• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] PS4 beta firmware 2.50 allows DualShock 4 button remapping

DieH@rd

Banned
B_cp3wEU0AE2XUR.jpg:orig

According to reports from users who got beta version of PS4 2.50 firmware, new Accessibility feature allows full button remapping of DS4! Analogue sticks [edit - nope, they are in] and touchpad are not accessible, but everything else is. Remapping is possible while being in-game.

PS3 lovers can bind "fire gun" button back to R1, I personally sometimes prefer to switch R2/L2 into R1/L1 positions if game asks me to use R2/L2 often [Demon/Angel forms in DmC]. Possibilities are endless.

edit -
There should be RUMOUR in the title
Yeah. Mods please add it, although this is 99.9% true

ZulxKmW.jpg

edit2 - Analogue sticks [L and R] are listed, but we don't know what they can be switched into [maybe one into another, or one into DPAD, or maybe OS-wide INVERTING].

Mikey Jr.

Yep, THIS is what has me excited for 2.50.

Suspend and trophy deletion I was kinda mehh on. But now?

Yeah, I got flak for this but fuck it.

R1 instead of R2 for shooting!!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Seems like a simple feature that will be hugely helpful.

Big news for people with disabilities too.

alatif113

B_cp3wEU0AE2XUR.jpg:orig

According to reports from users who got beta version of PS4 2.50 firmware, new Accessibility feature allows full button remapping of DS4! Analogue sticks and touchpad are not accessible, but everything else is. Remapping is possible while being in-game.

PS3 lovers can bind "fire gun" button back to R1, I personally sometimes prefer to switch R2/L2 into R1/L1 positions if game asks me to use R2/L2 often [Demon/Angel forms in DmC]. Possibilities are endless.

edit -

Yeah. Mods please add it.

But I can see the L and R for the analogue sticks right there on the picture. Can't be for L3 and R3 cuz thats on the picture too.

Valnen

Fantastic feature for a large of reasons.

It should be standard for any console from now on.

Should have been standard for years. Sadly this isn't even standard on PC, so many games don't allow you to fully rebind to anything you want and you have to mess around with things like autohotkey to do what should be standard.

Eusis

This would be VERY nice for games that are kind of dumb with button mapping for NA versions, IE Atelier games (Rorona anyway) that have Jump as O, interact as X, and "attack" as Square, when it could make a lot more sense to have it mapped more akin to a platformer where you use X to jump and Square to do attack-type actions. And that's easily one of the most minor offenders out there.

Would be nice too to me to make the X/O thing a toggle rather than something hardset by region.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
So can I do this on a game-by-game basis or will the changes apply to every game?

Top Bottom