• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumour) Hints that GTA V story DLC is indeed coming?

ODDI

Found off of gtavcheats who did a write up from se7ensins modder LondonTown2004.

Stop the presses! Something seemingly inconceivable has been uncovered by reputable data miners. This isn’t just some random, vague reference in the code either, but it appears to be conclusive evidence with screenshots of a new interface, files and a single player DLC management system. This is the holy grail of GTA V data mining, this is the discovery of the year, and possibly the best Christmas gift the community could have possibly received.

dlc3-600x338.jpg

LondonTown2004, a name already well known in scripting and data mining circles, recently uncovered some new files in GTA V which serve as the framework of a new DLC management system – a system that is geared towards the game’s single player portion. These files aren’t currently among regular installs and must be retrieved from a QAB server in use by Rockstar. Which, in turn, is impossible to do unless you know your coding and aren’t afraid of a little illegal activity.

However, once the files are in place, you can manually install the DLC management system, which is exclusive to single player. The data leak also suggests that there will be several single player DLCs, and at least some of them will be paid. LondonTown2004 was greeted by a lock-screen which stated that the DLC was not authorized, and that it must be purchased.

Once he circumvented the lock, he discovered some changes to the pause menu, which now included a bright blue “DLC” label, which in turn opens the management screen we’ve been talking about this whole time. The system will allow players to manage activated DLC, presumably allowing them to “turn” it on or off at will.

As with other games with a paid DLC system, if you have a save file which has DLC items in use, but the account does not own the DLC, it will only allow you to access said save if you accept that the game will delete any content in association to the DLC.

Head over to the se7ensins link to see more.
Choose option D if old.

I already posted in that thread, but all of the "this is normally inaccessible but I got around it because why not", combined with the cropped screenshots, seems like bullshit to me.

I fully believe that SP DLC or Liberty City is coming, but I don't think anything in that thread is true, especially when ANY link on the site he gives us goes to the same error.

TimmiT

This could also just mean that they at one point were planning to make story DLC, not that they are actually making it.

Nazo

Really hope this is true. But I can't help but be pretty cynical about the whole thing. I'll believe it when Rockstar formally announces it.

The_Monk

It would be nice to get more single-player content and while we are at it, release in physical form just like the good old days when he goes some expansions like that.

The Witcher 3 physical release regarding the first expansion was something interesting to see and I hope they do a similar one to their next expansion. It would be nice if Rockstar did the same, it happened in GTA IV if I'm not mistaken.

Still don't think it's coming. It may have been in the cards so maybe some leftover files got pushed, if all this is even real, but what company would possibly see story DLC more than 2 years after the launch of the game as a good investment, when they could be working on a proper sequel?

wrowa

Well, this really doesn't tell us much without knowing when Rockstar created those files. It's entirely possible and likely they intended to create single player DLC but decided against it when they realized how successful GTA Online has become.

Freeman76

They categorically stated there was no single player DLC coming and also confirmed their whole dev team is working on MP since its so profitable. This may have been in the game in preparation for SP DLC before they realised how popular the online was.

Dont get me wrong, i would love a single player DLC as the online just doesnt work smoothly enough, loading takes up half the playtime.

jdmonmou

This looks like a hoax. Makes no sense for Rockstar to release this DLC for a more than 2 year old game. If any single player DLC was coming Rockstar would've said so before release like they did with GTA 4.

Well, this really doesn't tell us much without knowing when Rockstar created those files. It's entirely possible and likely they intended to create single player DLC but decided against it when they realized how successful GTA Online has become.

They categorically stated there was no single player DLC coming and also confirmed their whole dev team is working on MP since its so profitable. This may have been in the game in preparation for SP DLC before they realised how popular the online was.

Dont get me wrong, i would love a single player DLC as the online just doesnt work smoothly enough, loading takes up half the playtime.
This tbh. I'm sure it was planned at some point but the cross gen release and PC port while also supporting GTAO was probably a lot, and I imagine they made enough money with the PC/PS4/XB1 releases to make DLC unnecessary, particularly hamstrung across generations.

The person you should be trusting for leaks is funmw2, who mentioned Lowriders Part 2 and Liberty City. He's been right about a tons of stuff beforehand so it only makes sense to believe him over some unknown who doesn't explain anything.

Freeman76

Still don't think it's coming. It may have been in the cards so maybe some leftover files got pushed, if all this is even real, but what company would possibly see story DLC more than 2 years after the launch of the game as a good investment, when they could be working on a proper sequel?

I definitely agree there is no single player dlc coming, however We are at the beginning of a new console generation, it is not unconceivable that companies would make dlc this long after release. Driveclub is a good example of a model where the game is more of a service, with long term dlc plans to build on it.

Denton

Hope this is true, Online has zero appeal to me but I loved the campaign.
I always hate how R* creates these huge great worlds and then only releases one game in them. At least GTA4 had two.

Griss

At this stage I'd prefer they focus on a whole new game in Vice City or wherever using the GTAV engine as it appeared on PS4 and PC.

Bit late in the day for single player DLC for V, and a whole new game would provide vastly better value for content.

DigSCCP

Really hope this is fake.
We are entering this gen third yeard and I wanna next gen GTA not a DLC for a 2013 last gen game.
This would be nice in 2014.
But 2016?!
Fuck off R* and gimme a current gen game asap.

SomTervo

I know someone who works at R* and they said there are no plans for singleplayer DLC. Last month.

They were drunk and broke NDA.

It's not happening and never is.

This looks like a hoax. Makes no sense for Rockstar to release this DLC for a more than 2 year old game. If any single player DLC was coming Rockstar would've said so before release like they did with GTA 4.

Well the remastered version is only a year old at this point and they still support it with online DLC so it's not like the community has moved on from the game so there's still interest there. If this does come out it probably won't even be for last gen consoles.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Most of the GTA leakers are clickbait morons and full of shit. However I do recall that Franklin's VA mentioned that he was recording lines for single player DLC so maybe it was put on hold and not cancelled after all

Top Bottom