• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour]Microsoft is apparently trying to finalize deals with 3 Studios before E3.

CyberPanda

Banned
056emdb.jpg

hmmmmmmmmm

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
056emdb.jpg

hmmmmmmmmm

So people still don't understand that Azure in general has nothing to do with Xbox?

https://customers.microsoft.com/en-us/story/io-interactive. It doesn't say it's exclusive to Xbox in this old article from 2017. They are just using Azure but that can be used for every platform, PS4, Xbox, Switch, PC. Azure was never build exclusively for Xbox of Microsoft. It's always been build for external costumers, same as AWS or Google Cloud.

manzo

Like others have said in this thread, I think one of the main reasons MS is buying out these studios is to start A-AA level content creation to their gamepass. Kind of like Netflix does, produce content to your monthly subscriber base.

Buying Relic would make things interesting, as they're primarily a PC developer. Microsoft adding full-blown keyboard and mouse support to their Xbox consoles could indicate that they intend the gamepass and its games to be fully playable on all systems which supports the gamepass or Xbox Live ecosystem. You could switch seamlessly between your PC, Xbox and probably in the future, systems X and Y.

This really would be an interesting take on the "Netflix of video games" idea that Google with Stadia seems to be also aiming for.

Ian Henry

Indeed, MS wont just hand a win to Sony this time around. They are heavily investing in their AAA halo series aswell.

Might MS go for real hardcore games, not the few a year AAA zombie 3rd person cinematic gaming experiences sony has been putting out the last 7 years, gamers might pick up on that and we can see a 360&PS3 gen again, but this time around Xbox has been around longer then just 4 years.
MS could also output more then just 20 titles like Sony did over the whole console lifespan.

Shit......that could definitely happen. People are gonna get really tired of the cinematic games Sony puts out. Despite people saying they'll never be stopped, It's highly possible that it could lead to an anti movement or alternative for games.

Three

10% of PS users buys those exclusives on average. Your in the minority if you bought HZD.

Btw, you are in a MS thread about MS aquiring studios.
10million sales is not the minority. If that were the case every single game you buy is lower than even the minority. Not sure where you are going with this. Especially the talk of variety. There is no more variety than Sony's output this gen.

VAVA Mk2

I want a studio fully staffed by minority raced women, making games about climate change and fat shaming.

Good...they can let Bonnie Ross run it as it feels like she is more concerned about her own agenda than making truly great Halo games. Let Frankie run 343i and bring back Joseph Staten to be Franchise Development Director since Halo is his baby.

Bolivar687

Banned
IO is a great developer. I had a lot of faith in Relic, too, but the way they threw up their hands and walked away from DoW3 is a massive red flag. I'm not sure if moving from underneath one publisher to another is going to fix their problems. Microsoft is still going to expect them to deliver.

Eventually, though, Microsoft is going to have to stop satiating hardcore gamers with corporate acquisition announcements and start releasing some games.

Sacred

Joke post?

They probably aim to be Netflix of gaming - a lot of mediocre content as a filler for their subscription service.

Not at all, you pay one price to play all exclusives going forward and with this focus on first party, no need to pay for another game again if you are happy with what these studios produce down the line.

Javthusiast

Banned
Majority might be AA studios at best, but if they all manage to make great AA games in shorter time than sony needs for their 5-6 year long AAA developments then why not? And if they don't censor games after the esrb already rated them like sony does, then xbox will look better and better coming into next gen.

Elenchus

Banned
IO is a great developer. I had a lot of faith in Relic, too, but the way they threw up their hands and walked away from DoW3 is a massive red flag. I'm not sure if moving from underneath one publisher to another is going to fix their problems. Microsoft is still going to expect them to deliver.

Eventually, though, Microsoft is going to have to stop satiating hardcore gamers with corporate acquisition announcements and start releasing some games.

MS has made no announcement about buying IO or Relic. You’re confusing unconfirmed and baseless rumors with official corporate announcements. However the gulf between those two is vast.

Top Bottom