• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Injustice 2 coming May 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to see how gimped the PC version turns out.

Yoshi88

Just in time for another gimped and left-to-die Nintendo port from WB (see Injustice 1)

Nevertheless I'm looking forward to the game itself.

first game was alright, but I kinda wish Netherrealm was working on something else rather than this MK-Injustice-MK-Injustice cycle. Hopefully they completely overhaul the character designs this time around though.

This guy made a video about it over a week ago, didn't want to post a thread for this though. He basically says he knows someone who was playtester on the first game and he confirmed they're working on a sequel.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well MK9 was April 2011, Injustice was April 2013, MKX was April 2015, so it makes sense for Injustice 2 to be April 2017. They are hitting WB's fiscal targets consistently.

Unknown?

Loved the first one! Have it on PS4 but I wonder why the first didn't make it to Xbox One when it was on every system imaginable.

farisr

This was expected.

Though the other topic ended up making me wish for a Shaolin Monks remake, which led to me search and find out that Ed Boon teased a remaster or a remake in 2013... which just makes things worse as I know it's not likely at all.

Unknown?

The thinking is that Sony cut some sort of deal to get it next gen exclusive as a way to combat Xbone launching with KI.

Makes sense, wonder why they didn't cut another deal. With so many fighting games exclusive to their console now(SF, KOF, GG, BB) it seems like they want to make it the default console for the genre.

Anyway I look forward to injustice not being held back by old systems and iOS.

Scotia

Banned
Makes sense, wonder why they didn't cut another deal. With so many fighting games exclusive to their console now(SF, KOF, GG, BB) it seems like they want to make it the default console for the genre.

Anyway I look forward to injustice not being held back by old systems and iOS.

You do know they're going milk the fuck out of the game with an Injustice 2 app, right?

The God

You know what to do Netherrealm.

could-we-see-static-shock-in-dc-s-legends-of-tomorrow-static-shock-in-young-justice-796284.jpg

They're welcome to finish the PC version of MK10 if they want me to spend more than $10 on their new game. (By then I expect to know if Injustice 2 is a complete game.)

Penguin

Hmm I guess

Surprised didn't lighten it up and make it a full-on just Justice League fighter to tie-in with the movie.

yuraya

Next year is very big for WB. Wonder Woman and JL movies coming so it makes sense for them to release a game for DC stuff as well. Be it Injustice or wtvr. I'm still wishing we get a new Superman game from Rocksteady tho. I'd take that over a fighting game.

I don't know if it's really necessary, but okay.

I'm actually in the middle of the first game, but only because I got it for free. It's better than expected, but the story is overdrawn and uninteresting and the gameplay feels kind of stilted.

I'm playing through it to get it off my backlog. But I don't dislike it. I'd never pay for an Injustice game, though, or really any fighting game anymore.

I'm really curious about NRS's game development schedule. I find releasing such content-heavy fighters every two years consistently quite impressive if that new date is accurate.

Are they large and have more than one project going at a time? Are they just that efficient?

Top Bottom