• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PlayStation showcase planned for August

AmuroChan

Hey Gaf, I'm an actual Sony insider unlike this Nick guy. My sources tell me that Sony will have a showcase at some point in the near future. However, if it doesn't happen, it's because it's been delayed last minute to a later date. I am 100% certain though that a showcase will happen at some point in time.

I love how these attention thirsty twitter insiders always show up when there is an event expected anyway. Anyone can guess that Sony will have a show soon. They don't know shit and have no real "sources"

They just had one in June. I would expect the usual mid-September slot. Same as it’s been the whole PS5 generation so far.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
People might receive Christmas presents sometime between November and January.
season 20 20x4 GIF by South Park

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
They need to have a multiplayer oriented PlayStation Showcase that alays the fears of fans who do not think PlayStation is pivoting fast enough.

90 minutes detailing their next 4 GAAS titles would be their biggest showcase ever.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I want to be a fake insider. I would use that "Everything is subject to change" line in all my fake rumors as it legally covers you 100%
The register button on twitter is your only obstacle for being a fake insider.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Add to that I hope we get a back button accessory for the Dualsense. Never bought it for the PS4 but I would for the PS5.
Agreed if they do unveil the pro controller I hope that attachment is also on its way

Any hint in the slightest of a Socom reboot?

This is one that just keeps coming up and many thought it was going to be a PS5 launch title.

Now maybe it will be the PS competitor to COD ;)

Last edited:
Im so starved for PS content, Id take another Deathloop State of Play at this point. Give me something.
???

After all the news this summer, I can’t imagine we’re less up-to-date on upcoming games than we normally are. Or does the absence of a full-length the State of Play now mean that we don’t know what’s coming, even though we do? Lol

Like, we’re “starved of news for games that are coming soon”, even though we already know the line up for the rest of the year?

Last edited:

Dolodolo

Have heard whispers we will get a big dose of Spider-Man 2 in this next showcase
You also heard that the God of War is going to amaze everyone with its graphics, and it will only be released on PS5.
Thanks to one crazy Ps fan who replied to you on twitter, but his tweet was helpful.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I don't think I bought Knack 2. I wonder where I put Knack 1.
I’ve played Knack 1 at launch and the only reason i’ve played Knsck 2 is because that PSN store glitch that made the game free. Enjoyed my time with both. Perfectly average games.

Elios83

I don't trust this source in the slightest but an event relatively soon (even if it's September it's just 1 month from now) is a given.
They have GOW and TLOUPT1 to promote, now that pretty much all the games they introduced in 2020 have been released they obviously need to introduce the 2023-2024 wave of titles to give people things to look forward to.
Also it seems there are 2 unannounced live service games coming by the end of March 2023.
And last but not least they need an event to promote the system, its games and the new PS+ in time for the holiday season now that a significant increase in hardware availability is about to happen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom