• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: LA Noire remaster to feature VR support and first person mode

Shiggy

We have heard from three separate sources related to Rockstar that VR features have been prototyped for the Playstation release of the game, indicating that a VR mode might well be on its way.

In addition, we have heard that a first person mode is planned to be added to all versions of the game. If these rumors amount to anything, it’s easy to imagine a first person mode being realized in a similar fashion to the first person mode added to GTA V’s Xbox One and PS4 versions:

There’s no word yet on when the apparent LA Noire remaster is set to launch. Earlier rumors indicated that it may have been planned for later this year, but given the busy release schedule all three of the rumored systems, Rockstar might well end up pushing it back to 2018. If so, this would make 2018 a huge year for the company with Red Dead Redemption 2 currently being expected to hit in Spring 2018.

Source

jediyoshi

Seeing their facial cap tech in VR would be pretty neat, though the crazy cut off with their normally keyframe animated bodies is gonna look way goofier in this day and age.

I really enjoyed LA Noire, so would be up for a remaster on PS4 and if the VR support is real and it's done well, it should be pretty cool.

Bendo

Have the Switch rumours gone?

If anything I think this lends some credence to it. It always sounded absurd that they would port a six year old game to the Switch (other than Skyrim), but if they're actually doing a remaster it makes a whole lot more sense. Of course it could also just be a case of Rockstar prototyping a port which never ends up seeing the light of day.

Like everyone else it seems I never finished it despite playing halfway through it twice, but I could definitely see myself double dip.

LQX

An underrated gem but don't think I can play through it again unless it is to hear those shoes clapping the pavement sounds.

There is no way you could possibly play the entire game in VR.

The VR stuff would probably be its own separate mode and be limited.

Shin

Banned
Wait what, LA Noire remaster on top of that VR support?
I'm all over it if it's the case, never got to play it on PS3/PC.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I really loved LA Noire back in the day on 360. I have it for PC, but I honestly have no desire to replay the game any time soon. Getting to discover the culprit behind each case was 90% of the fun.

Good for people who haven't played the game yet, though! I don't see why it needs VR, but, hey. That's what developers do these days.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
LA Noire remaster doesnt seem that worth while without VR. Is this the first time a remaster rumor popped up? Kind of hard to believe, espeically since Rockstar themselves didnt make the game, they published it IIRC. I think the studio that made it is closed too.

Shin

Banned

Ehh, there's Skyrim VR which I believe is the full game so it would be possible, albeit a lot less nicer looking.

Bendo

Granted it's been a while since I played it, but from what I can recall the combat and chase sequences are the only things they'd have to change. The investigation and interrogation, which are the best parts anyway, would work perfectly, if not better, in VR.

A rumor huh ?

5osydY.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but this was never rumored as a Switch exclusive. It was said to be coming to Switch but other platforms simply wern't detailed in that report.

GeoGonzo

Now I'm wondering how they'd handle inspecting corpses respectfully: Giving the player full control could easily turn it into a ragdoll physics clown show.

It's one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played, so the inclusion of VR would greatly enhance your playing experience I'd imagine. Even the main menu alone would be a trip.

Man, I hope the rumour of a remaster is true. We might actually be getting a sequel if it's happening.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Maybe ill finally be able to tell if the suspect is lying or telling the truth...only to fuck it up with the wrong answer selection.

Shin

Banned
Looks like VR is starting to get proper support from the industry and things seems to be picking up rather than dying down as some claimed.

RomeoDog

Banned
Adding a first person mode to that unique engine ?

Adding VR support means they need to add first person, but the game really isn't built for it.

So it sounds impossible to me. Besides the company that made the original has been abandoned and the face technology needs a licence.

So i'll believe it when I see it. If it comes out and I can play it on PS4 Pro without VR I'm double dipping for sure.

Top Bottom