• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS+ March to offer some of the best games since inception

Trogdor1123

If they put up Gravity Rush 2, it'd maybe get the server shutdown pushed back and I'd love to see more people playing the game, but I can't see that being the thing that gets hype. I bet it's something like the 2015 Battlefront.
I wasn't aware there was any online at all. How's it work?

Ridcully

I wasn't aware there was any online at all. How's it work?

It's all asynchronous stuff. Treasure hunts based on user photos, time or score challenges for the various side activities, rating pictures from photo mode, that kind of thing. Nothing too involved. Sony was to shut it down at the start of the year, but it's been pushed back to July.

SirNinja

Dark Souls III was part of the Humble Monthly recently, could be that?
Good thinking; it's probably either that or Bloodborne. Could be a really smart move on Sony's part if it got a ton of people to pick up the expansion(s).

No mans sky ....would be an insult
NMS has gotten significantly better since release. Story, gameplay, sound, and mission variety have all been improved quite a bit through free updates, and an even bigger update is coming soon(ish?). I could easily see NMS in the PS+ lineup someday. Maybe not March, but who knows.

bucyou

i predict battlefield hardline.

and to the poster who said theres never been a great ps+ game....

rocket. league.

A.Romero

I'm really curious about it now. It's better now than before for PS4 but I did manage to snag a few cool titles for PS3 during the last 2 or 3 years I've had it, like Yakuza 4 and 5.

To be honest I don't know why I'm still suscribed. I don't play most of the games released, I seldom play online... I'm a sucker.

Rayderism

One thing I can be fairly sure about......they will either be games I already own, or games I don't care about. Because that's all that's left for me on PSN. I have literally bought EVERY game I even remotely care about for the PS4.....and believe, some of that "care" was very remote. All that's left is games yet to be released....and I have some of those pre-ordered. Not counting PS+ freebies, I have purchased over 300 games so far. If you count the freebies, it's almost 500. And with all those games, I have exactly ZERO online gaming hours tallied. Truth.

I'm a hopeless game hoarder. Sue me.

nowhat

It's all asynchronous stuff. Treasure hunts based on user photos, time or score challenges for the various side activities, rating pictures from photo mode, that kind of thing. Nothing too involved. Sony was to shut it down at the start of the year, but it's been pushed back to July.
TBH I felt all that was very superfluous addition to the game, not going to miss it when it goes offline. Absolutely love GR2 though.

OmegaDenmad

Neo Member
Hopefully some complete games for this month and not just games with a lot of DLC to sell.

I don't mind indies at all so that doesn't make or break a month for me.

INC

Street fighter base game
Mortal Kombat
Wolfenstein
Bf4 or bfh

Or something like that

Not that I'm care about any of those, might dl street fighter......maybe

VertigoOA

Banned
Now that I think about it, since MS is giving away PUBG again, I can see Sony actually giving something good out. Chances of me already owning it already is likely however.

Horns

Maybe they'll use this free game to hype another game. Like give Last of Us away and release a new trailer for 2 on the same day.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
We're 11 days away from getting them, I wonder when they'll announce what they are.

giphy.gif

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
I am certainly intrigued to see what they offer. The last couple of months I thought have been pretty darn good for PlayStation Plus members, so if they say it's even better, then I'm genuinely excited to see what they announce.

Ar¢tos

Probably Knack 2, since it launched mostly unnoticed, and stays there as a 1 year special taking the spot of other games... (didn't they do something like that in the ps3 era?)

VertigoOA

Banned
Should be a multiplayer game. Destiny 2 would be pretty huge; especially with the upcoming updates that drastically change the game. Add something like Bloodborne into the mix and booyashaka.

Actually I think giving away D2 and Bloodborne would be absolutely epic and would definitely combat the free PUBG with bone purchases. We've entered the point in the gen where moves like this seem kinda necessary.

I mean PS plus has been kinda shit since the PS4 launched. MGS and Deus Ex have been some of the only few notables. It's time to give up on the indie trash freebies (that I don't even bother to add to my cart anymore).

Damnit sony! Give me a Bloodborne pro update! Please!!

Last edited:

nowhat

Should be a multiplayer game. Destiny 2 would be pretty huge
So let me get this straight, you're expecting a 6 month old game, that's basically built as GaaS and that will be milked by Activision as far as they can take it, to be released as a PS+ title?

Suuure. On a related note, still waiting for my pony.

Top Bottom