the primary money maker.

Oh and those screens are laughable!

PSOreo

I'm normally "cautiously optimistic with a heavy dose of scepticism" but this all screams like fanboy pipe-dreams to me. The screens especially look dreadfully fake. Unfortunate but I think way too much time has past for singleplayer DLC to be a reality for this game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom