• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Mark Cerny's team (Knack) helping out on finishing The Last Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taken from the E3 preview and predictions thread.

So, I was listening to the PS Nation Podcast (Episode 427: PrE3) and about 1:02:00 in, Stewart Gilray (of Just Add Water) heavily implied that Mark Cerny's team (the team that built Knack?) might be the team finishing development on the The Last Guardian.

http://www.psnation.com/2015/06/08/episode-427-pre3/ Edit- For some reason, the timestamp was different on iTunes. In the link, it actually occurs around 49 minutes (almost exactly). I don't get why there was a 10 or so minute difference.

The Cerny rumor is... interesting. Funny I've heard it for the third time!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck The Last Guardian, I'm more excited about what tomorrow's The Last Guardian rumour will be.

I'm not an insider, but I vaguely remember this rumour popping up in the past?

chadskin

kqz1pzs.gif

Knack was developed by a team at Sony Japan Studio which... is the same studio that would have been making TLG anyway. At least, supposedly making it.

Tagg9

Knack was developed by a team at Sony Japan Studio which... is the same studio that would have been making TLG anyway.

Exactly. How is this surprising in the least?

What studio did people expect to be working on The Last Guardian? Naughty Dog?

Hatchtag

Banned
why are people worried about the Knack developers ruining TLG? Knack was disliked because of its gameplay, and ICO/SotC aren't really well-received because of how great their gameplay was. Hell, they're petty minimal in it, iirc.

I had more fun with the demo of Knack than the first hour of ICO/SotC, but I'd be lying if I said Knack had cool environments like those games. But it's not like they're gonna redo the art to look like Knack.

RexNovis

Banned
I don't think people really understand how Studio Japan operates. The "teams" are floated around from project to project depending on development needs. "Team Ico" is just the name of the core group of creatives that are led by Ueda and the same goes for "Team Cerny" (core group of creatives led by Cerny for development of Knack). Basically the teams are labelled as such for whatever project they are working on not the people in the team and as such these teams can and do get regularly rotated and changed depending on the needs of the project. It's a fluid system they are not independent entities. It is absolutely a given that some of the staff from Cerny's project would also be working on the Last Guardian.

Lingitiz

Sounds about right. I'm super fascinated to see what this game has become, mostly just out of curiosity. I don't even know if I'm all that excited to play it, I just want to know what's taken so long and what it even is now. I wonder if it even resembles the original concept.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Knack was developed by a team at Sony Japan Studio which... is the same studio that would have been making TLG anyway. At least, supposedly making it.

Yeah, I'm not seeing the shocking news here. I was always under the impression that Sony Japan was more or iess one pool of resources that got shifted around as projects entered and left full production or needed a push towards release.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Knack is the worst game I have played on the PS4, so I hope they don't have too much to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom